My New car

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 06:54 PM

Car Info: JBP 04' WRX
so thats the wing....

overall looks really nice!
Old 04-20-2005, 06:55 PM

Car Info: 05 CGM RS
wow ive seen howlers white one but it sure looks hot in black....
Old 04-20-2005, 07:51 PM

thats a one hot damn car...... like it.... =) u should take more pix with the inside and out....

Aaron
Old 04-20-2005, 09:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Mr Hammer, you suck. I don't think I've envied anyone this much for quite a long time.

SWEEEEET ride!
Old 04-20-2005, 09:37 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
pat you should have seen that bugger at the car show.. it really took stage... even over that WRX STi and the star wars wrx wagon....
hammer- more pics?

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 04-20-2005, 09:59 PM

Car Info: 2005 Legacy GT Lmt
I chose the Light Side and u went the Dark Side!!

Last edited by Howler; 04-20-2005 at 10:05 PM.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:35 PM
VIP Member

I just didn't realize that it was available in the US.

Where the fork have I been?
Old 04-21-2005, 07:16 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1996 STI V3 Type RA
What do you mean you didn't know it was available? There are a few parts added on it, and it is a nice car. It is still just a Legacy GT.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:53 AM
VIP Member

Well, what does 'a few parts' mean? If it's Brembos, STi suspension, a vf39, larger injectors and pump, and a 6mt, I'd say that isn't JUST a LGT.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:13 AM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
It has a sweet Blitz exhaust and a Perrin intake, cool wheels & tires but the rest is stock. Hey that Blitz exhaust looks good on it...It might have something else but thats what I noticed.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:54 AM
VIP Member

Right pat, if it had everything you listed it would definitley be in the Legacy STi range. This isn't even close. Thanks Jeremiah for listing the parts. Is the dealer still honoring the warrenty of the car with that stuff on it? That inlet hose is a downgrade, but I bet the exhaust is nice. I'm not trying to bash this car at all. I think it look nice, and I hope the new owner is happy because that is all that really matters.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:24 AM

Car Info: Vakamon WRX
Originally Posted by keirnna
Right pat, if it had everything you listed it would definitley be in the Legacy STi range. This isn't even close. Thanks Jeremiah for listing the parts. Is the dealer still honoring the warrenty of the car with that stuff on it? That inlet hose is a downgrade, but I bet the exhaust is nice. I'm not trying to bash this car at all. I think it look nice, and I hope the new owner is happy because that is all that really matters.
huh? The inlet hose a downgrade? Please share the detail. I have one of these. Are they defective?
Old 04-21-2005, 09:34 AM

Hammer, sick looking ride!
Old 04-21-2005, 09:55 AM
VIP Member

I had a Perrin tubro inlet hose, it caused 3 months of grief after my upgrade. It turns out after months and months of troubleshooting the Perrin hose, all of them to some extent are sucked in by the compressor wheel when it creates a slight vaccum pressure. Mine was sucking in so much that I would hit peak boost and then drop down to 7 PSI, or about .5 bar. It could not hold the intake pressure. The stock hose is hard, and will not collapse. So I had to tear my intake manifold off the car, and replace my tubo inlet hose with the stock one. I guess the FP Green uses a larger than stock wheel, so if you want to stay with your stock hose you are SOL. David from APS said that there is no restriction that make a HP or Torque difference up to about 400 WHP which higher than than you would most likely go to a rotated mount turbo anyway which should come with a new harder hose.

In Corky Bell's Turbocharger book he talks about ensuring your turbo inlet hose us sufficiently sturdy so it won't colapse. I think it takes a large turbo to colapse it, because no one I know with a stock one has had problems. Chris I know you are far from stock, but if you haven't had problems I guess don't worry about it. I talked to a guy back in Okinawa that used some Samco hoses I think and his turbo actually sucked the hose through comressor wheel and destroyed his turbo and damaged his engine.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by keirnna
I had a Perrin tubro inlet hose, it caused 3 months of grief after my upgrade. It turns out after months and months of troubleshooting the Perrin hose, all of them to some extent are sucked in by the compressor wheel when it creates a slight vaccum pressure. Mine was sucking in so much that I would hit peak boost and then drop down to 7 PSI, or about .5 bar. It could not hold the intake pressure. The stock hose is hard, and will not collapse. So I had to tear my intake manifold off the car, and replace my tubo inlet hose with the stock one. I guess the FP Green uses a larger than stock wheel, so if you want to stay with your stock hose you are SOL. David from APS said that there is no restriction that make a HP or Torque difference up to about 400 WHP which higher than than you would most likely go to a rotated mount turbo anyway which should come with a new harder hose.

In Corky Bell's Turbocharger book he talks about ensuring your turbo inlet hose us sufficiently sturdy so it won't colapse. I think it takes a large turbo to colapse it, because no one I know with a stock one has had problems. Chris I know you are far from stock, but if you haven't had problems I guess don't worry about it. I talked to a guy back in Okinawa that used some Samco hoses I think and his turbo actually sucked the hose through comressor wheel and destroyed his turbo and damaged his engine.
Thanks for the info.! I've never had problems with mine, but I've heard stories of them collapsing, but the actual victims have never stepped forward to share their experience.

I only replaced my stock inlet because it tore when I tried forcing onto my turbo. My turbo and inlet will be replaced with a rotated set-up in the future. So I hope I won't ever have to encounter a collapsing inlet.

Quick Reply: My New car