Need to bring my car in for warranty work ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 11:45 AM

Car Info: 08 Nissan Titan, 12 MazdaSpeed 3, 15 Honda CRV
Need to bring my car in for warranty work ASAP

Any info on what I should know about warranty work and any hassles they may give me?? And which dealer should I go to (Waipahu or other), or anyone know who I should see personally (an I-club member who works there if any???) to make this a pleasant visit??

My car is throwing a P0303 code which is a Misfire in cylinder 3,...Could be a bad coil or coil pack,..not sure,..may explain why my car has such a bad shudder/idle for a while and Ive only 7k miles on it,...Thought it was just the boxer engine idle,...

I have a TBE,..well almost with a Helix Up, Stromung Shorty dp, and Stromung catback so I still got the 3rd cat,..so if anyone can give any helpful tips if the dealer will give me any trouble cause of the exhaust with fixing my car, I would gladly appreciate it...

Laterz
Kevin
Old 11-27-2005, 12:22 PM

Might be a good idea to check the simple stuff first. Try checking for boost leaks and change the #3 spark plug. If that doesn't work, I can loan you a coil pack to try. Best to get the simple stuff out of the way before you try to deal with the hassle of warranty work.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:29 PM

Pretty sure it isnt any boost leaks as I have no problems getting into boost or any driveability problems,..The CEL just comes on,..

Hopefully it will be an easy fix like the coil wire wire, pack, plug or maybe a stuck fuel injector or something,..Taking it into dealer to fix as my gf got some connections at Subaru due to her work,....she knows some people,..

I was just worried about the downtime, my car in someone else's hands, and warranty conflicts w/dealer,...

Hope its an easy fix,..
thanks though Boloheadrat,...much appreciated,...

Kevin
Old 11-27-2005, 10:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Better take off all those mods before you bring it in...that's about all I know.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:05 PM

Car Info: 2009 Nissan 370Z
Originally Posted by bpang1
Better take off all those mods before you bring it in...that's about all I know.
Definitly do that.. i was throwin a p0301 code, and took it into 5 star... they wouldn't even try to diag the problem.. all they told me was my tbe was throwin off everything. Told me to turn it back to stock and then they'll work with me
Old 11-28-2005, 09:37 AM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
You don't have to take all your mods off...I doubt what you have done to your car is causing the CEL. They have to be able to prove that one of the mods you made is causing the problem before they can deny warrenty work and they probably can't. 5 Star turned you away because they know your not gonna stand there and argue with them because your limited on places to take your car for warrenty work it's sad that they are such fawking azzholes that you have to deal with BS like this.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:32 PM

UPDATE:
Well,..I dont know if its just good luck,..

But I drove and got to Pfleuger Waipahu at around 715am this morn without appointment and was the first in line for my P0303 code (misfiring cylinder 3) in the service department,..

I called at 1130am to check up on it and they said they were getting a fuel injector from town and going to be ready by afternoon,..It was a bad FI similiar to problems and correction a guy in mainland had like I did on my car,..

All in all,..dropped off car at 715am, car was ready at 130pm and picked up car at 2pm,..

Good experience there,.but while I waited for my ride this morning, I was surprised at the $5k markups on the 06's for no other options added,..Like the 06 Legacy Limited with leather and sunroof MSRP for $28k selling for $32,...luckily I got mine at the April/may when I knew the 06s were coming with no changes except for navigation,....

Thanks to all that responded and helped me out on my mini-crisis,..

Last edited by abakja1; 11-28-2005 at 10:53 PM.