New Owner Soon

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 11:01 AM

Car Info: 09 Subaru WRX
they have some good stuff out there, but due to my ignorance when it comes to SUBARU, i dont know which route to take or where to begin modding my car. I will get there soon tho. A bit more research and I'll be golden.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:07 PM

My WRX, finally found a picture!

This is my Old car when I recently bought it

This is my car when i Sold it

I miss it but i dont regret the Change!

Last edited by maniacmanny; 01-27-2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:55 PM

Car Info: '07 Toyota Matrix XR
hahah let me convert your tail lights to be red!! :P

click the link to see some work of mines.
https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-classifieds-97/tail-head-light-restoration-custom-jobs-227234/
Old 01-27-2011, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by xngmao
hahah let me convert your tail lights to be red!! :P

click the link to see some work of mines.
https://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227234
this is going to sound kinda stupid, but let me get on Forza 3 and see the theme i got planned for my car and see how that will fit in with it. thats the main thing i love about that game, i can design paint jobs and decals. lol
Old 01-27-2011, 08:14 PM

Car Info: '10 Xt Ltd, '05 X Beater, '01 GS300
Originally Posted by maniacmanny
they have some good stuff out there, but due to my ignorance when it comes to SUBARU, i dont know which route to take or where to begin modding my car. I will get there soon tho. A bit more research and I'll be golden.
As far as modding your car, do what makes you happy and will get you towards your goal. What is it about your car that you would like to change? Does it not take turns as sharp as you'd like, does the wheel gap bother you, does it lack enough power for you?

For me, and this is just my opinion. Being that the car is still under warranty, I would personally stay away from too many engine mods. Plus power wise, I'm pretty sure your WRX would whoop up on your S2k, unless it was heavily modded. Best bang for buck would probably be a rear sway bar, then springs/struts or coilovers would close up the dreaded wheel gap and firm up the ride. Anybody who knows me would tell you that wheels would actually be 1st on the list, but honestly you can't do aftermarket wheels with stock suspension.....you just can't. Plus I kind of like the stock WRX wheels

Like the guys mentioned previously, TiC rules. We bought our Whiteline rear sway bar for the wife's '10 Xt from them. Fast free shipping, and great communication!
Old 01-27-2011, 08:19 PM

Well the s2k was a bit faster since i had a Hybryd f20/f22 engine and i had a 65 shot of nos. But im in love with everything about my WRX. My main thing now is making it look nice. But engine mods will also come into play.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:29 PM

Car Info: '07 Toyota Matrix XR
this is going to sound kinda stupid, but let me get on Forza 3 and see the theme i got planned for my car and see how that will fit in with it. thats the main thing i love about that game, i can design paint jobs and decals. lol
hahaha no problem. its kinda like photoshop on a gaming system. hahah no worries just let me know
Old 01-27-2011, 09:37 PM

Well the s2k was a bit faster since i had a Hybryd f20/f22 engine and i had a 65 shot of nos. But im in love with everything about my WRX. My main thing now is making it look nice. But engine mods will also come into play.
If that WRX was mine here's what I'd do:

Coilovers first, then a roll and a pull.
Something along the lines of 18x9.5's or 18x10's
and then anything else after that is just gravy. Haha, but like I said, the guys locally will tell you that I've got an issue with shoes. To me, wheels and stance makes a car. But then again, I'm not big into performance either. That's just my deal. That's why it really matters on what is most important to you.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:40 PM

coilovers and rims does make a car look SEXY!
Old 01-27-2011, 09:42 PM

oh Brandon, is that your name? anyways i did my taxes and after paying for everything im getting back 6,500. So once i buy my wife her car the left over money is mine. so we should be able to work out a deal with the coilovers if u still have them
Old 01-27-2011, 11:01 PM

oh Brandon, is that your name? anyways i did my taxes and after paying for everything im getting back 6,500. So once i buy my wife her car the left over money is mine. so we should be able to work out a deal with the coilovers if u still have them
Yup Brandon, that's me. Hit me up once you guys get squared away. I would need a little notice since the coilovers are still on the wife's car, but shouldn't be a huge deal. I'm sure we could plan something pretty easy. I think I pm'd you my cell, so just keep me posted. If not, when you guys get in, I'm sure I'll meet you at one of the meats.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bran808
Yup Brandon, that's me. Hit me up once you guys get squared away. I would need a little notice since the coilovers are still on the wife's car, but shouldn't be a huge deal. I'm sure we could plan something pretty easy. I think I pm'd you my cell, so just keep me posted. If not, when you guys get in, I'm sure I'll meet you at one of the meats.
yah i got it, ill let u know and give you a heads-up, maybe ill even help you with them myself. member im new to subies, i can use all the experience and knowledge as i can get
Old 01-28-2011, 12:00 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
Originally Posted by Bran808
If that WRX was mine here's what I'd do:

Coilovers first, then a roll and a pull.
Something along the lines of 18x9.5's or 18x10's
and then anything else after that is just gravy. Haha, but like I said, the guys locally will tell you that I've got an issue with shoes. To me, wheels and stance makes a car. But then again, I'm not big into performance either. That's just my deal. That's why it really matters on what is most important to you.

BRANDON=

Just saying..
Old 01-28-2011, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by dub81
brandon=

just saying..
lmfao!
Old 01-28-2011, 12:05 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
yah i got it, ill let u know and give you a heads-up, maybe ill even help you with them myself. member im new to subies, i can use all the experience and knowledge as i can get
For technicals: The Haven is @ NASIOC but be careful. At times, you need to be wearing your flame suit. NASioc was the spawn of iclub and Alex the Russian Czar is the man ..

For entertainment purposes: iclub and its subchapters are where its at. For starters :

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...ighlight=asian

BTW, nice S!

Quick Reply: New Owner Soon