Maui I-Clubbers.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 11:42 AM

Car Info: 2004sti
Wink

Thanks Ed , I realized I forgot it after I left . I'll pick it up I geuss at the car show gathering thanks . Oh yeah , your first run was insane I got slammed back into the seat several times ! hey , guys come on down and check-it out the scca next month ...............
Old 03-27-2006, 05:59 PM

Thumbs up

Hey , allen if you're online pm me your user-name . Yo , peter what's up you missed out this weekend . Got to take a tour in Ed's scooby . One killer ride . It was like a bloody rollercoaster . Yee-Haw .............................
Old 03-27-2006, 06:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
Originally Posted by Risk3233
The Mini Cooper-S got me by .79 of a second. Oh well... At least I don't have that much to make up. Keoki, our time during the first fun-run would have beating the Mini by over half a second. I guess, I need to push the car harder during competition.

As for drifting an AWD STi. It is possible. Ask Keoki. We got all 4 tires parallel drifting on the track and still got it under control.

SCCA Solo 2 driving is all about the driver - it's 90% driver and 10% car.

I want to encourage all Maui Subaru owners to drive at our Maui SCCA events to truly test your car control.

BTW, Keoki, you left your cap in my car. LMK when you can get it.

Aloha,

Ed
you be amaze, i also try to encourage subaru owners here in Oahu to test out their car control, but they ***** out, so i just stop trying...plus it's really fun...i even put a one month notice and guess what, not that much replies...i guess their scared or just baby their car....oh well....
Old 03-27-2006, 06:40 PM

Thumbs up

I can see the scared part . So many things happen at once , braking , accelarting , cornering . It's a rush . I'm going to put on that 3-m protector before I try it . I won't be as fast as ed but , it looks fun . Watching an sti pull thru that track is amazing .
Old 03-27-2006, 09:35 PM

Car Info: STi (cornering, accelerating and braking hard).
Actually, I can understand the nervousness/apprehension. Most people/drivers don't realize what's involved in being successful in SCCA events. Most people think that if they're pretty good drivers on the street, then they can drive well in Solo 2. It's not quite that easy.

However, as long as your main goal is to just go out and scrub some tires and have fun, then you won't put so much pressure on yourself and your driving.

The Maui SCCA is such a small and close knit group that we really don't have the competitive atmosphere of larger regions. It's all about improving your driving and having fun.

I guarantee that if a driver sticks with driving SCCA Solo 2 events long enough, their driving will improve. That's a guarantee.

The STi is such a capable car and is clearly at home on the SCCA race tracks. The car was designed to accelerate, brake and turn with some of the best cars on the road. I've got nothing against drag racing, but that really only tests one aspect of the STi (acceleration). What about the braking and turning???
Old 03-27-2006, 10:57 PM

Thumbs up

The impression I got from the maui scca group was a bunch of individuals trying to push their cars abilities while having a blast at the same time . Everyone was very freindly and informative . It was a fun enviorment to be around . It was very different from drag racing less ego more trying to hone your driving techniques .
Old 03-29-2006, 02:20 AM

Car Info: 2004 Silver Jetta TDI
Hey all, guess a few of you guys made it down to the track on Sunday. I had a blast. Hopefully more people will show next month.

-Evan
Old 03-29-2006, 04:54 PM

Talking

Evan did you run the jetta ? I think I saw you run . I was talking to Ed got to try the fun run . It was a blast ! Maybe I'll meet you at the next event . Peace out .................
Old 03-29-2006, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by turtle-speed
Evan did you run the jetta ? I think I saw you run . I was talking to Ed got to try the fun run . It was a blast ! Maybe I'll meet you at the next event . Peace out .................
Yeah, that was me. The silver TDI. Hope to meet you guys next time. Maybe we can exchange numbers first or something. Have a good one

-Evan
Old 03-29-2006, 10:38 PM

Thumbs up

Sure , no problem . I'll try and get a couple more guy's to show-up .
Old 03-30-2006, 04:31 AM

Hey, in case anyone's interested. I posted a few pics that a friend took from Sunday. They're at http://auto-x.big-ecarputer.com have at 'em. and have a good one

-Evan
Old 03-30-2006, 11:34 AM

Thumbs up

Right on , thanks for sharing pic's of the afternoon run .
Old 04-03-2006, 11:56 PM

Smile Car show 14th and 15th

Anybody have an idea if we're meeting-up for the car show on the 14th and 15th ? Any specific's of days agenda ? I believe Ed will be at the show already for the scca booth . Fire back any idea's , also factor in parking will be pretty tight , last year I ended parking near the bank of hawaii . thanks ................
Old 04-04-2006, 12:10 AM

Car Info: STi (cornering, accelerating and braking hard).
Wink

My car will be in the Maui SCCA vendor booth...so I'll be at the show early Friday evening and stay pretty late Saturday so I can get my car out.

I should have a few surprises for you guys when you see my car in our booth.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:16 AM

Car Info: monster truck
I dunno.. I deicided not to enter the show this year bcuz my cars nothing special, but definately next year i'll be in there .. So Yeah i'm up for a GTG or a cruise before the show... or whatever..

Quick Reply: Maui I-Clubbers.