Met Mike Tyson...

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 07:32 PM

Car Info: Vakamon WRX
Met Mike Tyson...

at work today. He's a lot bigger in person. Well, not as tall, but very wide.

I also met Sean Pen and his wife and kids a while back. I also meet a lot of Japanese celebrities, but I don't know their names and what they actually do.

Okay, I'm a dork. I just wanted to share.
Old 01-02-2004, 07:40 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
We saw Mike Tyson last week at Ala Moana Shopping Center. He's a WIDE and SCARY looking invididual.
Old 01-02-2004, 10:26 PM

Car Info: Vakamon WRX
He's heck of a lot nicer than another fighter I met (Enson Inoue). Mike actually to the time to shake my hand and thank me for noticing him.

He is one scary looking ****.
Old 01-03-2004, 01:02 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
did anybody see the last super brawl?
Old 01-03-2004, 01:16 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
No way, Chris! I'm a huge boxing fan. Although he's not my favorite, He's arguably in the top...eh, 4, pound for pound. I'd argue that in his prime (prior to the passing of Cus), he was the BEST fighter ever, though. I'm not much for celebrities, but if I were to meet him or Muhamed Ali (my idol), I'd have a hard time talking sensibly.

Just for chit-chat sake, it's a tough call between Ali and Marciano. I'd probably put Rocky #1 and Ali #2, then Roy Jones Jr. Tyson would be 4th.

Marciano was THE TOUGHEST and strongest package, Ali was technically smarter than anyone and very tough in his own right (vs. Foreman), Roy is just not big nor strong enough to be compared to all of the great heavy weights, but he's smart and the quickest for his size. Tyson was obviously strong but just not mentally or emotionally gifted. When the tables get turned on him, he loses his game plan. It wouldn't be a contest when he was 21 with any of my top 3 (well, I'd bet on Muhamed against him), but all three could beat him easily now...yeah, even Roy.

I'd still like to meet him, though.

Robin Wright Penn is fine as hell.
Old 01-03-2004, 02:12 PM

I never thought much of Mike Tyson as a boxer, he was just a strong ****. I agree with Pat, once the tables are turned, he looses his cool and returns to "brawler" mode. Still, I would hate to get punched by him.
Old 01-03-2004, 02:38 PM
Pr0n King

Iron Mike was UNBEATABLE in his prime... What a stellar ascent, and plummeting descent he had, eh?
Old 01-03-2004, 04:16 PM

Car Info: 02 wrx
I didn't see Tyson... But this is for Richard...

One of the Olson twins came in with Katzenberg (one of the Dreamworks SKG) to alan wong's last nite... Sad to say she wasn't looking like the pics u put up of them... I didn't even take a second look at her... But, then again... are we allowed to look at 17 yr olds ???
Old 01-03-2004, 04:28 PM
Pr0n King

Originally posted by WRX_FLIP
I didn't see Tyson... But this is for Richard...

One of the Olson twins came in with Katzenberg (one of the Dreamworks SKG) to alan wong's last nite... Sad to say she wasn't looking like the pics u put up of them... I didn't even take a second look at her... But, then again... are we allowed to look at 17 yr olds ???
I am. Well, Erin doesn't allow me - but my own conscience (of dubious moral fiber) does.

Oh well.
Old 01-03-2004, 05:27 PM
VIP Member

Originally posted by IS2Scooby
Iron Mike was UNBEATABLE in his prime
Ali would've knock him the f&ck out. Especially when HE was 21. I've never seen anyone like him.

2 words, Joe Frazier. If someone could beat him (and get beat by him, I know), they could beat Mike. Frazier was no Tyson, granted, but Joe was tougher and more tenacious than anyone I've ever seen fight (except for maybe Jeff Fenech and Azumah Nelson). Frazier was probably the hardest guy to beat, ever. Have you ever seen Ali v. Foreman? Those were HARD shots Ali took. I never would have thought that letting someone beat on you for 12 rounds would have ever occured to anyone, and worked.

Old 01-05-2004, 12:23 PM

Car Info: G35 Coupe (FOR SALE)
Frazier was tough, no doubt. I think a focused Tyson with Cus and Rooney in his corner could have taken him though. The bigger guys (Lewis, Holyfield) seemed to give Tyson the most problems because they could keep him from getting inside. Frazier's build is very similar to Mike. Punching power is probably a toss-up, but I think Mike had the edge in speed and quickness.

I think I'd rather see Tyson fight George Foreman in his prime. Talk about two guys swinging with bad intentions. Young George whooped Joe Frazier.

He's heck of a lot nicer than another fighter I met (Enson Inoue). Mike actually to the time to shake my hand and thank me for noticing him.
Mike smoked a blunt with some Nasioc guys a few months back. I think the hurt Lennox put on him humbled him big time.
Old 01-05-2004, 01:26 PM
VIP Member

Richie,

You really got me. I forgot all about Foreman. Foreman/Tyson when they were both young would've been EXCELLENT!
Old 01-06-2004, 01:35 AM

Car Info: 2002 Silver WRX
Sorry to Hijack, but I recently saw Josh HARTNETT at the Honolulu Marathon and Kelly HU eating dinner at Little Village in Chinatown.
Just thought i'd share.
Old 01-06-2004, 02:49 AM
Pr0n King

[Homer]Kelly Hu... MMmmmmmmmmmmmmm....[/Homer]