Not a Subaru owner but wanted to say HI

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 01:45 PM

Car Info: your mom.
GUMBY! where have you been hiding?
Old 11-15-2004, 02:52 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
Originally Posted by godofturismo
...Exactly. I wouldnt be on the boards here if i "absolutely" didn't like them. We all have our own preferences, and to each his own. Correct?

Quoted from gdogg
"i hate(maybe hate is a strong word) toyotas.... but i respect the Supra. and before me and the wife bought our wrx wagon, we cross shopped with mazda(mp5) and the matrix..."

if a statement like that ever offended anyone in it's entirety, i'd be amazed if the person were over 24 yrs of age...

B
actually i like to browse other boards to see what other entusiasts are thinking. what their outlooks are.. etc.

to be more fair, i really don't hate toyotas... its more of a competitive thing i guess. last year toyota dominated the state in overall sales. and when the wife and i were shopping for a small hatchback a few years ago this is how our shopping experience went.

1. we went to toyota dealership...no one helped us. we left.
2. mazda- they didn't budge on price at all. i walked out within 5 min.
3. subaru- treated me like a human being..with respect. and the car rocked too!
ironically the subie costed us more money that all the rest (and more than we wanted to spend) ironically i now work for the dealer i bought my car from

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 11-15-2004, 03:28 PM

Car Info: '03 Toyota Matrix XRS
well, in that respect, its not necessairly the company itself, its lowlife salesmen..

i do share your sentiments with regards to how dealerships treat people; even a bunch of us get jacked by the toyota dealer on occasion. I bought my car online. I even got a discount for buying it online. In my case tho, my dad knew the salesman responsible for making everything happen, so it all went smoothly and i got a pretty good deal all things considered... no markup either. w00t

There is ONE major peeve i have about Toyota...and this isnt in regards to the work they do (or dont do.. lol) or even the quality of the cars. Rather, the techs that want to charge an extra $20 to put your lowered car on the lift... as if getting a pair of 2x4's out of the back and laying them down so my front end doesn't scratch required a $20 tip for such minimal effort...
Old 11-15-2004, 10:27 PM

Car Info: 1999 Mazda Miata
i enjoy long walks on the beach ^_^
Old 11-15-2004, 11:57 PM

Car Info: 2008 Legacy 3.0R 3L H-6 RIP :( Hello 09 FXT!
^^^ hahahaha ^^^ dude you are too funnay.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:58 PM

Car Info: Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon 2004
Well, Id say that the one thing that helped me buy the Subaru was the dealership......

Toyota and Acura didn't even come out to help me.
Infinity did, but the price tag was to high.......but the service was okay.
Lexus and Honda were to pushy.
Mitsubishi dealers did stupid sh*t to their cars.

Kaneohe Subaru and Five Star did everything they could without pushing me to get me the car I wanted. At first was the STi, but then I settled my mind on the Wagon.

And if you ask me Subaru have the best ride and control I felt so far. Out of the following cars I test drove:

Infinity G35 (Almost the same ride as STi, but I think STi feels a little better)
Lexus IS300 (Smooth ride, however the power and control on the car are nothing compared to a WRX)
Honda S2000 (Overall good, but I heard the maintence was sh*ty)
Evolution 8 (Comfortable cockpit, but the ride was a little stiffer and control felt undergraded compared to the STi)

Dont get me wrong, that's just my personnal opinion. I still has respect for these cars in certain ways. Just I feel the WRX had the best overall rating to me and also, like I said, the dealership was very helpful.

That's my 2 cents.

I have nothing against the matrix. I didn't get to test drive it because the dealership wasn't interested in helping me. I just hate certain drivers in Matrixes that give me a hard time.
Old 11-16-2004, 01:04 AM

Car Info: your mom.
i'm a simpletan...i knew i wanted a scoob, and that was it. traded in the bimmer and the rest is history
Old 11-16-2004, 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by godofturismo
the 2003?

the movie. ^_^
Old 11-16-2004, 02:03 AM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
There shouldn't be this much drama between owners of different brands. I think it would be weak if anybody was truly offended by any statements exchanged on these boards. i-club is better than petty quarrelling, and I am sure DSM and Matrix boards have their standards as well.

If there is indeed a sense of competition among cars, take it to the tracks and settle it there. It is the be all/end all arena around here.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:29 AM

Car Info: 2005 Legacy GT Lmt
Angry

Originally Posted by Drifting_Civic
ahh leave the poor guy alone. he got enough. thats what you get for hating on a car which everyone has in this forum -_- take the anger off on tracks...
Godoftourismo always comes to a board and start ****. He did it at Newcelica.org and we ran him off. He came here and voila! I thinks it genetic. Oh, he wont settle it at the tracks either. We offered the same option but he avoided every possible chance to back up his words.

BTW, Godoftourismo...I remember your punkass when u first got your Matrix and went on one of the Newcelica.org cruises. You were swerving all over the place. Racing in really bad traffic down the H-1 and wearing a pair of Mechanics gloves that u thought were driving gloves. You were a punk then and u still are in my book.

Dont bother to respond to me about this post because i really dont care what your punkass has to say. Im sorry to see that u are here bothering these guys, Hopefully they wont take any of your BS and will send u back to where ever you came from.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:06 AM

^^^Holy Crap!
Old 11-16-2004, 04:07 AM

All I know is Sheryl/TAMAGO is hot........
Old 11-16-2004, 04:51 AM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
^^^Who? oh you mean her?...:banana:

if the matrix comes standard with those i'll take 3.

Last edited by 04sleeper; 11-16-2004 at 05:09 AM.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:17 AM

Car Info: '03 Toyota Matrix XRS
Originally Posted by sneezerboi
There shouldn't be this much drama between owners of different brands. I think it would be weak if anybody was truly offended by any statements exchanged on these boards. i-club is better than petty quarrelling, and I am sure DSM and Matrix boards have their standards as well.

If there is indeed a sense of competition among cars, take it to the tracks and settle it there. It is the be all/end all arena around here.
agreed