Is it me or did...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 10:04 PM

Car Info: Storme..
Originally Posted by shaggadelic
hahaha no pete i was talking about a whole not just one thread and i admit i do it to but i'm not pointing fingers at one thread nor one person.
haha i just posted it up to be safe.. didnt want to get in trouble..

nobody is pointing fingers i hope.. unless it's to your dealership so i can buy an 08 STi hahaha

^^example of going off topic
Old 09-03-2008, 10:05 PM

Car Info: 06 2.5i WGN & 06 WRX WGN
Originally Posted by iNfEk
either way i don't care. iclub is not the way it was before. so what if they make fun of us i could give a ****. people make the club not other people out side the club. the people that are here now are different and don't care about technical details as they did before. some people on this board find the smallest detail to dwell on.

i get no special deals or discounts for being in iclub, i get no extra recognition nor do i want to do with petty issues that shouldn't make a difference.
lol, ok I will drop the petty issue. really though, there are a lot of people out there who are interested in the mechanics. They just do not want to deal with booby jokes and ricers/racers whatevers. That is all people are trying to say.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:16 PM

Car Info: toaster
pot meet the kettle?
Old 09-04-2008, 09:24 AM

Car Info: 2021 Crosstrek Sport
Talk about digging up a post from the grave. Last post before Shaggy was july '05.

I haven't been on i-club that long & I still consider myself a noob. I must say that I'm glad that I found this forum. I've met quite a few great people on here as well as the recent meets that I've been to.

I love working on cars...I've been doing it pretty much all my life. In fact, I've built one from the ground up. (Damn! I miss that car! ) If there were forums around like this back then, I'm sure that I would have done things a lot differently.

This being my first suby, I look forward to the long and costly journey that will bring me to the end result that I want to achieve with it. I really appreciate the fact that there are a lot of you on here that are willing to take the time to help people out with their questions as well as installs & swaps. Some of us aren't as fortunate as others to put the time and money into our rides as others are. You guys make it easier for them to acheive goals with their cars that otherwise wouldn't have been done without you. For that, I give you props.

IMO, it's the OT posts that add a personal touch to this forum. Although some of the posts are waaaaaaaaaaay out there, I enjoy reading a lot of the quirky comments that people add.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:56 AM

Car Info: '10 Xt Ltd, '05 X Beater, '01 GS300
I hear what you guys are saying. I haven't been on I-club that long as well......well about 2 years now. The tone and quality of threads has definitely changed over the past few months. I don't necessarily feel that it's a bad thing since this is a public forum, and people can post whatever they want. And the fact that many people feed the fire (I'm guilty as charged as well), only furthers that fact. But honestly, all work and no play makes for no fun. It's nice to have quirky, off the wall threads and comments, just to offset the seriousness sometimes. Those of you that know me, know that I'm not a "Tech" guy and am proud of the fact that there are TONS of HIIC members that will help out when you need it. Whatever "others" say about HIIC.....oh wells. WE know there is STILL a feeling of Ohana here.

As for OT threads.....they'll never stop. I'm also guilty as charged for all my "Look at my new shoes" threads.....speaking of which, I think I'm long over due for another one of those threads.......
Old 09-04-2008, 12:34 PM

Car Info: Slower than the guy with all the money :(
What can I say,I'm the biggest one. Lately I've been all over this forum in every thread.Honestly, it's the most fun I've had since it was just "us"!! By us I mean my really good friends I've known for over ten years.We became friends because of the car we drive,and yet most of them don't even drive Subarus anymore!! I think everyone here can pretty much say the same. You really can't get along with everyone,but I think you can't limit yourself to being hardcore car people. I will admit to going OT big time, but to be completely honest, if you don't like what you see or hear, don't post.Ignoring people is the best thread killer!!I'll post to help people with car questions,and help whenever I can,but I'll also do things w/humor or lack there of,whatever you think,it is your right to have an opinion.We really have to stick together,regardless of what you hear about I-Club from people on the "outside" looking in,we are the tightest group of people in the car club scene.I've never been one to join anything,so the clubs that pay dues or whatever don't interest me.That is the best thing about I-Club,we don't have bylaws,or an administrative system dictating what you can or cannot do.When it's time to take initiative for any charity,volunteer, or community things we are fortunate to have people who will step up and do it!! You all know who you are.We also have diversity,people who race,people who show,and everything in between.I'd just like to say I am rarely serious about anything,but I just wanted to give an honest opinion. Drama is unavoidable sometimes, but without it, we would all be pretty bored !! I will continue to have old friends & make new ones in the I-Club,so can't we all just get along!!
Oh and as far as personal diarys go, I think it doesn't get any more personal than this!!Thanks Jon!
Old 09-04-2008, 12:51 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
You all have to stop crying about all this stuff...I mean really.

With the exception of those of us who have been in i-Club since the very beginning, most of you have no idea what this forum and this website started and meant. Yes...there are a lot of off-topic posts and some that I would rather delete than let it start some silly internet argument, but I don't. Why? Because this is a place where everyone can come and express thoughts and idea as a community.

