More mods to my car. Just want to keep you studs informed

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 06:26 PM
Big Baller

Car Info: 93 BG5, 00&01 GM6, 06LGT, 07STi
More mods to my car. Just want to keep you studs informed

Hey guys,
I got my V6 lip and grill shipped to me the other day.
The lip is on (black) and it looks sweet! Even black. At least now it matches the side skirts for color, body lines, and sexy-ness. Looks even hotter with the 18's on. I'll post some pics when my lazy *** finds my camera.
Grill looks like absolute *** installed black so it isn't.

Just installed the whiteline rear differential bushings. Cooooool. If you don't have them installed, it is SUPER easy. And SUPER cool. I noticed a difference immediately in the way the car was so responsive on acceleration and shifting. turning was also improved.

The thump on hard shifts is gone.

The mushy feeling when releasing the clutch and waiting for the car to move is gone. The power is instantly to the wheels.

It's remarkable what a big difference these 20 dollar bushings make.

*** IF YOU DON'T PLAN ON INSTALLING THESE, DON'T BOTHER READING PAST HERE****
Don't go by the scoobymods way of installing them. <--- this is just my opinion. However, it would not appear to be a good idea to remove the upper washer because the inner sleeve of the factory bushing will be contacting the body directly and it isn't supposed to do that. I do recommend hammering the little tabs flat with a BFH (big flucking hammer) and installing it above the whiteline bushings; or you can leave the tabs as they are and not install the inner thick bushing. Lastly don't worry about the bottom "thin" washer looking like it doesn't have adequate support "(like they mention in the scoobymod forum) It doesn't need it. It is centered by the lower retaining plate and is only acting like a spacer for the parts that would normally come in contact with the outrigger.

Please don't take this as a bash against the scoobymods forum. They have TONS of good material on that site. I just don't feel that this particular topic is covered appropriately.

I bought my front lip, grill and diff kit from Kastle on Katle's Korner (owner of Scoobymods). I paid more for the items at his place, but I wanted to support him and his efforts.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:25 AM

Car Info: Vakamon WRX
Sweet! Hurry with the pics!:banana: