Oh no's another ticket thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 04:12 AM

Car Info: 08 lgt
Oh no's another ticket thread

Figure I'd share my story as well. So tonight driving to the club808 meet *gasp!* I get pulled over for doing 70. Cop shows me his radar gun blah blah blah I get a ticket. Now I won't make any lame excuses, besides the fact that I did speed up to switch lanes. My first ticket kinda ****ty but oh well. Live n learn. Flame on people, flame on.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:30 AM

Car Info: 07STI
that sucks bro

like you said live and learn....
Old 10-04-2008, 11:21 AM
banned

Car Info: .
That sucks man.
I tried getting safety check yesterday, and it took me 4 hours LOL--2 Goodyears, Mililani Chevron, 2 Midas and Lex in Peal City. I got trouble at every place for coilovers; apparently they're cracking down on recon law for any suspension modifications. What sucks is that my car is at stock ride height or close to it.

I finally had to go call in a favor from a friend to just "write" me one.

*Edit*
I forgot to mention. I got a ticket going from one shop to another for no safety check AHHAH just shoot me

Last edited by reid-o; 10-04-2008 at 11:40 AM.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:48 PM

Car Info: 07 Sti
I feel you about the safety check, it has taken me a good 2 months to get mine complete and my car finally registered here in Hawaii.

The RECON especially is just ridiculous, 2 weeks to get an appointment. Then, after I had called beforehand and asked what I needed, I get told that I need an alignment sheet because of my springs. I had just gotten an alignment before I did the road trip from Utah to Cali. So, another 75 bucks and a useless alignment later I have to wait another 2 weeks to get a second appointment for RECON. I really don't mind doing all of this as I can tell its just one of Hawaii's ways to make some money, which is fine, I'm all for supporting Hawaii. What kind of ticks me off is that after I had finally got this done, the guy comes out with the sticker and slaps it on my bumper. Now, I'm not sure what brilliant person decided to make it a requirement that it goes on a bumper but I don't like them. So now I have a huge sticker in the middle of my clean bumper, quite an eyesore. In the end, even after getting a plate to put the stickers on ( that didn't work because it was only a 2 sticker plate, and I can't find a 3 sticker one ) I have 3 stickers sitting on my otherwise unblemished bumper and it looks horrible.

I HATE STICKERS.

That is all.

I managed to drive around for 2 months with expired registration and out of state license plates without one ticket though, I found that rather funny.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by reid-o
That sucks man.
I tried getting safety check yesterday, and it took me 4 hours LOL--2 Goodyears, Mililani Chevron, 2 Midas and Lex in Peal City. I got trouble at every place for coilovers; apparently they're cracking down on recon law for any suspension modifications. What sucks is that my car is at stock ride height or close to it.

I finally had to go call in a favor from a friend to just "write" me one.

*Edit*
I forgot to mention. I got a ticket going from one shop to another for no safety check AHHAH just shoot me
DAMN! Now I see why it took you forever lol. For my 240 I had to ask a friend as well because I was slammed and had a removable steering wheel (no horn). Then a couple weeks after that he got fired cause the DMV pulled an investigation because he was handing out false papers to everyone.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:48 PM
banned

You were right about the 20 minutes in the past. I've had the same mods for a couple years and never had a problem. The car's the same, and I'm taking it to the same people, but I just failed for some reason.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:06 AM

Car Info: 05 LegaSTI
Originally Posted by Krang
In the end, even after getting a plate to put the stickers on ( that didn't work because it was only a 2 sticker plate, and I can't find a 3 sticker one )
I got mine at Pearlridge:
http://www.razor-concepts.com/
Old 10-05-2008, 08:20 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Don't mean to sound mean but this thread is pointless.

Too bad so sad...man up, pay it, stop crying. OK that part is a little mean but you get the point. No need to post a "cry for me I got a ticket thread" when you know you were in the wrong.

Word.

