Is it me or did...

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by islandx

What really has been getting to me is that there are some people on here that are Subaru eliteists (sp?) Granted this is a Subaru forum but geeze, I remember when this board was full of CAR enthusiasts, people that could appreciate a fine automobile regardless of where it was made or if it was turbo, awd, etc.

Okay then......I'm done.

You mean like 14.1 sec stage 5 STi owners who make fun of 14.8 sec RX-8 owners for buying a slow ****ty car?
Old 06-25-2005, 01:41 AM

Car Info: 2011 White Forester.
Wink Just what I thought...

While I agree that the quality of HIIC threads has gone down from the past, we may be over-reacting a bit. Maybe it's the fact that there are many new Subaru owners out there that don't know much about their cars. We were all in that same position at some point, some longer ago than others. Keeping that in mind, maybe we should be a little more tolerant of the nOObs. Also if you don't like a post, instead of making a post about it why not just ignore it ? Just a thought.

On another note, Recon is a big pain in the butt and a valid topic of discussion. The same goes for sounds, what's wrong with wanting help and or advice on a system ? Some people feel that it's a big waste of money, time, and added weight but so what ? it's not our car it's theirs. To each their own.

Don't get me wrong, there are some LAME posts out there but that's just MY opinion, I don't try and force my beliefs and or life philosophys on others, just offer my 2 cents, take it or leave it.

What really has been getting to me is that there are some people on here that are Subaru eliteists (sp?) Granted this is a Subaru forum but geeze, I remember when this board was full of CAR enthusiasts, people that could appreciate a fine automobile regardless of where it was made or if it was turbo, awd, etc.

Okay then......I'm done.
Nice...
Old 06-25-2005, 02:45 AM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
:banana:

thanks guys...

we maybe over reacting regarding the board but I'm just trying to bring things back to they way it was before (though it probably will never happen) but it's worth a shot.

of course no real technical info just car stuff that people can read and comment on...etc.

Also the senseless posting about installing uppipes/downpipes constantly.. there should be an install day post or something that if they have something to install they post it up in that section and if someone is available to help they'll correspond via pm's or in the thread.

Jon
Old 06-25-2005, 03:29 AM

Car Info: cars
While I agree that the quality of HIIC threads has gone down from the past, we may be over-reacting a bit. Maybe it's the fact that there are many new Subaru owners out there that don't know much about their cars. We were all in that same position at some point, some longer ago than others. Keeping that in mind, maybe we should be a little more tolerant of the nOObs. Also if you don't like a post, instead of making a post about it why not just ignore it ? Just a thought.

On another note, Recon is a big pain in the butt and a valid topic of discussion. The same goes for sounds, what's wrong with wanting help and or advice on a system ? Some people feel that it's a big waste of money, time, and added weight but so what ? it's not our car it's theirs. To each their own.

Don't get me wrong, there are some LAME posts out there but that's just MY opinion, I don't try and force my beliefs and or life philosophys on others, just offer my 2 cents, take it or leave it.

Okay then......I'm done.
i agree completely. i think people should be able to post what they want... this is a public forum. however, for those who do not want to take part in the discussion, just don't respond.
Old 06-25-2005, 05:20 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: none

Okay then......I'm done.
wow steve. i totally agree with you, i was thinking the same thing but i don't like to write long(unless something really gets to me) and im not really good in expressing my feelings(sometimes)...
Old 06-25-2005, 02:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Hrmmm, this thread has made me reconsider defecting to HIIC. Actually, no it hasn't. Yes I just post whored. Whoo BAIC! I luv ya Jon, but only in a platonic way
Old 06-25-2005, 03:32 PM

Car Info: 02 wrx
What really has been getting to me is......
SUPER BIG *** FONT, drama, PW, do-a-search ****'s and blah, blah, blah.... point is we're all irritated by something... either do something about it or get over it.

