Neighbors from Hell

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 02:36 AM

Car Info: 06 2.5i WGN & 06 WRX WGN
Angry Neighbors from Hell

Hey to everybody who knows me, I know I have not been to a meet in a while, but there is a lot of great people on this board who are damn helpful so here it goes

My neighbors are driving Erica (my fiancee) and I insane. They have been harrassing us in various ways for close to a year now. It's a complicated situation but needless to say i no longer feel comfortale in my own home. They don't belong here in Hawaii, while i am a white guy, the are truely Haolie, outsiders from pennsylvania who came over to "teach", smoke pot, drink, party, and generaly be as rude and obnoxious with in the law and often illegaly, but we can't get proof. We have exausted all our resources and i am ready to give up. We have called the police for the weed, and the late night parties, only to have them drive past the house. we have talked to neighbors, some of who side with the partiers, one of which IS a cop. nothing, the cop was over there tonight drinking with them and he told us that we were being rude when we finaly went outside to ask them to bee quiet. we have talked to the owners of the house who do not want to get involved and side with there renters, the management company they use has requested a letter from us, but again is useless. worst of all I have to see Erica cry almost daily afer having to put up with them. It is crushing to see her breaking down and not be able to help.

I need your help, advice, know somebody, lawyers, police (please police!), etc. please let me know. We are trying to save for a place of our own, so that we do not have to deal with this anymore, but untill then i need to do something. anyone wanna give me a home loan? (we live in Erica's parents place till they move back)

I feel like I am being crazy, but i know that i have done nothing wrong, i suppose they dont like us for spoiling their party?

It's gone too far and it's affecting my personal life as well as my my work, i work late and i have trouble staying focused when I am not getting rest night.

I'm not trying to talk stink about anyone I just need to end this problem.

Thanks guys.
-Dave
Old 02-12-2007, 03:18 AM

Car Info: 04 XTi.............. Seats down..G's up
there is a noise ordinaence. i don't know the exact law but i will ask my brother tomorow. there is a certain time of day and volume that a person can be and if they are being loud enough for you to hear and it's late then you need to call the police and file a report. don't just tell them oh our neighbors are being loud again, tell them you would like to make a report and would like an officer to go quiet them down. also if there is a homeowners association you can call them and have them sited by the association. i believe depending on the infraction the homeowner will be fined and then i'm sure something will be done about it. not sure what other choices you have asside from that. give me a call sometime tomorow in the afternoon and we'll talk. GL man. btw, come pickup the rest of your stuff when you can cuz i'm moving and if you don't it's going in the trash. thanks
Old 02-12-2007, 03:40 AM

Thumbs up

Thanks Justin, Yeah i'll help you with that junk this weekend if your around, still need to get an inspection on the legacy, **** i have not had time for anything! thanks man.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:33 AM

Car Info: 1991 Toyota MR-2 Turbo
It's not clear from your post but did you write that letter to the management company? You might want to consider writing a letter to both the police, homeowner's association(if there is one) and management company. In your letter try to be factual and emotionless (don't write about your fiance crying etc.). List dates and times of disturbances, when you called the police, what actions they took if any. If you talked to an officer get their name/badge number and what they said etc. Make sure your letter is polite and don't blame or accuse anyone, just state the facts. Keep copies of all correspondences.

Writing letters are good because it is harder for them to blow you off. By keeping copies you also have evidence of actions you took to resolve the problem. Letters to the police don't go to the beat officers who've been driving by and not quieting them down. It goes to someone above that who will ask what actions were taken. The copies of your letter will also be important proof if this thing doesn't get better and you need to step it up. At that point you might want to condsider sending another letter to your representative along with the copies of letters and ask why action is not being taken. Good luck.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:42 AM

Car Info: 09 xt
dave,

If you live in a condo or townhouse, there ARE noise rules. I know where i live 10 o'clock is the time when you can call police to ask them to quiet down. I have been where you have my friend. My neighbors sons were the exact same way with the partying, noise, and general rudeness and utter disregard for anyone else. They also used to sell drugs out of their townhouse too. It was like the doors where slamming 20-30 times an hour! What you need to do is document all the incidences, and report them to the proper people. I'm sure the weed smoking and late night partying with the noise has got you a case. I'm not ******* on haoles, but where i live, the obnoxious ones get pounded out smooth, like a nail. There are plenty where i live, mostly cool ones though. I wish you luck in the future, since i'm talking from experience.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:09 AM

Car Info: 2002 Silver WRX
Well from experience when I get sent to a noise complaint, I always make an attempt to rectify the situation so I don't get sent there again. Although it's a little subjective, a "reasonable time" is usually anything past 2200 hours on a weekday, a little later on weekends.

If you call 9-11, use a land line (or leave your cell phone # with the Dispatcher) and ask to meet up with the Officer prior to him servicing your call so you can explain the situation to him. Tell him it's an on going problem and see if he/she can not only take care of the problem for that day, but also monitor the problem whenever he/she has time. Hope this helps.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:10 AM

We have not sent the lettter to the management company yet, but the advice you gave seems right on. thanks.

We live in a freestanding house in old ewa beach, so no HoA or board. Not enough good kine locals to give them their daily serving of beef the want so bad.

We have been recording dates and times, along with actions taken, along with dates of the drug use and lic. plates of the cars over at their house.

