Is it me or did...

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 07:26 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
Originally Posted by bpang1
Dear Diary,

Today I ate a poptart for breakfast. Followed it up with reading Jon's post about people using i-Club as a diary. My favorite color is red.
I thought it was PINK for pink sock?

Jon
Old 06-24-2005, 07:28 PM

Car Info: 2008 Legacy 3.0R 3L H-6 RIP :( Hello 09 FXT!
some of the noobs don't know much about their car so therfore they don't post about tech. stuff....they post about 'dear diary, ___'.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:29 PM

Car Info: 2008 Legacy 3.0R 3L H-6 RIP :( Hello 09 FXT!
plus PW
Old 06-24-2005, 07:48 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by iNfEk
I own an STI now and I say I don't race but people see me all over speeding and driving recklessly and racing other people... I guess I do it because It's black and no one will be able to see me at night...
You just have to add that one in didn't you?
Old 06-24-2005, 07:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Hey BTW...I have a really in depth "ongoing project" in said section of the forums so I did contribute something car'ish.

:banana: for me!
Old 06-24-2005, 08:00 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
I have been on hear since the I-Club started (2002). Everyone from the HIIC forum followed Alex when he started this site. And yes Jon most of the guys who actually did "REAL" work on cars are gone and most of them no longer own a Suby me included. But I feel all the uneeded post are wasting space although we can't talk about working on our cars all the time but there are a lot of post that are totally useless. I always been more than happy to help others work on their cars as long they do most or some work themselves now sometimes I just jump in and do it for them but thats my choice. I think there are lot og people on here that have no idea how to really work on a car. Really how many guys on here have rebuilt a engine by themselves from top to bottom? Anybody can bolt on after market parts or pay somebody else to do it and I understand there are certain things that should be left to the pro's. When has there been a real install day? Last one I went to that I consider a install day was when 1tyme, me and his neighbor installed his turbo, and all the other parts..If somebody feels like installing parts my house is always open of course as long as it is a day off of mine. And Jon me you and Dan need to get together before I leave..
Old 06-24-2005, 08:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
BTW gang...my mouth is totally numb from novacaine as I went to the dentist today and it sucked *****.

Oh and yes Jon it is just you...now know you role and prepare to spoon!
Old 06-24-2005, 09:58 PM

And once again another useless post just what he's talking about..
Old 06-24-2005, 10:30 PM

Car Info: your mom.
Originally Posted by silver satin
I have been on hear since the I-Club started (2002).
i-club has been around longer than 02...unless you're referring to joining after the i-club/nasioc split.

i agree that HIIC has a lot of small talk. coming from the tri-state section of nasioc, where a lot(not all) of the posts were and still are about meets, installs, spotted's, and trackdays - it's 'friendly' here. while i went to a bunch of events in the east, i didn't really hangout with them the way i do here.

both sides are valid - there's a lot of WTF threads; but those are the threads that keep the HIIC forum moving.

just my two cents. if ya don't like it, we can agree to disagree.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:36 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
Talking

i feel ya too but then again there are ppls like me that don't have money to make all these nice projects like the rest of u guys "yet".... some people are the type that come on these boards to releave stress from there lives......then u got the spammers....... but then again who hear can honestly say they haven't put up a noob post about something.. but but 04sleeper, 808impreserRS and i had this same talk the other day thats its just not how it was like a cpl of yrs back.. and yes i've been on these boards for about 2 yrs tho still a noob. but u knw what jon threw out the yrs the ppls who come and talk about nothing or talk about racing have come and gone. damn at one but i just stoped posting cause it was soo differnt. but hey the guys that i knew from when i joined are mostly still here. tho they kinda stoped posting i see them on for a while and they are the ones that helped me like these boards and as long as they don't leave these boards will always swing back on track.

but hey some of the small threads are fun to read

Last edited by shaggadelic; 06-24-2005 at 10:38 PM.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:38 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
Originally Posted by hangbot
i-club has been around longer than 02...unless you're referring to joining after the i-club/nasioc split.

i agree that HIIC has a lot of small talk. coming from the tri-state section of nasioc, where a lot(not all) of the posts were and still are about meets, installs, spotted's, and trackdays - it's 'friendly' here. while i went to a bunch of events in the east, i didn't really hangout with them the way i do here.

both sides are valid - there's a lot of WTF threads; but those are the threads that keep the HIIC forum moving.

just my two cents. if ya don't like it, we can agree to disagree.
i agree with ya man u need both cars and small talk
Old 06-24-2005, 11:22 PM

Actually in 2002 is when I re-registered after moving here I was on NASIOC and migrated to I-Club when it started.. And before some ****ing ******* starts digging I have posted stupid post before I am guilty also

Last edited by silver satin; 06-24-2005 at 11:25 PM.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:39 PM

Car Info: cars
^^^i have also posted some stupid stuff, however, i agree that things are moving away from automotive talk. this is exactly why i post less now.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:54 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
one thing i have noticed in regards to the PW threads or "useless" threads.......

the threads i have seen are between friends who enjoy each others company.... grant it the old school guy's are not exactly in this new "circle of friends". for those who remember when i 1st got on i actually got put on "timeout" for 30 days because of my useless posts..... but if i recall i tried jumping in on some threads that i thought were "useless" posts.. but in fact were between a different circle- that of which i was not a part of....

now i may not know how to rebuild an engine or had the "experience" of basic wrenching(shut up ty!)... but i just wasn't brought up that way... i was always into sports... and cars were somewhat distant to me.... but that has nothing to say of my love and devotion of these cars.... when my family, career, ministry commitments and investment ventures allow me time for MYSELF(which means hobbies) then i can devote more time into my car and learning how to improve it.

i do miss some of the tech stuff(very very interesting btw... like the origin of tranny grenadier) that gpat, mach5, dom posted up.... but those old farts are of a different circle and are moving on.

hangbot put up a very good point.... no disrespect to rich... but no one seems to complain about his house.... which 98% has nothing to do with cars...... but since it has some T&A..... its seems that no one complains ....
i have none either except now i feel like sometimes he tries to sneak a lil nipple here and there (which we have to move btw)

jon, this is a good thread and hopefully encourages some positive results.....

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 06-25-2005, 12:02 AM

While I agree that the quality of HIIC threads has gone down from the past, we may be over-reacting a bit. Maybe it's the fact that there are many new Subaru owners out there that don't know much about their cars. We were all in that same position at some point, some longer ago than others. Keeping that in mind, maybe we should be a little more tolerant of the nOObs. Also if you don't like a post, instead of making a post about it why not just ignore it ? Just a thought.

On another note, Recon is a big pain in the butt and a valid topic of discussion. The same goes for sounds, what's wrong with wanting help and or advice on a system ? Some people feel that it's a big waste of money, time, and added weight but so what ? it's not our car it's theirs. To each their own.

Don't get me wrong, there are some LAME posts out there but that's just MY opinion, I don't try and force my beliefs and or life philosophys on others, just offer my 2 cents, take it or leave it.

What really has been getting to me is that there are some people on here that are Subaru eliteists (sp?) Granted this is a Subaru forum but geeze, I remember when this board was full of CAR enthusiasts, people that could appreciate a fine automobile regardless of where it was made or if it was turbo, awd, etc.

Okay then......I'm done.

Quick Reply: Is it me or did...