Moving to Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 09:52 PM

Car Info: 02 GGA
oahus got a whole load of parks that just came up, with more on the way. Kona would be a bit slow on the job side but if you like the country type life than thats your best bet.
Old 06-02-2003, 10:42 PM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Re: Moving to Hawaii

Theres another thread in this forum, titled similar to yours. We shared a bit of information like you are asking. As usual we hijacked it hard at the end, but if you search for it you will get some good info. Going to be lazier than Pat and not even cut-n-paste, but do check for it. If I run across it I will link it here...

Edit: Here it is:
https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...threadid=19757
Old 06-03-2003, 02:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 94 T-Leg Sedan and a 00 M5
With the number of people we get asking about moving to Hawaii, could we make the above post sticky? Call it "ATTN: THOSE WHO WANT TO MOVE TO HAWAII"

Or is that just stupid?
Old 06-03-2003, 03:43 PM

Originally posted by EtchyLives
With the number of people we get asking about moving to Hawaii, could we make the above post sticky? Call it "ATTN: THOSE WHO WANT TO MOVE TO HAWAII"

Or is that just stupid?
It would be nice to have a sticky that had the relevant posts (read, un-hijacked posts) in it. We could be the new Moving To Hawaii resource. Funny how people find their way here. Forget how I did. I think searching Hawaii and sports car got me to one of the other forums and I think Sean pointed me here, so you can blame him for my old post-whoring habits, its his fault...
Old 06-03-2003, 03:46 PM

Its a decent place to live. We had the "paradise" thing sorta drilled into our heads (atleast I did) and even only having been here a couple months there are days I sorta forget where we are. Still same city life and traffic and such, just happens to be damn beautiful almost all the time and beaches rock. With the wife pregnant when we got here we havent really gotten out much and now with the kid here we NEVER will get out. Atleast for awhile.

If I had it to do over I would definitely NOT move here until atleast one of us had a job waiting for us. Im still not having any luck finding work, atleast not something that doesnt want to pay me a third of what I made in the mainland for the same work. Cant figure some companies out. I guess if there are people here willing to work for those wages they can offer it. Who knows. Pretty discouraging, but then I look down at Waikiki and think, its all good...

Let us know if you do decide to move here...
Old 06-03-2003, 04:27 PM
First 12sec WRX in HI

Car Info: 12.93@106.71
Originally posted by DaveWRX
Its a decent place to live. We had the "paradise" thing sorta drilled into our heads (atleast I did) and even only having been here a couple months there are days I sorta forget where we are. Still same city life and traffic and such, just happens to be damn beautiful almost all the time and beaches rock. With the wife pregnant when we got here we havent really gotten out much and now with the kid here we NEVER will get out. Atleast for awhile.

If I had it to do over I would definitely NOT move here until atleast one of us had a job waiting for us. Im still not having any luck finding work, atleast not something that doesnt want to pay me a third of what I made in the mainland for the same work. Cant figure some companies out. I guess if there are people here willing to work for those wages they can offer it. Who knows. Pretty discouraging, but then I look down at Waikiki and think, its all good...

Let us know if you do decide to move here...
Hmmm, can't say you weren't warned. Well at least the chics are hot. Well except for the bearded mahu's.
Old 06-03-2003, 04:28 PM

Originally posted by Rexstang
Hmmm, can't say you weren't warned. Well at least the chics are hot. Well except for the bearded mahu's.
Nope, not saying I wasnt warned at all. I heard it from everyone I talked to here and elsewhere. Hard to not have it in your head when moving to a place people dream of "vacationing" in. Its just a reality check is all.
Old 06-03-2003, 05:10 PM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
well, .... all I have to say is, .....
WHERE ARE THE TRADEWINDS!!!????

Old 06-03-2003, 05:10 PM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
... it's frickin' HOT!
Old 06-03-2003, 05:12 PM

Originally posted by Nolimit
... it's frickin' HOT!
God amen... Cant believe we rented a place WITHOUT a/c. Ugh...
Old 06-03-2003, 09:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 94 T-Leg Sedan and a 00 M5
I agree. In MN it was between 55 and 80 with a nice breeze, low humidity, and light rain. That is paradise, to me. It's miserable right now.
Old 06-03-2003, 09:52 PM

Car Info: 02 GGA
"the hanger" is still around but its on base. Who needs it tho,
most of the parks coming up are better than that place... or at least I think so but then again I suck at skating
Old 06-03-2003, 10:03 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Originally posted by EtchyLives
I agree. In MN it was between 55 and 80 with a nice breeze, low humidity, and light rain. That is paradise, to me. It's miserable right now.
Word.

Quick Reply: Moving to Hawaii