newcomer to oahu

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 10:42 PM

Car Info: '02 subaru wrx
well, my car will be registered in Tennessee as i am military so that should get me around having to change anything, right? and if not, what is this sticker speak you of?

actually, i think my tint is stock, i was at the dealer the other day and most of the 04+ impreza's tint were darker than mine.

btw, here is my car, allow me to introduce the blubaru:
2002 wrb wrx
short ram
ej253 cams/injectors
sti springs
17" speedlines
pnp' vf 34
pnp'd intake and exhaust manifold
Grimmspeed TGV deletes
(all port and polishing done by grimmspeed)
ACT Streetlite flywheel
ACT xt-ss clutch
3" tbe invidia catted exhaust
dvd player
wingless
smoked stock taillights
painted headlights
larger silicone turbo inlet
aggressive street tune via tactrix by the local dsm/subaru guy.
rear bumper lip w/splitter
zero style front grill
hellatones
smoked cornerlights
12" kenwood sub w/800w amp
jl 6.5' and 6x9's

future goals:
68hta
650cc dw inj.
push start
repainting my rims black
front lip kit
foglamp covers
cobb AP
new innercooler and piping.

what do ya think? the car is a project as are most, and i bought the car from a guy who had done some of this modding and had never tuned it.

this is the newest pic i have as its in the shop for some tweaks.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...9339.638331285

Last edited by wrsexy; 12-09-2010 at 10:48 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:00 AM

Car Info: Stock XA
Originally Posted by YuudaiSTI
Windows Down or windows up?

I've driven through waikiki a bit in my car, I'm nervous as **** usually, but had no trouble.

Although by posting this, I'm screwed now.
You see me around Ewa and kapolei I always roll with my windows up.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:28 AM

ok, well, i wont be there until september, but as time gets closer, i will be making the connections a lil more and arranging a meet with everyone. the big island isnt so big that we all cant meet up. maybe go to buffalo wildwings, or hotters, or whatever is good there, which brings me to my next question, what is good to do there that isnt car related?
Old 12-10-2010, 02:45 AM

Car Info: 57 SM 04 STi, 04 Yamaha R6
We have weekly "meats" every friday at various starbucks around Oahu. There are also a few big cruises that we have couple times a year. Most are charity events to give back to the community on the island, you will find that the community here is pretty tight.

What else is there to do here? Dude, its Hawaii. And if you've never been here before (didn't really read all the posts), you will definitely find something to do.... for at least a month.

And then you'll just sit inside all day and play COD like the rest of us.

Just kidding.

Kinda.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:05 AM

kool, yeah i was in a car club, not comparing you guys to a car club, but, we did a bunch of toys for tot things with a magazine, cant remember the name , maybe something like sick intentions, or psychotic something or nother, but we had a bunch of models, which some of us hooked up with, not me though, oh noes, cuz im married, boo. anywho, sounds kool, but i dont really get into COD, dont even own a ps2, xbox, nothin' i usually spend my time fishing or something outside, that is if im not fiddling with my car or at the strip racing. It will be my first time in hawaii, guess i will have 3 years there thanks to the army.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:58 AM

Car Info: '10 Xt Ltd, '05 X Beater, '01 GS300
Originally Posted by wrsexy
. the big island isnt so big that we all cant meet up. maybe go to buffalo wildwings, or hotters, or whatever is good there, which brings me to my next question, what is good to do there that isnt car related?
Are you coming to Oahu or the Big Island? Everybody that responded in this thread is from Oahu. In any case, there are a bunch of things to do here. We hada Buffalo Wild Wings open last year.......but sure enough, it's in Waikiki. Not to worry though, it's at the beginning of Waikiki and there's no cops in that area really. Hooters......always a classic. Josh, Not sure why we don't ever hold any meets there??? Beaches, Hiking, Camping, Fishing......lot's to do here. As you can tell, a lot of it is outdoors, but that's what makes Hawaii what it is.

***Holy crap, I just now realized that you're not moving here until next September. Wow, you really start your research early!
Old 12-10-2010, 09:46 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by Bran808
Are you coming to Oahu or the Big Island? Everybody that responded in this thread is from Oahu. In any case, there are a bunch of things to do here. We hada Buffalo Wild Wings open last year.......but sure enough, it's in Waikiki. Not to worry though, it's at the beginning of Waikiki and there's no cops in that area really. Hooters......always a classic. Josh, Not sure why we don't ever hold any meets there??? Beaches, Hiking, Camping, Fishing......lot's to do here. As you can tell, a lot of it is outdoors, but that's what makes Hawaii what it is.

***Holy crap, I just now realized that you're not moving here until next September. Wow, you really start your research early!
Sorry I didnt make it to vegas.

I Swear I will get there the same time you are there eventually
Old 12-10-2010, 08:19 PM

Oh, well i thought oahu was the big island. my bad, i guess i got confused. yeah, hooters is pretty accepting here in TN when we had our car meets the girls love the cars, and i love the uh......wings? yeah, i work 12 hour shifts on a police desk, behind a computer all night, so i get bored. plus i needed to see if i would be able to get my car tuned there, or if i should go ahead and mod it as much as possible and tune it before i leave here. But, hey, i'd rather be too early rather than playing catch up when i get there.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:16 PM

Car Info: 2007 wrx
hi. welcome! ^_^ dont think ill be much help, but if you need anything, HOLLA!
Old 12-17-2010, 01:40 PM

Car Info: '10 Xt Ltd, '05 X Beater, '01 GS300
Originally Posted by sigma pi
Sorry I didnt make it to vegas.

I Swear I will get there the same time you are there eventually
Haha, I know right? When we're there, you can't make it. Then when you guys go fro Chris' B-day, we couldn't go. I swear, I should've just went anyways last year. Leila could've handled with the baby on her own right? I'm sure I would catch some heat, but we all would've had a great time though.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:19 PM

Hey guys, I am back. did a xt-ss clutch kit and chromoly streetlite flywheel from ACT install this weekend, went rather smooth now looking back at it. it was rough going, didnt know about the fork pin, and the tranny mount was left loose which caused some issues with engagement, but after all the issues were fixed it was actually a smooth project. I should have done a lil more research prior to the project. But, I love the new clutch. I am still breaking it in, but once it is broken in i will be getting a tune. yay!!!
Old 01-05-2011, 01:27 AM

Car Info: 04 STI
getting it tuned by PDX in march?
Old 01-05-2011, 03:04 AM

STETS: no, i am still in tennessee until august, i just post in here to get the inside scoop on hawaii, where i am coming in august. But, no, my guy in clarksville tn at modified imports is going to tune it.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:42 AM

Car Info: 04 STI
ohhhh yea........sorry forgot! cant wait to see your car!
Old 01-05-2011, 06:49 PM

yeah, i wish i could post pics in here, but i cant, maybe oneday though.

Quick Reply: newcomer to oahu