Maui I-Clubbers.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 12:27 PM

Car Info: 2004sti
Wink Had fun granny shifting

Oh yeah , I forgot I still had fun ! I'm not very good at drag racing my buddies harrased me about my granny shifting . What can I say I care too much about my car to trash it but sure feel's good to let loose on the track . Step #2 need to work on my shifting within reason of course .
Old 03-19-2006, 09:31 PM

Car Info: 2004 STi
I came very close to running at the drags. My friend came from the mainland and we spent all day tuning my car. We drove to my house to get my gear and checked the fluids and noticed some oil coming out of the BOV, then looked at the catch can and noticed it half full. Bummer..... blew a ring. It was puffing a little smoke prior tuning but thought the turbo drain might have been kinked a little, nope. The car still pulled incredibly strong (prior noticing trouble, now babying it). Now to order a short block to build it bullet proof along w/ a new clutch since the engine will be out. Maybe next drags? Hope to catch you all at the next meet.

Laters
Old 03-19-2006, 09:55 PM

Bummer ! I bet you would've pulled some killer times with your car Keoni . I'll be there next drag's working on my shifting during test and tune on saturday . Maybe , I'll run qualifying only on friday . see ya .....
Old 03-20-2006, 03:17 AM

Car Info: 2002 Black WRX
WTF!!! I was going home from work after 12 pm, when I passed the drags, a blue Sti came out of the drags with a couple of celicas and was going my way. When we reached the double lanes the Sti came along side me and wanted to race. I wasn't about to race him on the highway and get busted. I tried to see who he was, but he kept looking forward. So he stepped the gas, went in front of me and called out a red tricked out EVO. But the EVO didn't want to race him either. You guys know who this "KID" is. He makes the Subie community look bad.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:31 AM

Angry

He was at the drag's that night Donald , matched up against me . Looks like he just bought his car . Young kid hanging with a celica that red lighted and a couple of honda's . I was going to go over and talk to them but , they looked like they had a little click . Brother with that blue sti if you're on I-club i know what you look like ! Sorry about that happenning to you Donald . If I see them at next drag's I'll give them a hell ! OH , yeah blue sti owner I was only testing and tuning my car you'll know when I get sertious !
Old 03-21-2006, 01:35 AM

Car Info: monster truck
was he a small guy? i think i might know who that is... i know of a few guys who have blue STi's..and all of them would have done something stupid like this... no coincidence that they all happen to be under 25 and filipino...
Old 03-21-2006, 03:03 AM

Skip , they were parked on backside across from the old souvenir and snack stand , A couple celica's and the blue sti on friday . They also went to drags on saturday passed him going opposite direction when I was heading home from the raceway park . A bunch of young local kid's they would be hard to miss a sti and a blue celica with ground's .
Old 03-21-2006, 03:37 PM

Car Info: monster truck
Originally Posted by turtle-speed
Skip , they were parked on backside across from the old souvenir and snack stand , A couple celica's and the blue sti on friday . They also went to drags on saturday passed him going opposite direction when I was heading home from the raceway park . A bunch of young local kid's they would be hard to miss a sti and a blue celica with ground's .

ahh yes... i know who your talking about now.... I eliminated that blue celica friday night... that cars boosted with nitrous... and i think the fastest he went was a 14.5.....
Old 03-21-2006, 07:24 PM

Thumbs up

Consistancy ! Good for you brother . I gotta work on my consistancy I've all kind's of time's . I know I should be hitting 13's but my shifting need's to be worked on . I just gotta stop driving the car like a honda . Later's .......
Old 03-21-2006, 08:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Skip
was he a small guy? i think i might know who that is... i know of a few guys who have blue STi's..and all of them would have done something stupid like this... no coincidence that they all happen to be under 25 and filipino...
whoa, what's that suppose to mean? NOT ALL BUDDY...
Old 03-21-2006, 11:39 PM

Car Info: '04 STi
Originally Posted by de pilipino guy
whoa, what's that suppose to mean? NOT ALL BUDDY...
Ading, I wholeheartedly agree...lets not make this a racial thing...wakata?!
Old 03-22-2006, 12:44 AM

Wink

Agree on that no racial slur's . They were just a bunch of young kid's . I'm filipino too . Sorry about that guy's ......
Old 03-22-2006, 10:11 AM

Car Info: STi (cornering, accelerating and braking hard).
Red face

I agree that it probably has more to do with youth and less to do with ethnicity.

BTW I'm full Filipino and I happen to be president of our local SCCA chapter as well as a licensed attorney.

However, I'm probably old enough to be these guys father.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:25 AM

Talking

Hey , you're like wine you get better with age . Peace.......
Old 03-22-2006, 11:54 AM

Car Info: 02 wrx
Originally Posted by Risk3233
I agree that it probably has more to do with youth and less to do with ethnicity.

BTW I'm full Filipino and I happen to be president of our local SCCA chapter as well as a licensed attorney.

However, I'm probably old enough to be these guys father.
so you're Jay's brother. i met u at a scca event here. i'm erron's bro (jay's friend)

i'm hoping the ferry works out ok and we can do some scca events over there.

Quick Reply: Maui I-Clubbers.