Oahu seat vendors

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 01:13 AM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX
Oahu seat vendors

hey guys.. i am thinking about upgrading my seats to some after market reclining ones... got any stores on Oahu that have a big variety from bride to recaro's etc... also i would prob need the sliders and mounts... i dont want to order seats from mainland because iv been quoted like $300-400 just to ship them.. :RockOn - not mine:
Old 07-31-2007, 01:16 AM

hmm went to the search for dealer on the corbeau site..

Titan Motorsports

gonna try give them a call.. anywhere else ?
Old 07-31-2007, 01:58 AM

Car Info: 06sti
i think titan is the only shop that always have in stock but i could be wrong but yeah you should try them

hugo
Old 07-31-2007, 02:00 AM

Car Info: 04 XTi.............. Seats down..G's up
vakamon for seats. probably no shop is gonna have them in stock. check eurosport also, they carry the recaro baby seats so probably can get the seat seat too
Old 08-01-2007, 12:50 AM

yeah thats what i was thinking... should i just buy from vendor to cut out the middleman ?
Old 08-01-2007, 01:16 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRB STi
You could also try Munkywurks down by the Costco area.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:31 PM

wats there phone #.. i no more oahu phone book.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:54 AM

Car Info: 2013 WRB GVF STi
Vakamon probably knows a lot about aftermarket seats here in Hawaii, but they don't have much of a selection in store for you to sit down in and try. I remember they only had 1 Sparco seat in the whole showroom and that's it.
It's really hard to buy a seat without sitting on it to see if you like it or not.
When I was looking to buy Recaro Pole Positions... NOBODY in Hawaii had them to check out. I went to many different places and called up a bunch too, and nobody had leather/suede Recaros in stock. I didn't know how tight they were, how tall the bolsters were, how the leather and suede from Recaro felt, etc...

I eventually just waited until I got to SEMA before making the purchase.
You will probably want to get a good 15-20 min seat time before really deciding if you like it or not. Do the braking/accel/clutch motions with your legs to see if you can stand it or not.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:05 AM

Car Info: 04 XTi.............. Seats down..G's up
problem with stocking seats is that they don't move that well. i mean who's really gonna have demo seat if nobody really wants to buy them. vakamon did have a few before but they didn't sell so if it were me i'd stop stocking them too. guess thats why nobody else does either. just ask around to see if someone have the seat you like and see if they'll let you try it. otherwise get the dimentions of the seat you want and see whats the closest you can find and try that. at least you'll have a general idea. if you track your car then def invest in some good seats, if not then don't bother. there are also seat belt lockers you can buy to keep the lap belt tight and that i hear works well and very inexpencive. also if your shorter then remember your probably going to be sitting farther twords the floor so something to think about. GL
Old 08-02-2007, 04:03 AM

Car Info: 2013 WRB GVF STi
Originally Posted by 91sleeper
problem with stocking seats is that they don't move that well. i mean who's really gonna have demo seat if nobody really wants to buy them. vakamon did have a few before but they didn't sell so if it were me i'd stop stocking them too. guess thats why nobody else does either. just ask around to see if someone have the seat you like and see if they'll let you try it. otherwise get the dimentions of the seat you want and see whats the closest you can find and try that. at least you'll have a general idea. if you track your car then def invest in some good seats, if not then don't bother. there are also seat belt lockers you can buy to keep the lap belt tight and that i hear works well and very inexpencive. also if your shorter then remember your probably going to be sitting farther twords the floor so something to think about. GL
True... they don't move well... but they gotta look at it as the cost of doing business. When I was living up in Washington, this store called Speedware had like 25 seats on display and for customers to sit down and try. But, on the other hand, Speedware was the official authorized dealer in the pacific northwest and there's a lot of demand up there for seats.. but not so much here due to the much smaller amount of people, far-off locale, and no race track. My explanation would be not enough demand to justify the business cost rather than because they can't sell it for the same price.