Oahu - Night Life?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 10:05 PM
kym

Car Info: Lotus Elise
Oahu - Night Life?

I'm vacationing on Oahu right now. Can anybody suggest some activities for the night time? I'm not really into the club/bar scene, so anything outside of that realm would work.

Thanks!!
Kym
Old 09-21-2006, 10:28 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Hmmmm. Nightlife is really all about the clubs and bars on Oahu...

Walking through Waikiki is fun. Driving around the island and hitting up the haunted spots is kinda neat too.

Other than that... /shrug
Old 09-21-2006, 10:41 PM

Car Info: 06 F4I & 04 G35 CHEHOOO
tonight an iclub meet in pearl city!! look for the thread!!! get a chance to come out and meet some peeps!!!
Old 09-22-2006, 01:28 AM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Oh, just thought of Magic of Polynesia. Might be fun. Society of Seven is neat too.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:50 AM
kym

Originally Posted by myroncuz
tonight an iclub meet in pearl city!! look for the thread!!! get a chance to come out and meet some peeps!!!
I saw, but I had some other plans. If there's something going on this weekend, I'll definitely make it out!

Enterprise even gave me a free upgrade to a Forrester so I can represent.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:51 AM
kym

Originally Posted by IS2Scooby
Hmmmm. Nightlife is really all about the clubs and bars on Oahu...

Walking through Waikiki is fun. Driving around the island and hitting up the haunted spots is kinda neat too.

Other than that... /shrug
Waikiki is totally not my kind of place. Waaaay too many tourists. Your one-way streets confuse me too.

The haunted spots sound interesting though. Any more info on that?
Old 09-22-2006, 09:47 AM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
Do a google search on:

Glen Grant...he authored several books about ghosts and spirits from around Hawaii...

He use to have a place called "The Haunt" near University and King St. that gave tours to people at night...kind of scary. I don't think it is operating anymore...

Just be careful going to secluded places at night...you never know...been some nutso's around here lately...

If you like to go for walks at night...we have lots of nice beaches here...safe ones like Kailua Beach. You can go to Laie to the Polynesian Cultural Center after some nice swimming in and around Haleiwa...You can go out to Koolina toward the West end of Oahu to catch the Hawaiian show out there and luau...nice resort area...again, a nice place to walk...they have 3 man-made coves there, lighted, and kept clean...

I lived for Waikiki and the nightclub scenes when I was younger...now, I spend almost all my time doing things with the family...new kind of fun and exciting stuff...
Old 09-22-2006, 01:03 PM

Car Info: '10 Xt Ltd, '05 X Beater, '01 GS300
808 state

Where you from Kym? Kinda' depends on what types of stuff you looking to take in also, while youre here. Like Brent (Island Style) said, there's a lot of nice beaches to check out. Hanauma Bay, during the day is awesome fun to swim with and feed the fishes. Germaine's Luau/Paradise Cove are good fun too......a little touristy, but even for locals, it's cool. There's a Dave & Buster's here, for some food and games. As far as nightlife though, pretty much just clubs and bars. I'll be at Tsunami's tonight (not the one in Waikiki, but the one on Keeaumoku).............working though.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:31 PM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
^^^You work there?

Hey Brandon...I work almost right across the street from you...in the Guardian Life Tower on the corner of Keeaumoku and Kapiolani, across from Tower records...

I pass by there when I go and pick up lunch at Imari Bento...that place is awesome!
Old 09-22-2006, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Island Style
Hey Brandon...I work almost right across the street from you...in the Guardian Life Tower on the corner of Keeaumoku and Kapiolani, across from Tower records...

I pass by there when I go and pick up lunch at Imari Bento...that place is awesome!
Yups, we grab food from there all the time. Imari is awesome, but it takes a long time to get the food. Next time, try Elim Noodle shop (inside Sam Sung Plaza).......the kim chee hamburger steak is awesome!
Old 09-22-2006, 06:09 PM

Car Info: Justy
I might be stopping by Tsunami's tonight with some friends. Haven't been there in a while.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by WRX-Zero
I might be stopping by Tsunami's tonight with some friends. Haven't been there in a while.
I haven't been there since............................last night. So sad! I'll be there again working tonight. Seen Reid-O there last night too. But then again, I see Reid-O there all the time!
Old 09-23-2006, 12:37 AM
banned

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by Bran808
I haven't been there since............................last night. So sad! I'll be there again working tonight. Seen Reid-O there last night too. But then again, I see Reid-O there all the time!

No Mr Ociffer, they have really good 7-up and water there.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:00 AM
kym

Originally Posted by Bran808
Where you from Kym? Kinda' depends on what types of stuff you looking to take in also, while youre here. Like Brent (Island Style) said, there's a lot of nice beaches to check out. Hanauma Bay, during the day is awesome fun to swim with and feed the fishes. Germaine's Luau/Paradise Cove are good fun too......a little touristy, but even for locals, it's cool. There's a Dave & Buster's here, for some food and games. As far as nightlife though, pretty much just clubs and bars. I'll be at Tsunami's tonight (not the one in Waikiki, but the one on Keeaumoku).............working though.
I'm from Orange County.

I'm trying to stay away from places like D&B - I always have the option of going there back home.. I'd rather do something unique to Oahu. I snorkeled in Hanauma Bay yesterday and headed through central up to the north shores afterward. I'll probably end up driving west tomorrow if anybody has any suggestions.

I'll check out Paradise Cove. Thanks for all the advice, guys!
Old 09-23-2006, 11:05 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
how far west are you driving?

Quick Reply: Oahu - Night Life?