Need Help!!! About APEXi Products...

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 03:24 PM

Car Info: '04 STi
Need Help!!! About APEXi Products...

APEXi S-AFC II

APEXi AVC-R Boost Controller

APEXi Rev/Speed Meter GP

should i install this stuff in my car or not? of course before i install these electronics, i'll be installing some performance parts before this.

AEM Cold Air
Helix Downpipe
JIC Full-Ti Bullet Exhaust
JIC FLT-A2s

i just wanted to know if i'll get any advantage for installing the 3 electronics with the small performance setup i will have. any input on the 3 electronics would be great help.

*note*
i HAVE read the reviews, but i just wanted some real opinions from you guys. plus i wanted to know if anyone knew how to install and setup some of the ECU stuff. like the boost controller?
Old 08-08-2005, 03:29 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
dude if i were you- i wouldn't install anything electronic that will affect the "performance" aspect of yur car..... if you do you are pretty much setting yourself up for headache if you ever need to claim some type of warranty work....
if you are willing to accept that.... go for it! you know how i feel about JIC....

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 08-08-2005, 04:22 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
so I'm assuming from this posting that you're keeping your car right?

consider what greg said.

but I wouldn't install any of the Apexi products in the first section of your post since the AFC won't help you and the AVC-R is VERY HARD TO USE and you don't need the Rev/Speed meter since you have a Tach and speedometer that came stock on your car

AEM CAI is debatable from many angles but the other things... i SAY GO FOR IT!!!!

Jon
Old 08-08-2005, 05:39 PM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
i agree with both jon and greg. the avc-r is very difficult to use and understand. IMHO if you want an ebc, go with the blitz sbc-id. it's very simple to use and works perfectly. as for the CAI, i have heard some good, but mostly bad things about it. i'm not saying don't do it, just maybe try a drop in first so you have something to compare it to. the helix DP is a good $/hp mod and haven't really heard anything about the jic stuff. hope that helps.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:04 PM

Car Info: JBP 04' WRX
MY 2c...

APEXi S-AFC II -NO ...how would you tune it w/out a awd dyno?

APEXi AVC-R Boost Controller -maybe

APEXi Rev/Speed Meter GP -NO ...like Jon said you already have a tach/speedometer. and besides wouldnt the mph would be in kph. lol

i say maybe to the apexi EBC b/c i dont know you and i dont know your knowledge about setting boost levels, target boost for each gear, etc (these piggybacks or not for novice).....i actually have both avc-r and s-afc II...i dont use the s-afc b/c theres no awd dyno here and i dont want to try and street tune it (i initially bought it for my civic and decided to put it in my wrx just for the bling.lol)...as for the avc-r, i like it and find it kind of easy to use and set up...although most guys would recommend you use the blitz ebc. just remember its your car and do what YOU want.

if you would like to meet up sometime and check it out for yourself just post up or PM me

hope this helps
-ROB
Old 08-08-2005, 08:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Aren't there other electronic routes to go such as Accessport and UTEC?

I think those would be better.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:14 AM

Car Info: '04 STi
i was jw cause i got a realli realli good deal for those 3 electronics... so yea... i heard the AVC is hard to use, so that's why i was hopin someone here would be able to help me out. the rev/speed would be just for my amusement to see my 1/4 mile reading. and the AFCII i heard would be useful especially if i had a cold air.... but yea... thanks for the input guys.