NOOO my CEL is on help me.

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 07:36 PM

Car Info: GC8 Type-R, BH5 Wangon Gen3 and 05 SV650 Naked!
Unhappy NOOO my CEL is on help me.

Hey my CHECK ENGINE Light went off today and I think its because of my friend, when I was puting back on my headers he did something to my O2 sensor but I never got a good look at what he did so now my car is acking up.... but the real problem is that at take off my car seems to be slow I dont know if its the trans or if its the O2 sensor? or could it be my trans if im low on trans gear? so now im looking for someone that can help me with a OBDII so I can check whats the problem, if anyone got one and lives around Kalihi area can you come to my house and help a fellow GC8 out please...

8452808 Ryan.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:43 PM

Car Info: 04 XTi.............. Seats down..G's up
go get the cose read. or do what i did and just take out the damn bulb. that thing has bothered me for the last time.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:09 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
ryan call me up i can check it for ya if you like
Old 10-08-2006, 04:12 PM

Unhappy

can anyone help me with an OBD unit?

I have a lost of power and I tryed what **** said with the clutch thing but I dont think its that. so I just want to see whats the Check Engine Light for so I can fix my problem fast. and not waste money on fixing something thats not the problem.

as far as I know when im driving on 1st gear and it feels like your starting off at 2nd gear and its like you have to give more gas to pck up speed.

Last edited by BattleD01; 10-08-2006 at 04:28 PM.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:55 PM

dude **** said he would read it for you or go to checker and they will read it. in any case at the very least it's a good excuse for a motor swap.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:04 PM

Car Info: '05 Impreza Outback Sport ~ "WTF! Two-Toned?"
Red face

Originally Posted by 91sleeper
go get the cose read. or do what i did and just take out the damn bulb. that thing has bothered me for the last time.

We are a small army ~ but I live in 'darkness' now too... life is good.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:24 PM

^^yeah well one is bad enough but 2 is just palin anoying. so out they went and life is good.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:40 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
ryan just come by and i will read your code.

call first b4 you come out tho.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:02 AM

ooh **** its ok I got the reading from Checkers, its my Air Idle Control and speed sensor I got the speed sensor fix I took out the old one and put it in the other trans so now it works good but as for the AIC ill just rest the ecu cause my AIC is still good it just that I kinda took it out when the car was on and yeah... also as for the clutch its still good its not sliping and when I check my rear diff I notice my 2 shaffs was not attach on to the diff so yeah im guessing thats the pick up problem... I hope.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by BattleD01
when I check my rear diff I notice my 2 shaffs was not attach on to the diff so yeah im guessing thats the pick up problem... I hope.
WTF!?!? you mean on your r/c car not you actual car right?!? like you mean the axles weren't attatched to the diff!!??
Old 10-09-2006, 07:34 PM

Red face

Originally Posted by 91sleeper
WTF!?!? you mean on your r/c car not you actual car right?!? like you mean the axles weren't attatched to the diff!!??

yup you heard it right maynn my car was a front wheel drive for alittle while hehe... but that was scary knowing it could pop out and start hitting all over the place.... so yeah it was kind of in the diff but not all the way, so I took it to my working place and my friend pop it right in ^_^" so yeah its all cherry now... my car runs GOOD! smallkind.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:02 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
Originally Posted by BattleD01
ooh **** its ok I got the reading from Checkers, its my Air Idle Control and speed sensor I got the speed sensor fix I took out the old one and put it in the other trans so now it works good but as for the AIC ill just rest the ecu cause my AIC is still good it just that I kinda took it out when the car was on and yeah... also as for the clutch its still good its not sliping and when I check my rear diff I notice my 2 shaffs was not attach on to the diff so yeah im guessing thats the pick up problem... I hope.
It's not the speed sensor it's most likely Idle Air Control Valve which sits on top of the intake manifold right above the throttle body.

your IACV is very dirty and needs to be clean and your gasket for it could be stretched out or ripped.

regarding your axles. make sure that your axles are inside the differential. if you don't have them inside the diff 100% that will cause trouble with your drive train.

If you're the guy with the shifter problem you'll want to resolve that issue as well. most likely your problem for that is because the linkage bolt came out.

Jon
Old 10-10-2006, 11:47 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by iNfEk
It's not the speed sensor it's most likely Idle Air Control Valve which sits on top of the intake manifold right above the throttle body.

your IACV is very dirty and needs to be clean and your gasket for it could be stretched out or ripped.

regarding your axles. make sure that your axles are inside the differential. if you don't have them inside the diff 100% that will cause trouble with your drive train.

If you're the guy with the shifter problem you'll want to resolve that issue as well. most likely your problem for that is because the linkage bolt came out.

Jon

hay man the axles are 100% in now I got it put in at my working place so yeah its all good now, as for my shifter problem as all who was at the meeting that night all you were making fun of my shifter hehe I semi fix it all I was missing was the bushings in the linkage I could only put one on it as for the other one its to hard to take out the bolt I tryedso now my shifter is all good now no where near as my old one hahaha...... atleast it goes back to the middle then all over the place.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:58 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
the only reason why your axles came out the way they did was becasue the axle nut wasn't tight enough. On the WRX I believe it's 180 ft/lbs at each axle nut. If you didn't check it make sure that you have it torqued down enough and make sure that the axle nut is punched down so that it grabs the notched area on the axle so it doesn't loosen and you have the same problem again. You're very lucky that you didn't seriously hurt youself and others around you.

Regarding your IACV make sure that you clean it with CARB cleaner since it has lubricants in it. Make sure that all that black crap is gone and that the piece inside of the IACV can be moved if you push it. It will take some effort to push it but remember it's a pressurized system so you're not supposed to be able to move it to much. The main part of this problem is usually the gasket getting stretched as I've stated before. You can use some silicone gasket maker of a higher temp temporarily so that you can use your car. You'll need to read the directions carefully so that it cures properly and so that it does NOT get into the intake manifold. DO NOT use excess amounts since this WILL be harmful to your car.

Jon