National Guard help.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 11:26 PM

Car Info: 04 STI
Originally Posted by dysfunctnl doll
Wow, are you finally going to grow up? Haha...you know I'm kidding, lol...
haha are you talking to me?

AND DAMN i just wanted opinions not a whole scrap with each other. we all do the same thing. defend the country.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:01 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
Originally Posted by stets
haha are you talking to me?

AND DAMN i just wanted opinions not a whole scrap with each other. we all do the same thing. defend the country.
no scrap....truth be told the US services love trashing each other but in the end we will defend one another against you civilian pukes
Old 07-13-2010, 01:28 AM

Car Info: 1989 Honda Civic, 11ʻ R1 & 09ʻ GSXR600
Marines Corps FTW!

Originally Posted by Guillermo
I recommend the Army. It's easier/faster to move up in rank.
This is the reason I joined the Marines. In the Marines we take more pride in benig called a Marine.
I love challenges so I joined, The Marine Corps. In the Marines Rank is Earned and not given. Challenge yourself.

Infantry isn't everything. Marines or Soldier your purpose is to be a Rifleman!
Pick a MOS you are going to Enjoy.
Good Luck.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:08 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by 4080wrx
no scrap....truth be told the US services love trashing each other but in the end we will defend one another against you civilian pukes
Truer words have never been spoken. Trashing rival services is a time honored tradition. My dad was a Corpsmen in Vietnam and I went to the Army Navy game with him this year. What a miserable ride home that was.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:16 AM

Car Info: 2015 CWP STI
My story was I listened to the wrong father and joined the Army first, right after high school. He was a retired DS and I was in it to impress his daughter and got out when we broke up. I then listened to my father who back then said to join the Air Force. I'm in and I'm happy with what I do as a civilian and militarily: Keep the planes flying to complete missions and help carry my brothers in arms wherever they need to be, at the same time, go home to my family on time. We got a good union, btw.

Last edited by joejoe69; 07-13-2010 at 03:20 AM.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:31 AM
VIP Member

DONT JOIN THE GUARD OR THE RESERVES. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS. I AM ASHAMED TO BE IN THE ARMY WHEN I SEE THIS CRAP.

Name:  1904_25_07_09_5_42_51.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  77.4 KB
Old 07-13-2010, 05:20 AM

Car Info: 04 STi
ahahaha that's a unit out of Washington. That guy is mad fat! We had a guy attached to our unit on Iraq with the same patch.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:06 AM

Car Info: 05 subaru wrx sti
Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
I am the Infantry I am my country's strength in war,her deterrant in peace.I am the heart of the fight.......I yeild not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superiour odds.For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight.I forsake not my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless I am always there, now and forever I am the Infantry Follow me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDF5HjEJnKo

If you deploy and see real war fighters leave the wire and you are not one of them you will forever regret it. I have respect for all those that put on the uniform but the bond forged by combat is one duplicated no where else. It's something words cannot describe and it will change you forever.
well put, I am in the infantry as well and there is nothing like it. There is something special about it that sets us apart from the others in the army...
Old 07-13-2010, 06:19 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by flojo
well put, I am in the infantry as well and there is nothing like it. There is something special about it that sets us apart from the others in the army...
Yup, not just army though, 03s as well. I'll fight alongside anyone but grunts operate on the same page.

To summarize, you really need to ask yourself what you're interested in. From the time I was 5 years old I want to be an infantrymen. It was all I thought about. I went to Normandy when I was 16, I had a bad *** gun collection, and I was constantly camping. It was an easy choice for me.

If you're interested in electronics, mechanics, avionics, etc... seriously consider it. It will give you a skill for when you get out if you choose to. I ended up getting a commission after being in and made a career of it. I'm in today. As someone before mentioned, everyone is trained as rifleman. While this is true its also a bit of an exaggeration. Everyone can shoot a rifle and throw a hand grenade but being a warfighter is more than just that, especially as a leader.

I will say this. Seriously evaluate (realistically) your pain threshold and how o.k. you are with being uncomfortable. Infantryman typically live lives of discomfort.

What do you want to do? What are your goals in life and how old are you?
Old 07-13-2010, 09:59 AM

Car Info: 06 STi
looks like we got a lot of military members...

so what...I-club Range day @ kokohead. schofield or puuloa?
Old 07-13-2010, 09:59 AM

Car Info: 07STI
If I could have done it all over again I would have gone airguard finish college then get commissioned and pick a mos like jess said that will help in the civilian sector incase you don't stay and do the 20years but most important of all pick a job you will enjoy. I love my blue cord but it is what it is. OCS here I come
Old 07-13-2010, 10:45 AM

Car Info: 2015 CWP STI
DONT JOIN THE GUARD OR THE RESERVES. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS. I AM ASHAMED TO BE IN THE ARMY WHEN I SEE THIS CRAP.

There are much guys like that in other branches throughout, whether Guard, Reserves, or AD. I know how you feel Jess...

But the bottom pic guy is the biggest I've seen EVER, lol.

Last edited by joejoe69; 07-13-2010 at 03:39 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:30 PM

Car Info: 03 wrx [enter name here]

Yes i know that top picture...he is someone from Missouri National Guard. I was attatched to their unit in camp bucca iraq. I was their Pharmacy Technician that ran the clinic. he was pissed about the photo and ended up finding out the guy who took the picture originally...i think i actually won a case against him for defimation of character....or something iono haha but yes you will find that in all branches and all services i.e. (reserve, active, and national guard)
Old 07-13-2010, 03:40 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 03wrx46
Yes i know that top picture...he is someone from Missouri National Guard. I was attatched to their unit in camp bucca iraq. I was their Pharmacy Technician that ran the clinic. he was pissed about the photo and ended up finding out the guy who took the picture originally...i think i actually won a case against him for defimation of character....or something iono haha but yes you will find that in all branches and all services i.e. (reserve, active, and national guard)

he won a law suit for defimation of character??

we have standards in the Army and guess what? one of them is to maintain physically fit. the Army should have sued him for defimation of a SOLDIER. I really hope his chain of command chapter that guy out. if not he will continue to be like this and draw a paycheck from the US government. which in my opinion he is stealing money from the government.

and for the sake of arguement because I know someone will say maybe he has an underlying health issue like a thyroid problem. I call BS, the Army will compensate for that and give him an extra few percentages of body fat to compensate for the problem. i.e. if he is allotted 22% body fat for his height and age they will give him an extra 3% because of his thyroid problem.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:07 PM

Car Info: 07STI
lmao thats a big *****! i vote for chapter!

Quick Reply: National Guard help.