near accident!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 11:55 PM

Car Info: 08 STi
Angry near accident!

I was driving back to town, near the university off ramp. I was driving in the center lane. There was some congestion and this car was tailgating me. It then tried to pass traffic by going into the fast lane, which also was congested not too far ahead. Traffic was going about 50mph.

THEN, when it got right next to me, it decided to cut into my lane. I was like OMFG and quickly tried to dodge it. I ended swirving half way into the right lane then back into the center lane. I was like WTF, and honked/flashed at it couple times. I drove right next to it and saw the driver was an old man that looked like he had one foot in the coffin, pretending to ignore me.

The scary part was the way I reacted. I get the chills if there had been a car in the right lane when I dodged him. At that moment, it was too late to brake in a straight line to avoid it. I'm just glad I got away with it. Was my natural reaction the right thing to do? Let this be a lesson for me.

Either way, I think we need to set it so elderly ppl can't drive if they cannot pass the written and road test. And they need to take it every year. It's actually the second time this year, some old person tried to drive me off the road...
Old 08-30-2006, 12:15 AM

Car Info: 04 XTi.............. Seats down..G's up
^^i second a road test for seniors. 90% of them should only be allowed to drive those motorized shooping carts at foodland! old people suck!!
Old 08-30-2006, 12:40 AM

Car Info: car
good to know ur okay, i too had a reaction like that. it has happened to many times where i wouldnt check the other lane and just swirve to avoid collision. good thing no one was ever there. now im used to checking first but, the problem is, it may be too late when i finally react. the best way is to be aware of your surroundings at all times...
Old 08-30-2006, 11:49 AM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
University off ramp is a traffic black spot. I heard someone really slam on the brakes. I avoid that place at all cost but I had one of those mental lapse this morning. That's why I was there.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:26 PM

Car Info: 02 wrx sedan light mod
old people, street racers.... who's next maybe we should just start walking...ever think that sometimes sh*t happens
Old 08-30-2006, 06:08 PM

Car Info: 04 JBP STi
Yeah, and ppl running red lights every third light I stop at. I don't mean their trunk is crossing the far side of the intersection when the light turns green; I mean people who start to turn/cross the intersection when their light turns red. It's F@@&ing dangerous, and it boils my blood.

As for old people, I have 113 dB Hella Supertones. I use them as often as necessary.

If I had room, I'd use these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OJo_FTjysU
Old 08-31-2006, 01:58 AM

Car Info: 06 F4I & 04 G35 CHEHOOO
be safe
Old 08-31-2006, 11:19 PM
Troll

Car Info: 04 STI--- 435awhp@Pump Gas **520awhp @ C16 Vp
Originally Posted by knate1967
old people, street racers.... who's next maybe we should just start walking...ever think that sometimes sh*t happens

Just like I said, few months, ago, By closing the tracks, will create more problems / issues in the streets of Oahu... Street racers, puting innocent lives at risk, etc, etc, etc,,,

Ypu are right about that, **** really happens, If its for you, its gonn get you some how,,,
Old 09-03-2006, 12:42 AM

Car Info: 2002 silver rex
Yup we all gotta b aware wen u see 1 eradik driver always stay back unless you can go alldaway past especially if dat eradik driver is in one SEMI. My lesson from driving in AZ.