My little story back from the bay area..

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 12:18 AM

Car Info: 02 wrx
Originally Posted by WRX-Zero
Good write up of your trip. Maybe I'll arrange to have a few day stop over in the Bay Area when I take my vacation up in Oregon to visit family.

Sounds like all the cars are hooked up there. *sigh* no AWD dyno in Hawaii.
hey brandon, i wanted to talk to you about oregon on thursday but couldnt make it, but anyway you should take a couple days to tour around the bay area!! it is an awesome place over there, tons of subies, and i know a lot of them would love to meet one of the HIIC memebers!
Old 10-03-2004, 11:19 AM

Car Info: 5.4RS
Originally Posted by gdogg
i love you.

387-5647

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
werd i love you tooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if you send me a dozen ill give you greg for a sex slave :P
Old 10-05-2004, 12:22 AM

Car Info: Suby/EVO
Originally Posted by STiNightFall
devin, your car is sick! i took a pic of your interior, but the glass showed a reflection of gary :P

thanks man...

Devin
www.gruppe-s.com
510-7835300
Old 10-05-2004, 02:07 AM

hey devin, do you know daniel from hawaii? he has a supra, he went to school with gary at UC berkley i think, gonna talk to him bout gettin me a roll cage!!!! tell max and gary i said hi! haha
Old 10-05-2004, 10:10 AM

Car Info: Suby/EVO
hey devin, do you know daniel from hawaii? he has a supra, he went to school with gary at UC berkley i think, gonna talk to him bout gettin me a roll cage!!!! tell max and gary i said hi! haha

i dont know daniel ..... i didnt go to UCBerkley with max and gary.... but give max a call for the roll cage.......... and i'll let them know you said "HI"
thanks

Devin
www.gruppe-s.com
Old 10-05-2004, 11:25 AM

Car Info: Justy
hey brandon, i wanted to talk to you about oregon on thursday but couldnt make it, but anyway you should take a couple days to tour around the bay area!! it is an awesome place over there, tons of subies, and i know a lot of them would love to meet one of the HIIC memebers!
I'll be at this thursdays meet, after 9pm. I am trying to arrange it so that I can stop off in the Bay Area, but as it goes right now. I have very little vacation time.

Devin, that is one Sweet ride!
Old 10-08-2004, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by WRX-Zero
I'll be at this thursdays meet, after 9pm. I am trying to arrange it so that I can stop off in the Bay Area, but as it goes right now. I have very little vacation time.

Devin, that is one Sweet ride!
bump for chuck! brandon, you should really stop by bozz performance and gruppe-s they are both in the same area i believe, hayward, get off the industrial way exit and turn left and make another left when you get to starbucks and keep going straight, you'll hit gruppe-s! wish i got to check out alex's rex, i heard its crazy! well, they have meets almost every night, so you can go check that out, ryan(chokudori) brought me to one of their meets down at daly city, really close to san fran university!

part II of my story

well i'll try finish up my story, I went down to gruppe-s, my uncle had to take me, so couldnt really go too much places, sorry alex!, but i got to meet max, and i was surprised! i thought he was a haole guy, but turns out most of the guys down at gruppe-s are asian! (still shock in disbelief) haha, but i got a tour of their facility, they are a really big shop, and got connections to a lot of distributors straight from japan, thats how they get their stuff for pretty cheap, i got to also meet gary from gruppe-s also, hes a really cool guy, showed me around the shop and all, and i found out i actually do know one of his friends down in hawaii, in fact hes part of the car crew i'm in now! o_O... well, there seems to be a lot of connections wiht people from san fran and hawaii, Ryan(choku dori on these boards) was kind enuff to come pick me up to go to one of their meets, almost all chinese guys! haha, one of the guys i met down there, his gf is from pearl city! the whole time while we were cruizing, most of the guys would dog on ricers, just like us! everytime we saw a car with altezza tail lights, the ******* began haha but it was all in good fun. well, I didn't really get to go to too many places only chinatown in oakland, and china town in san fran, i got to visit the golden gate bridge, but it was oh so foggy that day, took some snaps but all you could see if part of the bridge but anyways, in conclusion, in the bay area, they are so big that they have to have seperate groups, not everyone knows everyone like us here(but they are bigger than us) but it is serperated in groups. I wish we would have big tuners like shiv down here so we can get some good tuning done on our cars, but without a AWD dyno, it seems much harder to tune, gotta do the old fashion way like pat, rich, and mitch did. hey ryan you down for some late night tuning? hehe
Old 10-08-2004, 03:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Why you guys gotta hate on Altezzas? LOL...doh!
Old 10-08-2004, 03:57 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
Thanks for the bump, Andrew! Nice pix , nice write up and nice, really nice cars... *drool* We need AWD dynos here in HI... it's killing us. Man, that blue STi w/ the Gold Prodrive GC-10 is HOOOOOOOT~!!! I want those rims in British black soooo bad... can Gruppe-s special order those or what and with a "good" price? If not the Work Emotion CR in Gunmetal is fine too... Ahhh, so many things to buy, so little cash.

Last edited by luktang; 10-08-2004 at 04:02 PM.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:22 PM

hmmmm, not sure about the work emotions, i would love to have some work rims! but gruppe-s can get volks and SSR's, i think they are distributors, so they can get prices better than tire rack can, go give max or gary a call! they will try hook it up! get 17x9 TE-37's in bronze! that would be so dope!
Old 10-10-2004, 03:13 AM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
Volks are pimp almighty but 17x9? Would there be a rubbing issue? Stop the temptation!
Old 10-10-2004, 02:39 PM

Car Info: Subaru, Hummer, Cadillac, Buick, GMC, Previously Owned Vehicles
yes

Originally Posted by Darknight
Anyone want some KK sent to you from Maui?

how do you want to do this...

this can be very cool ....

very kewl.
Old 10-10-2004, 05:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Eh Andrew, howzit?
Wow, it's been that long since you came to visit us huh? Glad that you had fun
Come on back anytime! :banana:

BTW, just to let you know, once in a while our Friday meet gets pretty big. There was one weekend that zilvia.net came out with about 20-something 240SX's and Silvia's at about the same time we went out. And there was another night that a sorority was rushing, and so crazy Filipina gals were runnin' around humpin' random guys left and right heh heh! It usually gets poppin' when the weather's warmer... figures huh? It's gotten colder since you were here
Old 10-10-2004, 05:43 PM

chucky, hell yeah do it! my friend tried some 17x9's on his wagon and it clears! hes just worried that 17x10's would clear, you just gotta stretch the tires, and take the corners really smoothly haha

hey ryan! yo dude let me know when you come down to hawaii!!!! fo sure i'll take you around! chirstmas time right ryan? i'll be look foward to it, wait what? crazy fillipino girls humping everyone? what was that?

hey donald, i think everyones pretty serious about sending some krispe kreme doughnuts!

Last edited by STiNightFall; 10-10-2004 at 06:07 PM.
Old 10-10-2004, 08:28 PM

Car Info: 2002 Black WRX
Originally Posted by ElNino
how do you want to do this...

this can be very cool ....

very kewl.
That is the question I've been asking myself, how do I send some over there?
If someone has an idea let me know unless you guys want to wait until December
when I come up to visit my sister I'll bring some.

Quick Reply: My little story back from the bay area..