My New car

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 06:58 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1996 STI V3 Type RA
Originally Posted by silver satin
It's a good looking car minus the spoiler that is the only bad thing about it. I would do something to the brakes first then suspension...
The stock legacy GT brakes are the best on Subaru's other than the STi brembo's. They have a greater stopping force than the Subaru 4/2 Pots. A lot of places are now selling them as Subaru BBK because they stop so well. I am going to buy the Legacy GT rear brakes to put om my RS. I would think about the fronts, but they will not fit under a 16" wheel, so if I want to keep 16's I have to go for something else.

THERE IS A LEGACY STI: http://www.subaru-sti.co.jp/s401/ Click enter (site in Japanese) http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~1amiga/s401.htm (this site is in english, but not subaru's official site)

There is no production Legacy STi, only a limited run of the Legacy S401 STi. I would venture to say that no one in the US has one. Very few were made. I know less than 1k were made, but probably closer to 400 total were shipped and delivered to customers.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:06 AM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
^ exactly...

it's not even the current body style for the legacy. there is however the closest thing... Legacy B4 or there might be a blitzen edition already.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:25 AM
VIP Member

Word Jon, I will have an 4eat with 3 peddles by this weekend. So soon you can put 1 of 2 4eat's with 3.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by keirnna
Word Jon, I will have an 4eat with 3 peddles by this weekend. So soon you can put 1 of 2 4eat's with 3.

but then I could say only 4 EAT with STI drive train except tranny
Old 04-20-2005, 12:07 PM
VIP Member

What? What have you done to your car? You can't have an STi drivetrain without tranny. WTF are you talking about Jon. I looking crosseyed right now.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:09 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
THERE IS A LEGACY STI: http://www.subaru-sti.co.jp/s401/ Click enter (site in Japanese) http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~1amiga/s401.htm (this site is in english, but not subaru's official site)

There is no production Legacy STi, only a limited run of the Legacy S401 STi. I would venture to say that no one in the US has one. Very few were made. I know less than 1k were made, but probably closer to 400 total were shipped and delivered to customers.
to say there is a legacy STi is almost(i stress almost) like saying there is a ESX STi.
until FHI actually sends one off an assembly line and puts a MSRP on one- then its safe to say there really is no legacy sti.
but you hit it right on the money. people just get confused....

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 04-20-2005, 12:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Version 7.5 2002 STi
Originally Posted by sl109
So every one knows its not from Japan
Well actually it is
Old 04-20-2005, 12:17 PM

ahh nevermind. I'll probably finish it within the month or next month
Old 04-20-2005, 12:17 PM
VIP Member

Actually for a long, long time there were no STi's comming off of FHI's assembly line so does that mean there were no STi's? I think not. STi was an aftermarket tuner similar to Nismo, and was later incorporated as part of the company. STi's were WRX's that STi hand-made into WRX STI's. They were torn apart and rebuilt using forged pistons and better turbos. So I have to disagree with what you said Greg. Now days FHI has a large share of STi, but it is still a somewhat autonomous company. STi's weren't even sold at Subaru dealers for a while. Now there isn't much that is similar between an STi and a WRX. If the WRX is getting the EJ257 block the SOA may have the same problem that STI did for a while. Japanese people bought cheaper WRX's and added an STi turbo and ECU, and had a car that was as fast as an STi for about $20k less.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:18 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by sykosis
Well actually it is
Actually it isn't. It was made in my home state. Layfayette, IN is where the USDM Legacy, B9 Tribeca, and Outback are made.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:36 PM

^^ they are assembled in indiana... not made there. the parts are basically sent over there- i know the engine, tranny are made in japan... as far as the keys, remotes... they are from gm aka saab.(i'm sure what else is from japan... its possbile that some other parts are shared.) i believe the plant they are using used to make isuzus... at least thats what they told us last year at the launch party at HRP. its not quite like Honda and Nissan where the entire car is made in the US(exception S2K and 350Z)
Actually for a long, long time there were no STi's comming off of FHI's assembly line so does that mean there were no STi's? I think not. STi was an aftermarket tuner similar to Nismo, and was later incorporated as part of the company. STi's were WRX's that STi hand-made into WRX STI's. They were torn apart and rebuilt using forged pistons and better turbos.
now i may be wrong- but the STi (currently) does roll off FHI assembly line. i don't think its like some companies like Roush(mustang) or Saleen where they take a car already off the line and then tear it aprt and do their add ons. the STi actually is produced in FHI's plant in japan. maybe what i was getting at (which you actually said originally) there currently is no production legacy STi.

Last edited by gdogg; 04-20-2005 at 12:38 PM.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:41 PM
VIP Member

Yes, now the STi does roll off their assembly line, but it hasn't always. My point was just that cars tuned by STi's are STi's. The early STi was assembled just like Roush and Saleen's Mustangs are. You are absolutley correct about the Layfayette plant, but it was their last stop, so they are from Indiana . They were however concieved in Japan .
Old 04-20-2005, 12:46 PM

^^ not sure if you remember- but we had like 20 05 LGT's here last year, and they were sitting at our "docks" because the plant in Lafayette apparantly had the wrong airbag sensors installed (along with some other electronic issues)
i remember we had 3 drivers down there to pick em up and we had to drive 2 back because of CELS.

Old 04-20-2005, 12:49 PM
VIP Member

Yeah you told me about that. You said they didn't even know how to plug the ECU's in. I think Pat has hooked up a way for us to get a tour of the plant.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:19 PM

Car Info: 97 Legacy Wagon Spec B
Question Picture Before

Here is one from the front side I am already chaning things. This is onlt the start. Hope you like.
Hammer
Attached Thumbnails My New car-small-front.jpg  

Quick Reply: My New car