P.S. Oh wait you told us to flame on...woot!
Old 10-05-2008, 02:11 PM

Car Info: 2004 Java Black Pearl STI (Team DownXhift)
Originally Posted by 808_lgt
Figure I'd share my story as well. So tonight driving to the club808 meet *gasp!* I get pulled over for doing 70. Cop shows me his radar gun blah blah blah I get a ticket. Now I won't make any lame excuses, besides the fact that I did speed up to switch lanes. My first ticket kinda ****ty but oh well. Live n learn. Flame on people, flame on.
You have to admit though, the officer had great penmanship That was the most legible ticket I've ever read!!!

Well, at lease your taking the ticket in stride and admitting to it. If it was me, I would be like Sorry huh, STi killa
Old 10-05-2008, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by bpang1
Don't mean to sound mean but this thread is pointless.

Too bad so sad...man up, pay it, stop crying. OK that part is a little mean but you get the point. No need to post a "cry for me I got a ticket thread" when you know you were in the wrong.

Word.

P.S. Oh wait you told us to flame on...woot!
LOL at your big scary post. If you think I'm crying about it and actually took this thread and your response seriously, you're the dummy.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:09 PM

Car Info: 2004 Java Black Pearl STI (Team DownXhift)
LOL at your big scary post. If you think I'm crying about it and actually took this thread and your response seriously, you're the dummy.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:45 PM

Car Info: 2006 OBP WRX Wagon & SGM 2.5i wagon
uh...... another totally pointless post.

Well so this thread can actually be about something I will post a DIY project.

"sticker plate"

If you cannot find one to fit all three stickers go to a hardware store and pick up a small metal sign ("for sale", "private property"). Make a templet of the size you need out of cardboard, cut it out with whatever the metal cutter tool is called (sorry I don't know the proper name). Use a 90 degree counter edge to bent it, drill two holes in the top and screw it on under your bumper.

"sticker transfer"

This is the tricky part. I used packing tape and a razor. I put the packing tape over the stickers on the back of my car (one at a time). Smoothed it out with a razor back and left the tape not on the sticker loose on the bumper. I SLOWLY pulled up from the bottom with the razor back following. Once its off I just slapped it on the DIY sticker plate with the tape over it.I have done this to 4 cars and have only had 1 rip, so I just taped it back together. I have also yet to scratch a bumper.

Hope this helps someone
Old 10-05-2008, 10:57 PM
banned

Originally Posted by eRicaSWGN
uh...... another totally pointless post.

Well so this thread can actually be about something I will post a DIY project.

"sticker plate"

If you cannot find one to fit all three stickers go to a hardware store and pick up a small metal sign ("for sale", "private property"). Make a templet of the size you need out of cardboard, cut it out with whatever the metal cutter tool is called (sorry I don't know the proper name). Use a 90 degree counter edge to bent it, drill two holes in the top and screw it on under your bumper.

"sticker transfer"

This is the tricky part. I used packing tape and a razor. I put the packing tape over the stickers on the back of my car (one at a time). Smoothed it out with a razor back and left the tape not on the sticker loose on the bumper. I SLOWLY pulled up from the bottom with the razor back following. Once its off I just slapped it on the DIY sticker plate with the tape over it.I have done this to 4 cars and have only had 1 rip, so I just taped it back together. I have also yet to scratch a bumper.

Hope this helps someone

I'll raise your point and add another:

I used an epoxy called Liquid Nails. It works well and dries in an hour or so, so you can pretty much play with the positioning for awhile before walking away.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:26 PM

Car Info: 06 2.5i WGN & 06 WRX WGN
lol, You sure you're old enough to drive ?

If anyone has further suggestions on how to transfer stickers from the bumper to a plate I'd like to hear it.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:52 PM

Car Info: VW R32 02 WRX

Reid O thats a good idea.......

Oh and Cynt if no body posts up another method ask K.

Last edited by UnpimpeD; 10-06-2008 at 12:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Oh no's another ticket thread