The Official HIIC Martial Arts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 10:48 PM

Car Info: JDM WRX
lol damn, started when I was in middle school. use to train Karate at JIKC,recieved my black belt then moved to Kung Fu and Jiu jitsu for another year. I'm recently training for MMA. Recieving training by a good friend who trained Gracie BJJ and Muay Thai. My cousin is forcin me to join 808 fight club but got no time.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:49 PM

Car Info: s2
Originally Posted by dub81
Brend. do you know a guy name PONCE?? I know he trained there awhile back but not sure about now. 5'8-5'9 tanned skin guy.
ive been out of the loop for some time (as far as the martial arts)...work took over most of my time. but i still box from time to time (the sound of the gloves hitting the mitts during a combo is like music to me)....anyways sorry dont know the guy, havent been there for a few years...
Old 07-03-2008, 12:18 AM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
you guys are hard core... It's been many years since I've done anything with martial arts. I used to take Okinawan Kempo. Ended at Brown belt and did a few weapons but that's it.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:12 AM

Car Info: cars
Same here. Its been years since I've trained in anything. I used to take Kung Fu (Hung Gar) and wrestled in high school. Lately I've been thinking about starting BJJ to get back in shape. Can anyone recommend a good school?
Old 07-03-2008, 02:38 AM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
Walter is digging up the old posts... I'm learning Muay Thai now... and later... if I'm fortunate (or unfortunate) I'll get a few pointers (and bruises) from Ryan.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:19 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
Originally Posted by yamatodamashii
ive been out of the loop for some time (as far as the martial arts)...work took over most of my time. but i still box from time to time (the sound of the gloves hitting the mitts during a combo is like music to me)....anyways sorry dont know the guy, havent been there for a few years...
My Bad.. Thought you might have trained together with him..

Originally Posted by iNfek
you guys are hard core... It's been many years since I've done anything with martial arts. I used to take Okinawan Kempo. Ended at Brown belt and did a few weapons but that's it.
Wow...Okinawan Kempo!!Kool
Originally Posted by WRXed
Same here. Its been years since I've trained in anything. I used to take Kung Fu (Hung Gar) and wrestled in high school. Lately I've been thinking about starting BJJ to get back in shape. Can anyone recommend a good school?
Wow Hung Gar, Kool!! Did you attend Au's Shaolin Society??

Originally Posted by luktang
Walter is digging up the old posts... I'm learning Muay Thai now... and later... if I'm fortunate (or unfortunate) I'll get a few pointers (and bruises) from Ryan.
My Bad Chucky!! Didnt realized this even started in '05!! Gotta do what I gotta do to post *****!! lol
Old 07-03-2008, 11:01 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
I forgot to mention that I did get up to Purple Belt in the IKF...but my heart wasn't into it.

Kind of wish my parents put me into some kind of grappling like BJJ or wrestling. I think I could've been reasonably ok in wrestling. But then I played Tennis...sad.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:36 PM

Tennis is good caz you like ballz... or hitting them.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:52 PM

Car Info: 99 gc8
<=== Future Bak Mei Master =)
Old 07-03-2008, 07:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Tennis is good caz you like ballz... or hitting them.
I like to hit them of course...plus they're fuzzy.

I actually knocked my partner out with my serve once...dropped his azz...his fault because he was supposed to poach to my side of the court but moved too early.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:48 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Hey ya Walt, that's pretty cool that you did Muay Thai too! Anyone that says Muay Thai is "too slow" has never fought a real full contact fight IMHO. You eat 1 kick, even if you block it, and we'll see how fast you move after that: that's how I see it Although I gotta admit, it's absolutely true that Muay Thai has zero ground game haha.

Yeah, I'd love to check out that vid. Hell, I'd love to train with you if you'd be okay with it!

As for meditation style, I'm not sure exactly what you mean. We did Wai Kru and Ram Muay, but mine was really simple. The only other meditation I do is from my cross training with Kyokushin Kaikan and Chen style Tai Chi, but it's somewhat rare for me to do very much of it.

Wow!! Didnt know that you and many other people taking up Muay Thai.. other Martial artist practitioners say that it is too slow and there is no ground tactics to it. But thats why I took it with couple of my other high school friends. Ryan, I got a video that My master and I recorded on our trip in 2001 to Thailand. Pure Muay thai fighting versus a Japan shootfighting club. I'll let you borrow it if you want. What kinda meditation style do you guys practice?!
Old 07-07-2008, 01:49 AM
VIP Member

POKE you, Chuck!
Are there even any Russians on O'ahu?!

Ryan broke up with the Kendoka because he found out she got a bigger "stick" than him. LOL. j/p

Damn, this thread is back from the dead. I'm fairly new to the martial art scene. Longing to learn something for a long time. So took a "MMA" course with emphasis on basic striking (boxing) and ground work (BJJ). I had really good instructors that teaches solid fundamentals. I had a great time and I lost 10+ lbs.

Now I'm taking Muay Thai to further improve my striking. I look at these arts as a great form of exercise and personal development. I ain't learning this stuff to prove I got grapefruits in my pants.

I have the honor to "roll" with Choku Dori aka the Human Weapon couple weeks ago. It's more like a BJJ pwnage clinic for me. But also very ghey.

I wonder if there's any place that teaches SAMBO here. There's where all the nasty stuffs are at~!
Old 07-07-2008, 02:00 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
Sorry about the meditation question.. Master Kam told us for meditation, we do head stands against a wall for a couple of minutes.. Dont know why but guess its just his ways.. I have the tape somewhere in the house and as soon as I find it, sure you can watch it.. Give me a couple of years to master my spiritual pressure and to harness my chakra before i get my booty kicked!!

You're back already??

Originally Posted by Choku Dori
Hey ya Walt, that's pretty cool that you did Muay Thai too! Anyone that says Muay Thai is "too slow" has never fought a real full contact fight IMHO. You eat 1 kick, even if you block it, and we'll see how fast you move after that: that's how I see it Although I gotta admit, it's absolutely true that Muay Thai has zero ground game haha.

Yeah, I'd love to check out that vid. Hell, I'd love to train with you if you'd be okay with it!

As for meditation style, I'm not sure exactly what you mean. We did Wai Kru and Ram Muay, but mine was really simple. The only other meditation I do is from my cross training with Kyokushin Kaikan and Chen style Tai Chi, but it's somewhat rare for me to do very much of it.

Last edited by dub81; 07-07-2008 at 02:03 AM.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:09 PM

What kinda meditation style do you guys practice?!
Pr0n.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:21 AM
VIP Member

Wow, that's... an interesting way to meditate
Yup, back in Town and waiting for Horizon Lines to get my car ovah heah!

Sorry about the meditation question.. Master Kam told us for meditation, we do head stands against a wall for a couple of minutes.. Dont know why but guess its just his ways.. I have the tape somewhere in the house and as soon as I find it, sure you can watch it.. Give me a couple of years to master my spiritual pressure and to harness my chakra before i get my booty kicked!!

You're back already??

Quick Reply: The Official HIIC Martial Arts Thread