it's great if u wrench a V8 monster out of a watch, but is this a build-your-own-badass forum? i may not know what gear ratios mean, but i do know righty-tighty, lefty-loosey.

like steve said... some non-car related topics are lame and make me cry over the lost minutes i've spent reading them... and some crack the shi* outta me.

there are basic rules of what not to put on here (and there is NOTHING wrong with IHOP contents!) and i think it takes alotta patience and responsibility to handle what the moderators gotta do. i like how the moderators (joey, greg) pretty much chill until something is waay off.

i misss how it was in the past, i miss the 5th grade & miss mulvihill, i miss the OGs, but the new Gs are cool... and we were all n00bs

jus respect yourself and others... and prioritize. getting bent over this stuff isn't a high priority for me. i'm jus bored right now...
Old 06-25-2005, 05:24 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
Amen Jeff! Amen!!

Jeff and Steve pretty much sum up all my feelings and I should leave it at that. This is a forum, it's not like in real life where you have to listen to what that person had to say... if it doesn't concern you, don't read it. If you find the topic or discussion interesting, post something, maybe you'll help somebody out. You never know.
Old 06-25-2005, 07:49 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by WRX_FLIP
SUPER BIG *** FONT, drama, PW, do-a-search ****'s and blah, blah, blah.... point is we're all irritated by something... either do something about it or get over it.

it's great if u wrench a V8 monster out of a watch, but is this a build-your-own-badass forum? i may not know what gear ratios mean, but i do know righty-tighty, lefty-loosey.

like steve said... some non-car related topics are lame and make me cry over the lost minutes i've spent reading them... and some crack the shi* outta me.

there are basic rules of what not to put on here (and there is NOTHING wrong with IHOP contents!) and i think it takes alotta patience and responsibility to handle what the moderators gotta do. i like how the moderators (joey, greg) pretty much chill until something is waay off.

i misss how it was in the past, i miss the 5th grade & miss mulvihill, i miss the OGs, but the new Gs are cool... and we were all n00bs

jus respect yourself and others... and prioritize. getting bent over this stuff isn't a high priority for me. i'm jus bored right now...
yup pretty much of the time i come on here is when i aint got **** to do(wow that's alot) or just to keep up of what's going on...and i admit i posted some stupid stuff on here and asked myself what the hell did i just do...and there were times i didn't like how somebody reacted to what i posted and got mad over it and posted stupid things back, but now i just learned to ignore it and not even post back....like steve and jeff said pretty much sums it all up...so yeah...and don't worry about car discussion, it will come....

Last edited by de pilipino guy; 06-25-2005 at 07:53 PM.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:03 AM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
One thing I'd suggest for you guys if you are having problems with too many chat threads, is make one Daily OT thread. We do this/did this at ClubWRX, and now AWDPirates.net (CO AWD owners) and I believe the Sac group does it too. That way, you have one large chat thread per day, cuts down on all the crap, and when everyones posting in the same thing you get some damn funny stuff.
-Jeff
Old 06-26-2005, 08:21 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
The reason I got so addicted to this forum was because there were/are a lot of folks who I'd met that had something to say. There were quite a lot of inane, chitty-chatty posts (mostly by me) but they were written by folks who were trying to educate, inform, interest, or just communicate.

I can't comment on any PW threads nowadays because I don't open them.

Admittedly, many of the 'tech' threads I see on here nowadays are towards 'which bolt-on this or that should I get?' or 'I just bought the VividRacing CAI and it makes my car pull like mad'; I don't really read too many of them neither.

I am probably on my way out, but I just wanted to say that the allure of the HIIC used to be for me a place where you could keep in contact with a buttload of awesome folks who shared a fanatacism for a particular hobby that I was a fanatic about.

Think of it from this standpoint. Has anyone ever stumbled across the alt.autos.subaru newsgroup? It's frequented by many owners of all types of Subarus. There are a lot of questions in there about seat warmers and Outback tyre choices and 99 Forester air vents. There is no propensity for any sort of streamlining of their threads.

