Modifying your car: Why do you do it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 12:32 AM

Car Info: 57 SM 04 STi, 04 Yamaha R6
Originally Posted by BoOm
AT&T upgrade period depends on your bill. For example:

$80-100/mo bills will allow you to upgrade a new phone at 18months
100+ at 12 months, etc.

That's why almost all iPhone 3G users can upgrade in December but some can already upgrade now.
AHH! I diddnt know this thanks!
Old 06-27-2009, 05:26 PM

I upgrade my car to make it faster at the track.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:48 PM

Car Info: 08 lgt
Originally Posted by BoOm
And the excitement that comes when you are updating your Fedex/UPS tracking page every 5 minutes to see when your package arrives, then getting your parts and putting it in right away. Ah. The feeling.
Omg yes. The most amazing feeling when you think you heard the truck pull up, look out the window, and gat dammit it IS the delivery man lol. I get so antsy I check almost every half hour haha. And when he does show I'm meeting him out in my parking lot screw waiting for him to get to my door.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:19 PM

Car Info: 2011 White Forester.
Originally Posted by HxllxMan
I mod my car because it is the only thing I'm willing to spend money on it.
I mod my car because I love it, even if I drive like a gran-pa.
I mod my car because I want to make it cool and different from other peoples.

Even tho I promess I will not mod my next car... well I did it anyway... /gasp
Howz the new toy on the road?
Old 06-27-2009, 09:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
I just spent 3 hours polishing and waxing my car...frickin' tired and I will probably have to go out in the morning with another couple towels just to make sure I got it all off. I used a work light and a tripod spotlight but nothing I have is as good as the sun. The saddest thing of all this is that I am one of the more lazy car washing/paint taking care of people I know of. It's just this god damned Java Black is sooooooo hard to take care of...I miss my PSM in this regard.

No mods this weekend but last week I changed catbacks...again. As well as installed some longer push pins for my door cards to clear help clear my front comps. I have become a pro at taking door cards off.

Oh and for those that are counting...I am on my 8th non-stock exhaust...not counting UPs and DPs:

In the bugeye:
1. OEM
2. Turbo XS RFL Ti
3. Prodrive Oval Tip
4. STi Axleback
5. Greddy Evo

In the Wagon:
6. OEM
7. Borla XR1
8. STi Axleback
9. HKS Hi-Power
10. SPT full catback...the shiny one with the smaller tip not the huge tip one.

Last edited by bpang1; 06-27-2009 at 09:40 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Why do I mod my car? So that when I turn on the air conditioner it still has enough power to move!
Old 06-28-2009, 10:21 PM

Car Info: STi (cornering, accelerating and braking hard).
I don't mod my car just to hang parts. I don't get the "high" that some on this thread do.

I mod my car to make it faster and improve my experience at SCCA. IMO that's the only quantifiable place to see what difference a modification makes. You can quantify at a dyno, but where's the fun in that. You're not even the one "driving" the car on the dyno, your tuner is.

Now...Solo at SCCA, that's a different story.

My motto is - "Test your parts by accelerating, turning, and braking. You don't test your parts, by just opening your wallet. Test your parts, not just hang them."

Awaiting the haters.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:51 PM

Car Info: 08 lgt
Originally Posted by Risk3233
I don't mod my car just to hang parts. I don't get the "high" that some on this thread do.

I mod my car to make it faster and improve my experience at SCCA. IMO that's the only quantifiable place to see what difference a modification makes. You can quantify at a dyno, but where's the fun in that. You're not even the one "driving" the car on the dyno, your tuner is.

My motto is - "Test your parts by accelerating, turning, and braking. You don't test your parts, by just opening your wallet. Test your parts, not just hang them."

Awaiting the haters.
Ohhhhhhhhhhh snap! Hahahahahaah.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:30 PM
VIP Member

Awaiting the haters.
you forgot tracks and rally-x as a way for normal people to test their parts.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:52 PM

I was referring to my particular interests. As long as the parts are being tested for their intended purpose, then you are actually using them.

BTW "bench racing" that takes place at your local speed shop or garage does not count as actual racing/competition. That's actually called bullsh*tting.

Last edited by Risk3233; 06-28-2009 at 11:55 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:08 AM
VIP Member

I was referring to my particular interests. As long as the parts are being tested for their intended purpose, then you are actually using them.

BTW "bench racing" that takes place at your local speed shop or garage does not count as actual racing/competition. That's actually called bullsh*tting.
Hmmmmm. Ya know, I love using my car as a tool for motorsports. However, I don't think I'd go far as to say that others aren't actually using their parts if they don't compete in my arena of competition.

And if you don't at least rally-x, then you are not "testing" your car for its "intended purpose" and therefore and not "actually using it."

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 06-29-2009 at 12:11 AM.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:10 AM

Car Info: 2008 MB C350S Chip/Exhaust 268whp
I agree, it just sounds angry.

Damn..makes me want to get an angry whopper now.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:18 AM

Just tired from the Solo today. BTW our track is so rough that it's more rally-x than Solo. There's enough gravel out there to make getting traction an issue.

I don't agree with the statement that hangin' parts for the sake of having the parts on the car and not pushing the limits in some quantifiable venue is testing them. We are going right back to the start...just hangin' parts.

Last edited by Risk3233; 06-29-2009 at 12:22 AM.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:21 AM

Car Info: 06 WRX LTD 4eat
i mod my car because when i look at it i get a huge grin, and when i give it the gas that grin gets even bigger. and hanging by the rear bumper of a supercar is also a plus. (i guess they dont like it when you can keep up with them in a eco box) lol
Old 06-29-2009, 12:25 AM

I'm just not into that. I rarely get my car over the speed limit on the street. No sense in that. I'll get to Costco eventually.

If I want to really push the car, then the street isn't the place to do it...unless I want to get arrested.

Quick Reply: Modifying your car: Why do you do it?