There are some topics that are wayyyy out of left field, but that's not necesarily a bad thing. There's more to life then just the cars. I went back to look on Nabisco and all the other threads we posted up from 2000. Sometimes there were off-topic threads and sometimes not. We never mnade a big deal about it. The one thing that is different is the size of i-Club now as compared to then. We all knew other RS owners and we became a very close-knit group of friends. I see that happenning in sporadic groups in here, but nothing like how it used to be. You don't see me complaining about that...it's just how things happen.

Meets are an important part of trying to keep that going. So they started off as a way to talk about cars and racing and modifications, but they ended up as a time to talk crap and take pics. So what? All this is an evolutionary process. If you want to go to the Meets and talk crap, then go. If you want to stay home, stay home. If you want to cry about it, then do that if you want. All I'm saying is that although some of us "old skool" people lament the passing of the days when we eveolved from a bunch of people with the same cars to friends who happened to drive the same car, we see this as a new version of the old one and just go with it.

I'm not going to move posts to "Off-Topic" or start a special thread or forum for that. We just have to deal with it...ok?
Old 09-04-2008, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by shaggadelic
I would just like to bump this old thread up. I-club is not the way it use to be. I just scrolled threw the whole first page and there is like so much OT threads.

I know a few i-clubbers that also agree to this. I think joey should sticky a OT thread and keep all the OT post there. just typing out loud not trying to put anyone down. And more car talk please
I thought this was a new thread. Sorry Jon,I'm over it!!! Three year old thread GEEZ!!
Old 09-04-2008, 02:14 PM

Car Info: MkIII MR2, s14, 94 mx5, 99 mx5. The beauty of rwd.
Originally Posted by Ditchhanger
With the exception of those of us who have been in i-Club since the very beginning, most of you have no idea what this forum and this website started and meant. Yes...there are a lot of off-topic posts and some that I would rather delete than let it start some silly internet argument, but I don't. Why? Because this is a place where everyone can come and express thoughts and idea as a community.
Wow, hearing that from you and fran really brought up old memories, deep stuff...

o/t stuff is always fun though, so long as it doesn't turn into a flame war... I mean, hell, I sit about 20 yards away from 2.5 dohc, but still post up crap to him on the forum... Besides if all this forum was about was hawaii and performance, there would be people saying to move posts to performance, suspension or other forums instead.

And where else would I have time to post up about joey being a sell out.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:22 PM

for the people that say i-club has turned "funny"..

somebody also mentioned they do not acknowledge they are apart of i-club when asked..

i think it's pretty insulting to say IMHO..

http://www.forumshawaii.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=439908
http://www.forumshawaii.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=438996

these two threads were on the first page of a forum i shall not mention out loud for the sake of humanity.

with that said.. let's not overreact people..
Old 09-04-2008, 03:40 PM

Car Info: VW R32 02 WRX
lol, since we are talking about overreacting, I do not know anyone who cries about it.
I think it just makes people sad to hear i club put in the same classification as other clubs when they know it is not true. I think that is all anybody said.

And as an outsider these forums do have a lot of "funny" stuff... you know the dumb cops and all the OMG a girl threads. But if its your entertainment that is your choice.
I think people were just trying to make you aware of how it looks to others and ultimately on the general subaru community.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Yeesh, way to necro this thread.

i-Club's always been about having fun, even before the split with NASIOC (how many of us can honestly say we were all ready here when that happened?). Tech posts stay in the tech sections, local matters go in the local sections, and OT goes in the... local sections (because i-Club OT is t3h 5uX0rZ). If you don't believe me, go visit BAIC or SCIC sometime. It's been like that since the pre-split days, it's been like that through the bugeye days, and it's like that now.

The only reason why we don't see many tech posts anymore is: 1.) Everything that needs to be said about the GC8 and GD series has all ready been covered (a.k.a. "Do a search, n00b!" lol) and 2.) Nobody really knows anything about the '08+ yet.

I don't see what all the bellyaching is about. I thought us HIIC'ers were supposed to be super laid-back or something
Old 09-04-2008, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by UnpimpeD
I think it just makes people sad to hear i club put in the same classification as other clubs when they know it is not true. I think that is all anybody said.
im pretty sure the point i'm making is that the only ones that are putting i-club in this "classification" are you and a few others

unless there is something elsewhere that youve seen i-club being "classified" as rowdy, unruly, and "funny"

if thats the case by all means you were right..

but in anycase.. who cares?
Old 09-04-2008, 04:01 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
well this thread was started in 2005 but definitely was happening before then. it wasn't as bad is it was then till now. Everyone wants an easy button... good news there is one it's called the search button.

who the hell cares what other car clubs think? they'll always be haters in everything. OT will always exist there is no way to get away from it.

Practically everyone that we harass on this board we've met at one point in person.

i-club has always been and probably always will be full of perverts. Ignore it if you're sensitive.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by iNfEk
well this thread was started in 2005 but definitely was happening before then. it wasn't as bad is it was then till now. Everyone wants an easy button... good news there is one it's called the search button.

who the hell cares what other car clubs think? they'll always be haters in everything. OT will always exist there is no way to get away from it.

Practically everyone that we harass on this board we've met at one point in person.

i-club has always been and probably always will be full of perverts. Ignore it if you're sensitive.
I resemble that remark!! What's really funny is this thread got pulled up by someone who rarely meets w/I-Club!! Just Sayin!!!

Quick Reply: Is it me or did...