If you have a group of folks who are fanatic about the Olds 442 who band together in an online forum vs. a group of folks who stumble across a BBS for all things oldsmobile, there will be a great distinction b/w the types of discussions occuring.

Now, not to say that this particular forums isn't specific in that it isn't mostly impreza, but the folks in here nowadays are as varied as can be with regards to what their car means to them, be it Impreza, Forester, or Legacy. It's just that it used to be that most everyone in here was generally of one mind; improving their Subaru (mainly Impreza, due to the XT and GT not being released yet) along the lines of suspension for trackdays/autox or their power for drag racing, or both for Tantalus. There were no streetracers, although without fail, everyone drove the **** out of their cars ever second they were behind the wheel.

Now, the explanation for where the forum is is as simple as one word; evolution. Things change. People come and go. Tastes change. Culture changes. It was pretty obvious that the 'old' crew wasn't very lenient towards those posters who were curious about which BOV, which CAI, how many 'kills' they had last night.... Was that right? Well, there's no right or wrong answer, but it was just the way it was.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:07 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
The general knowledge factor is now much higher than it was before. People now know a lot more than they did before. Also, Subaru crowd tends to be the more educated bunch, so people don't always ask questions if they need the answer. And, of course, most of the questions have been answered already so people search this or other sites for answers.

Then, of course, i-Club is more than just a car site. It is place for friends to communicate with each other on a daily basis. God, I myself have so many friends here it is not even funny.

So, whatever is happening on this site, I see as a natural evolution of the stereotypical "Car Club Message Board Site". It is only natural.

On the side note, traffic, bandwidth and member #'s have been steady growing at about 10% each month. Noise level is very low. Stupidity level is pretty low. What else can I wish for? More regional representation.

Overall, I am really happy with where i-Club is at right now and where it is heading to. I have always been the innovator when it comes to i-Club and I don't mind being one of the first car club sites to evolve into something completely new and unknown. I am not scared of this change.

In other words, quit *****ing. Lolz! j/k
Old 06-26-2005, 02:31 PM

Car Info: your mom.
^^^
true - with all the new members constantly jumping on board, there's a lot less stupid questions than you'd expect. haven't seen a 'just got my rex, what BOV should i get for my first mod?'

and on another note, Imprezer - what's up with them banner results?
:banana:
Old 06-26-2005, 02:57 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Imprezer
The general knowledge factor is now much higher than it was before. People now know a lot more than they did before. Also, Subaru crowd tends to be the more educated bunch, so people don't always ask questions if they need the answer. And, of course, most of the questions have been answered already so people search this or other sites for answers.

Then, of course, i-Club is more than just a car site. It is place for friends to communicate with each other on a daily basis. God, I myself have so many friends here it is not even funny.

So, whatever is happening on this site, I see as a natural evolution of the stereotypical "Car Club Message Board Site". It is only natural.

On the side note, traffic, bandwidth and member #'s have been steady growing at about 10% each month. Noise level is very low. Stupidity level is pretty low. What else can I wish for? More regional representation.

Overall, I am really happy with where i-Club is at right now and where it is heading to. I have always been the innovator when it comes to i-Club and I don't mind being one of the first car club sites to evolve into something completely new and unknown. I am not scared of this change.

In other words, quit *****ing. Lolz! j/k
well put....
Old 06-26-2005, 11:32 PM

Car Info: 02 RS
i too have been following this forum from the days before the great divide of websites. i'd have to say yeah things have really changed. but then again there are alot more people with different interests instead of the original hardcore adventurous people who decided to get a subaru and be the pioneers on modifying the car to what everyone bases their rides on today. like what everyone else has side there is so much knowledge out there now this these forums would be alittle slow with people just saying use the search button to find the answer to your car question. i’d say everyone just watch what you post and don’t like this site get way out of hand.

-brento

Quick Reply: Is it me or did...