News people suck

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 12:16 PM

Car Info: '04 STi
Be careful peoples, there are a lot of morons out there. In light of what happened early Friday morning, there are still alot of idiots out there doing stupid things. While going home last night, sitting at the second to the last stoplight Kaneohe bound on the Likelike, the car behind me starts revving his motor (possible wing envy?). I am in the slow-lane and a Subaru wagon is in the fast-lane. As soon as the light turns green, we both start to roll out and the car behind me is on my azz. I accelarate to create some space and to see what kind of car it is...it was a gawdang Taurus! He and a white Civic blast by me and the wagon and start blazing up the Likelike. Me the other Subie and the rest of traffic catch up about half way up and the Civic and the Taurus are side-by-side going slow holding up traffic. The Taurus turns on his hazards and takes off again. Dang, the tempatation to slap both of them down was great, but hey, that was not the time or place.
Old 02-15-2004, 12:26 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
Originally posted by BoOm
I got my speeding ticket there even though I was going the same speed as the other cars. I think the cop wanted to tag me with reckless or racing or something stupid and non-related but he hesitated seeing my number 21 on my rear driver side window that night. I haven't gone to the tracks since.
I've had a cop actually let me go. I was comming hard off stop lights in front of Restraunt row. Pulling through first and some of second comming off the gas at about 45. Cop pulled me over and asked me where I was going and I told here I was heading out to drag at the track. She asked that I slow it down and wait until I got to the track to open it up. She wished that more would head to the tracks instead of using Ala Moana
Old 02-15-2004, 12:33 PM

Car Info: '97 Legacy 2.5GT sedan
Re: News people suck

Originally posted by funkdrmr
... the Talon owner had a t-shirt that stated "Street racing is not a crime"
I don't know if it was the same guy, but I saw someone wearing one of those shirts. Talk about absolutely f**king clueless!! Street racing is bad enough all the time, but to wear such a shirt less than 24hrs after 4 people were killed apparently because of street racing seemed absolutely stupid and tasteless to me.

Pat Olsen
'97 Legacy 2.5GT sedan
Old 02-15-2004, 09:19 PM

Car Info: 1991 Toyota MR-2 Turbo
Re: News people suck

Originally posted by funkdrmr
Then, I realized that they got the perfect subject for their story, the Talon owner had a t-shirt that stated "Street racing is not a crime"

Here's what someone in the DSM club thinks 'bout that:

http://dsm808.wired-yet.net/forum/to...?TOPIC_ID=1399
Old 02-15-2004, 10:11 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX Sedan - Silver
Glad to see the DSM club letting him have it. I dunno if he was a bad guy or not, or whether it was just poor judgement. Did anyone see the actual interview & how he was portrayed? I never got to see it.
Old 02-15-2004, 11:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
Originally posted by Ditchhanger
Recon doesn't do anything to solve this problem (as many people seem to think). The other counties (Maui, Hawaii, Kauai) do nopt have recon. They also have longer, more open stretches of roads that are far more dangerous than we have here. Do you hear about fatalities due to street racing over on the other islands?
yup i have a friend who's from kauai and she said every weekend or whatever people would meet up at this one spot just to kick or race.