Motorcycle safety inspection hook up?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 05:03 PM

Car Info: yzf600r
Question Motorcycle safety inspection hook up?

hey guys I just got stationed here in oahu and bought a bike. I'm trying to find a place for motorcycle safety inspection hook up , I just can't afford to put on. New exhaust etc. I'll get reflectors and what not but there is nothing crazy about my bike just want a no hassle desk. I'll pay good or throw a few bucks and a full tank of gas. I got a yzf600r with a moto ho slip on exhaust somone please help me out ? Pm me thanks
Old 05-07-2012, 05:14 PM

Car Info: CGM Crumpled Beer Can
What exactly is wrong with it to not pass a safety?

Front/Rear Blinkers
Reflectors on front Wheel(2)
Reflector on back of bike(ie: licenseplate)
Light over license plate.

We don't have emissions so no worry about the exhaust, unless its some crazy straight pipe.

If all the lights work(headlight/turn front/rear/brake) you're good to go.

places to get it done at?

Windward side: Domenicos (kaneohe)
Town side: Montgomery Motors
West side: South Seas Cycles Waipahu(I think they still do it)

good luck!

Last edited by sigterm; 05-07-2012 at 06:24 PM. Reason: forgot license plate light.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:30 PM

Well the first place I went to didn't even really look he just saw my exhaust and said it wouldn't pass I'm new to this whole safety thing so I took his word for it. And then something about my blinkers and I have all my blinkers horn etc it all works so not sure what to do.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:39 PM

Makes me really wonder what kind of exhaust you have on there.
If you have all of that and its in working order, not too sure why the shop wouldn't pass it. Bikes are about 1000x easier to pass a safety with than a car in Hawaii.
I'd say, pick another shop and try again.

My favorite shop to deal with is Domenicos in Kaneohe. They are straight up, honest, and also willing to either sell you the part you need to fix it or tell you how to do it yourself. Also, a Yamaha dealer in your case. Also, no appointment needed. Walkin 9-5 M-Saturday, No safety's on Sunday, closed on monday.

Montgomery is also good in that regard, but they go by appointment keep in mind. Good guys, always willing to help you to pass your safety by putting a reflector/blinker on.

Last edited by sigterm; 05-07-2012 at 05:43 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:20 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX
Yeah, Montgomery Motors is great, I go there for my safety check even though I live in Waipahu. Been going there for over 20 years, they've always been helpful and easy to work with. I tried a couple of places out this side but I got too much attitude so I make the ride into town.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:39 AM

Car Info: GR.SEDAN
Actually Mongomery takes walk ins with no appt but they've been pretty stickler with me even though I've brought tons of bikes there... You got pm though, good luck!
Old 05-09-2012, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by tesh
Actually Mongomery takes walk ins with no appt but they've been pretty stickler with me even though I've brought tons of bikes there... You got pm though, good luck!
Ohhhh nice. learn something new every day. Guess it's been a little while since i went there. Good guys for sure.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:36 PM

hey everyone yeah so bassicly each place tells me something diff each time. im gunna try a place somone pm'd me, but so far exhaust is a go and no go on diff place need reflectors and tires are getting a little down there. only because i have to ride to 9 million places. if anyone knonws a place somewere please let me know ill pay good for just a hook up.