I don't wanna get 'red flaged' for calling the cops on them a bunch, I think wanting to talk to an officer will be a good solution, i know police here have a lot to deal with but, I want to have them help me deal with the problem before Erica runs over and goes Tony Montana on them. (ha ha)

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately on the other car boards I'm on the told me to go kick their asses... I am borrowing a vid cam with night vision just so the next time they are hitting golf ***** at 11:45 at night, or looking into our house at night we have proof.

Let me know if any one wants to form a possy and run em outta town. chee hoo. j/k

Thanks again for the advice.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:34 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
Are there a bunch of cats where you live??? If so go get a bunch of cheap fish and start dumping it in their yard..I don;t mind cats and them fighting don't bother me but man it sure bothers the **** out of some people... No really the best thing to do is keep track of the things going on over at the house and try to be "the better person" no matter how hard it might be. When we lived in Hawaii I had some neighbors that cared only about themselves and trust me I let them have it I bought a Suzuki TL100R if you don;t know what they are they are REALLYYYYY LOUUUUDDD espically with exhaust so I would park it on my back porch and when they would come out back to hang out I would go outside and start it up and rev it and they would make some smart remarks and go back inside or I would let me American bulldog beat the **** out of their Golden retard...
Old 02-13-2007, 11:28 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by silver satin
Are there a bunch of cats where you live??? If so go get a bunch of cheap fish and start dumping it in their yard..I don;t mind cats and them fighting don't bother me but man it sure bothers the **** out of some people... No really the best thing to do is keep track of the things going on over at the house and try to be "the better person" no matter how hard it might be. When we lived in Hawaii I had some neighbors that cared only about themselves and trust me I let them have it I bought a Suzuki TL100R if you don;t know what they are they are REALLYYYYY LOUUUUDDD espically with exhaust so I would park it on my back porch and when they would come out back to hang out I would go outside and start it up and rev it and they would make some smart remarks and go back inside or I would let me American bulldog beat the **** out of their Golden retard...
Jeremiah FTMFW!

Yeah I remember hearing that every person has the right to do whatever they want, that is legal, in their home UNLESS it negatively affects the living situations of their neighbors.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:46 PM

Car Info: 06 F4I & 04 G35 CHEHOOO
whats their address?
Old 02-13-2007, 11:18 PM

Car Info: 04 Toyota Tacoma
I didn't read the whole post but if a cop ever gives you a hard time and doesn't do his job, ask for his PRIA card (public relations/internal affairs card) and he HAS to give it to you. Make sure to get his badge number and you can make a formal complaint on that.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:21 AM
Troll

Car Info: 04 STI--- 435awhp@Pump Gas **520awhp @ C16 Vp
Talking

Originally Posted by silver satin

Jeremiah;

Thats fk'nnnnn awesome!!!!!
Old 02-15-2007, 08:37 PM

Exclamation

This is posted up on the mazda6 forums, so to save me from typing here we go:
Oh btw im cynt or Dave

Cynt-
There are police at my house right now, appaently they filed a harassment clame against erica. It will not hold up but if theres anyone that can swing by my house till i get home i'd be very thankful, don't do anything i just don't want her to be totaly alone, neighbor should be coming over. Mind that H1 is ****ed right now due to a overturned gravel truck.

This is the last straw, i was pissed before. now i will destroy their lives.

Call me: 348 1196

Nother thread about or meet this weekend on the 17th

Bigbaddad-
Okay guyz, the meet will happen at Daves house. If you've been following the thread about his druggie neighbors, he needs our help, and strong arm.
Lets help our good friend out. I love this white boy like a brother, and I'm Japanese!!!
Erica is a mess, and lets not forget how they welcomed us bums to there house with open an heart.
I gotta work that day, but I think if needed.....I'll try my *** off to stop on by.
Dave's the one that got mazda6club.com/hawaii really rollin' on the islands.......it's time for us to give it up, local boy style!

Stand together.
---Katsu

Cynt-
Meet is moving to my house, i want to have a quiet respectfull showing standing up in unapproval of teachers of hawaii using drugs. I want to stand up for the rights of people who lead good lives, who do not prey on the unhappyness of their neighbors. mostly i want to show our neighbors that i will not be abused.

I want to ignore them totaly. if you come you must do so as well, can some one post this up on Mspec for me? a breif rundoun of whats going on.

we can potluck it, just this time someboddy bring plates, **** i'll get them and i just will not cook all the chicken, least not as much...

**** start a new post, i'm too ****ing pissed to type anymore.

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE GO ANYWHERE NEAR MY NEIGHBORS OR SAY ANYTHING TO THEM!!!!

__________________________________________________ _________

I'm mad as ****, i think it's time hawaii stood up to teachers who use, if anyone should not, it's teachers! I don't want to accuse them directly, i want them to seem like they are not even there, I have not harrased them my fiance erica has not harassed them.

It's bull****.

Stand up.

OK, choke grinds, potluck, all cars welcome !!!!

Dave & Erica's
91-583 Pupu St.
Ewa Beach, HI 96706
3:00 till well lets be quiet at 10:00 OK!

Call me if you need directions or check out the http://www.Mazda6club.com forums hawaii site.

Just a reminder under no circumstances do i want to give them any reason to pull anything on us again so be respectful, maybe they will pick up on it.

If it gets too big we will move it to a Ewa Beach Beach Park, or Nimitz Beach. I'll kep everyone up to date.

Last edited by Cynt; 02-15-2007 at 09:00 PM.