mooooooooo (jfl)

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 08:07 PM
vaj

Car Info: 2004 Big Booty STi with a two finger gap.
mooooooooo (jfl)

Aloha from Cow Country- aka the carbon in it's (un)natural habitat...
Attached Thumbnails mooooooooo (jfl)-moooove-over.jpg   mooooooooo (jfl)-moooo.jpg  
Old 10-17-2005, 09:46 PM

Car Info: 2005 Legacy GT Lmt
I bet there are some wonderful rolling hills to drive there. Looks like great driving country.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:42 PM
vaj

Aside from the speed limit and the rental cars ITS AWESOME. crack o dawn is da best.
I love the big I. Feel lucky to be here..
Old 10-17-2005, 11:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Between Kailua-Kona and Waimea on the high road when people aren't out, damn fun. I was playin out there w/ someone in a new M5 last time. Bet he was wondering why he couldn't shake the Suby...
Old 10-18-2005, 12:51 AM
vaj

oh hells yea.. upper road rules,, except that i have to go to court wednesday cuz i got popped coming home from coldstone at 1am doin 90+. No one on the road, beautiful nite, cop in the bushes, all blacked out, 1mile towards waimea from waikoloa with a LIDAR gun. My valentine went off for about 2 seconds, i slammed the brakes and that was it. I just pulled over right then. I knew I was busted. Oh well, as cops go, this guy was alright. Souped up mustang and all that. He didn't trip on the mods at all, just walked up to the car and said..."Ninety brah?.. Where ya goin like that..." lol

at least he wrote me up for 87. there is a difference I can appreciate there.

an yeah, the bimmer guys get bummed when they can't shake us eh? see you out there..
Old 10-18-2005, 01:02 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by vaj
oh hells yea.. upper road rules,, except that i have to go to court wednesday cuz i got popped coming home from coldstone at 1am doin 90+. No one on the road, beautiful nite, cop in the bushes, all blacked out, 1mile towards waimea from waikoloa with a LIDAR gun. My valentine went off for about 2 seconds, i slammed the brakes and that was it. I just pulled over right then. I knew I was busted. Oh well, as cops go, this guy was alright. Souped up mustang and all that. He didn't trip on the mods at all, just walked up to the car and said..."Ninety brah?.. Where ya goin like that..." lol

at least he wrote me up for 87. there is a difference I can appreciate there.

an yeah, the bimmer guys get bummed when they can't shake us eh? see you out there..
Haha... The green or the blue stang? I got my first ever ticket right around there. I should be out there Wed some time. Wish me luck. Guess I should put the detector back in one of these days.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:37 AM
vaj

oh man THATS TOO MUCH... it was the blue one. Well, I wish you big luck. (and i bet we BOTH wish we had a jammer now..) Even a Valentine couldn't help me here. My first laser ticket ever, IM A VIRGIN AGAIN!!!
Old 10-18-2005, 03:57 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
saddleback road has nice twists and turns, it reminds me of a bmw commercial when its wet....i would love to drive those roads with my car...
Old 10-18-2005, 10:12 AM
VIP Member

Haha.. That one sounds pretty rumbly. I always see him hiding in those pull-outs with the car totally blacked out. That's the problem with laser - even as great as the V1 is, the alert just tells you that you're bought and paid for...

Saddle road is awesome, especially on the Hilo side where it was improved (IMHO). The turns are wicked. I was really missing HWY 9 in the Bay Area, but after a couple jaunts up the Saddle... Heh.. No more. When it gets down to the un-imroved section it gets a little scary, but mostly because of all the crazy people that haul thru there ignoring the lines. Next time you are on the saddle, look on the downside of each bump. You will see deep marks where people have bottomed out and taken part of the road with them. These are NOT the people you want to meet head on. Nothing like a Ford SuperDuty in the face.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:54 AM
vaj

bought and paid for...lol that's just how i felt when it happened. Oh well, I knew the risk with the laser.. bummed i am but not too suprised ya.

hilo side of the saddle is just plain sick. The engineers in charge of those first few miles were car guys fo sho. Nice pavement, banked turns, sick. But the Waimea side is scary. I've def. had my share of "pucker factor" over there. The whole "superduty in the face thing" is dead on. Literally. Feels like my car is going to fall apart on those ruts. (the big jump by Mauna Kea access is something out of a rally car fantasy) complete with all the scars you speak of.

Ah yeah, Hwy 9 is awesome, lived in SanFran for 9 years b4 I moved here and I miss the roads a lot. One of my all time favs is the 88/89 from south lake tahoe all the way to Jackson. I've done that one sooo many times I feel like it's my friend. Thats the one I dream about at nite. well, that and boarding at Kirkwood....
Old 12-22-2005, 05:42 PM
VIP Member

I am sure I saw you north of Hilo yesterday morning (wed). I was in a bright yellow old Celica coupe headed to Kona. Car looks great.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:59 PM
vaj

That was me, thanks for the compliment. What year is your celica?
Old 12-23-2005, 02:20 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by vaj
That was me, thanks for the compliment. What year is your celica?
np - the carbon hood looks wicked in the sun.

'80 ST coupe. Lots of mods and new parts. Gotta sell it in the next 2 days in case you know anyone looking for a car.

Here's some pics, except it doesn't have the primer spots on the rockers anymore.

http://www.classic-celica.com/module...view_album.php
Old 12-23-2005, 04:10 PM
vaj

DAYAMM that one clean celica! I'll let people know it's for sale... Are you leaving the Island?
Old 12-23-2005, 05:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
nice pics, looks like you could go as fast as you want and not worry about hitting anything, maybe just the cows...