Oahu - Night Life?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 11:10 AM
kym

Car Info: Lotus Elise
Originally Posted by de pilipino guy
how far west are you driving?
Allllll the way west. I'm going to drive along the 93.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:38 PM

Car Info: '10 Xt Ltd, '05 X Beater, '01 GS300
Originally Posted by kym
I've lived here all my life (31 years), and all I have to say is...................what's the 93? LOL! It's funny, 'cuz most people from the mainland use freeway numbers when giving directions. I have no idea! But if you're going west, there's always Wailkele shopping outlets (my GF would love to show you around...LOL!). Or, you could go to Hawaiian Waters Adventure Park. Also you could definietly stop in and check out Ko'olina resort. Like IslandStyle said, man made lagoons, beautiful landscaping, friendly staff. Also, if you go out further west, Makaha has some awesome beaches. One thing I'd personally recommend.....on your way back into town, check out Waiola shave ice. They have one of Kapahulu Ave, right on the main road, heading towards Waikiki. IMO, best shave ice on the island........perhaps maybe even the world!
Old 09-23-2006, 12:40 PM

If you go Waiola's........Large with ice cream, Lychee and Haupia with condensed milk = heaven.
Old 09-23-2006, 01:23 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
bump, have fun today, it's a wet saturday!!
Old 09-23-2006, 01:29 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
Old 09-23-2006, 01:47 PM

Car Info: 04 JBP STi
Also, if hiking's your thing, one of the big bookstores (B&N, Borders) will have a book called something like the 50 best hikes on Oahu. Locations, difficulty, etc. Pretty useful guide.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:09 PM

Car Info: 02' wrb wrx w/ RGII
hmm u cant go wrong with matsumoto's shave ice and hitting up waimaea bay..kailua beach park is also a good spot to kayak and what not....me personally the beaches is way better on the westside..yoke's 3rd dip or makaha's..prey for sex is usually a good spot when the shorebreaks is going off and if ur on the westside make sure you stop at tasty freeze for the cheesburgers and fries of hanarah's rest for the hamburger steak...east side..sandy's and mak's is aites..make sure you hit that lunch wagon early and get the kalua pig plate wit teriyaki sauce all over da rich..man that'll put you to sleep asap....hmm hope this helps..enjoy

nev

Last edited by hayn_wrx; 09-23-2006 at 04:12 PM.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:06 PM
kym

Originally Posted by Bran808
I've lived here all my life (31 years), and all I have to say is...................what's the 93? LOL! It's funny, 'cuz most people from the mainland use freeway numbers when giving directions. I have no idea! But if you're going west, there's always Wailkele shopping outlets (my GF would love to show you around...LOL!). Or, you could go to Hawaiian Waters Adventure Park. Also you could definietly stop in and check out Ko'olina resort. Like IslandStyle said, man made lagoons, beautiful landscaping, friendly staff. Also, if you go out further west, Makaha has some awesome beaches. One thing I'd personally recommend.....on your way back into town, check out Waiola shave ice. They have one of Kapahulu Ave, right on the main road, heading towards Waikiki. IMO, best shave ice on the island........perhaps maybe even the world!
LOL! It's very Californian to precede freeway numbers with 'the' ("the 93") But I should've said Farrington (right?). Anyway, I'm not really here to shop. I found some amazing deserted beaches along the top half of Farrington. I made it to the end of Farrington and watched the waves hit the rocks for a while and headed back.

I'll check out Waiola Shaved Ice on Monday when I go to Waikiki. Thanks for all the advice!!
Old 09-23-2006, 06:08 PM
kym

Originally Posted by hayn_wrx
hmm u cant go wrong with matsumoto's shave ice and hitting up waimaea bay..kailua beach park is also a good spot to kayak and what not....me personally the beaches is way better on the westside..yoke's 3rd dip or makaha's..prey for sex is usually a good spot when the shorebreaks is going off and if ur on the westside make sure you stop at tasty freeze for the cheesburgers and fries of hanarah's rest for the hamburger steak...east side..sandy's and mak's is aites..make sure you hit that lunch wagon early and get the kalua pig plate wit teriyaki sauce all over da rich..man that'll put you to sleep asap....hmm hope this helps..enjoy

nev
Woah .. Your post made my stomach rumble. :P

I've driven through most of the beaches now, and the upper half of the West shore is my favorite. What's up with all the people and the tents there? Are they camping out? I'm going to try and make it back to the west coast again before I leave.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:09 PM
kym

Originally Posted by 808subaru
Woohoo! Thanks!! I had a blast.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:10 PM
kym

Originally Posted by Beam
Also, if hiking's your thing, one of the big bookstores (B&N, Borders) will have a book called something like the 50 best hikes on Oahu. Locations, difficulty, etc. Pretty useful guide.
Thanks, Beam! Will do. I'll do that on Sunday and head out hiking early Monday. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 09-23-2006, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by kym
LOL! It's very Californian to precede freeway numbers with 'the' ("the 93") But I should've said Farrington (right?). Anyway, I'm not really here to shop. I found some amazing deserted beaches along the top half of Farrington. I made it to the end of Farrington and watched the waves hit the rocks for a while and headed back.

I'll check out Waiola Shaved Ice on Monday when I go to Waikiki. Thanks for all the advice!!
Yups, Waiola's beats any "snow cone" I've ever had in the mainland any day! You'll luv how fine the texture is......you'll know when you try it.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:28 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by kym
Kym,

Go to Ko Olina beach resort....it is a beautiful little resort development on the west side.

You will want to eat at Roy's out there.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:13 PM
kym

Originally Posted by bpang1
Kym,

Go to Ko Olina beach resort....it is a beautiful little resort development on the west side.

You will want to eat at Roy's out there.
I'm back on the West side today.. At Pokai Bay (sp?) at L&L right now. A bum recommended that I visit Ko Olina earlier today, so I'll definitely stop by on my way back into town. Thanks!!
Old 09-25-2006, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by kym
I'm back on the West side today.. At Pokai Bay (sp?) at L&L right now. A bum recommended that I visit Ko Olina earlier today, so I'll definitely stop by on my way back into town. Thanks!!
Don't forget your Waiola's shave ice on the way back! If you've never tried "local kine" shave ice, and you're used to "snow cones", you may just fall in love. Damn, I gots 'ta get me some now too.

Quick Reply: Oahu - Night Life?