Is it me or did...

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 02:37 AM

Car Info: 09 xt
i just wanted to comment quickly as well. I am not a subaru elitist, so i can appreciate many cars. This site has changed alot since i became a member, and i was a lurker for many, many months before i registered. I wanted to make sure that when i did decide to register i knew a bit about my car and things. what i didn't know about cars i was more than willing to learn. still am. The point here is that i feel for me, technical info has gone downhill recently, but then when i go on nasioc, sometimes it is a foreign language. I realize than most people especially the noobs (don't take this the wrong way) don't intend to prep their car for any purpose other than the "BLING' factor, or the cool noises that certain parts make. Some of the people don't really want to learn how to drive their car, but please remember that many of us do. There are dues to be paid i guess, and that comes with respect Earned and not given. I have met some of the OLD SKOOL guys, and most of the MID SKOOL guys (for lack of better wording) and have learned a lot from everyone here. HIIC is the tightest car club enthusiast community that i have ever had the pleasure or being in, and i want to continue to be a part of it as long as i enjoy the comeraderie (sp?) of fellow enthusiasts. I guess my comment wasn't as quickly as i had thought, but once i get going, well sometimes it gets long. my .02
Old 06-27-2005, 06:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
you sure sue didn't write this(j/k)...but yeah well put man....
Old 06-27-2005, 08:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Look guys here's what I think.

1. I joined this site to get to know and learn from other guys with the same car.

2. I found out that many of the guys are really quality people and can count some of them as good friends.

3. I learned a lot about my car and have spent many hours wrenching on it...but have always been successful due to the help of other members of this club.

4. I still enjoy the camaraderie that we share here even though a lot of the "core" people have other things going on and can't always make it to meets, events, install days etc.

5. I've seen that the old school guys have somewhat moved away from the brand to explore other fun cars like the s2000, G35 etc....and that's fine because at some point people change. Maybe at one point they wanted a car like the WRX but maybe their bank accounts or families have grown to the point where it is imperrative that they drive something more suited to what they currently need/want. There's a whole bunch of guys that have switched over to their "dream" cars such as the Z06 or Porsches because now they have the means to support those cars.

6. I really think that it's inevitable that a lot of us will leave the Suby scene as our lives change.

7. As the price of used WRXs and STis continue to go down...more young people are able to afford it. Heck you can get an '02 for like $15K - $16K which is around the price point of a Civic. As such, more and more young and inexperienced guys will join our club and will add to the noobing cycle.

...anyways that's all for me...back to work!
Old 07-07-2005, 10:53 AM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
Old 07-07-2005, 12:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
...?
Old 07-07-2005, 02:47 PM

Car Info: 02 wrx
Originally Posted by Imprezer
In other words, quit *****ing. Lolz! j/k
Old 09-03-2008, 09:04 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
I would just like to bump this old thread up. I-club is not the way it use to be. I just scrolled threw the whole first page and there is like so much OT threads.

I know a few i-clubbers that also agree to this. I think joey should sticky a OT thread and keep all the OT post there. just typing out loud not trying to put anyone down. And more car talk please
Old 09-03-2008, 09:17 PM

Car Info: 2006 OBP WRX Wagon & SGM 2.5i wagon
nice bump shaggy.
I know I am sure guilty of starting off topic threads and contributing to them but this is sad and from what I am hearing is really reflecting badly on i club and really therefore the entire subaru community.

You can send my hate mail via PM....
Old 09-03-2008, 09:20 PM

Car Info: Storme..
i think shagg might be referring to the thread i will not name about a devirginization of someTHING..

if i may spoil so nobody is getting the wrong idea.. it IS in fact referring to a first mod done to a car. i dont recall who's idea it was but Joey was there with us after we finished the mod and had the idea for a humor thread.

if that wasnt you were talking about shagg then nvm lol
Old 09-03-2008, 09:27 PM

for years already it's been this way. no way to stop it. oh well.

Last edited by iNfEk; 09-03-2008 at 09:45 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:42 PM

Car Info: 06 2.5i WGN & 06 WRX WGN
Originally Posted by iNfEk
for years already it's been this way. no way to stop it. oh well.
For years other clubs have made fun of i club?
Or do you just not your fun ruined Jon?
Old 09-03-2008, 09:48 PM

either way i don't care. iclub is not the way it was before. so what if they make fun of us i could give a ****. people make the club not other people out side the club. the people that are here now are different and don't care about technical details as they did before. some people on this board find the smallest detail to dwell on.

i get no special deals or discounts for being in iclub, i get no extra recognition nor do i want to do with petty issues that shouldn't make a difference.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by shaggadelic
I would just like to bump this old thread up. I-club is not the way it use to be. I just scrolled threw the whole first page and there is like so much OT threads.

I know a few i-clubbers that also agree to this. I think joey should sticky a OT thread and keep all the OT post there. just typing out loud not trying to put anyone down. And more car talk please
**** don't hate j/k
Old 09-03-2008, 09:49 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
Originally Posted by lostUNCERTAIN
i think shagg might be referring to the thread i will not name about a devirginization of someTHING..

if i may spoil so nobody is getting the wrong idea.. it IS in fact referring to a first mod done to a car. i dont recall who's idea it was but Joey was there with us after we finished the mod and had the idea for a humor thread.

if that wasnt you were talking about shagg then nvm lol
hahaha no pete i was talking about a whole not just one thread and i admit i do it to but i'm not pointing fingers at one thread nor one person.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:58 PM

Car Info: 2006 OBP WRX Wagon & SGM 2.5i wagon
lol, There are a lot of people still interested in the mechanics.. they just don't bother to post since it will be at the bottom in 10 min and then find other clubs to join.
I think what people are saying is that the posts set the tone? Unfortunately this is known as the hub of the subaru community and what gets posted on here reflects on the subaru community as a whole.

Quick Reply: Is it me or did...