Looking for a good Mechanic

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 12:52 PM

Car Info: 02 wrx
Originally Posted by 04silverWRXSTI
Ryan now works at Pacific Automotive and Performance on Ilanwai St., Ken's place, I saw him there the other day and I was kinda freaked out by it.
thanks for the heads up... ryan is a good mechanic all around... and where's ed ?
Old 03-06-2008, 01:01 PM

Car Info: 2011 White Forester.
Originally Posted by Deraj_53
Ah, I've been there once for an alignment. Nice guy Ken his shop is really crammed in that alley though.
x 2, good!
Old 03-08-2008, 09:25 PM

Car Info: 05 Aspen White STi 02 PSM Bugeye RIP
honestly guys, ive gotta say- i have no idea why vokamon has such a following in the community.

ive dealt with them twice , both times were negative

they completely failed with my friends RA tranny.. it leaks a quart of fluild a day, grinds like crazy and they refuse to rebuild it even though they built it from brand new parts.

also, they blew me off for 2 appts.

they dont deserve any of our business.

two thumbs down for vokamon. i'll never go there again.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:28 PM

Car Info: Genesis Coupe - Karussell White 2.0T Track Model
Ryan now works at Pacific Automotive and Performance on Ilanwai St., Ken's place, I saw him there the other day and I was kinda freaked out by it.
NO FREEEKIN way! I'm gonna need to go there. WOW!
Old 03-09-2008, 12:15 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
Originally Posted by BugeyeMilo
honestly guys, ive gotta say- i have no idea why vokamon has such a following in the community.

they completely failed with my friends RA tranny.. it leaks a quart of fluild a day, grinds like crazy and they refuse to rebuild it even though they built it from brand new parts.

who have you dealt with personally? i have always had positive experiences with Ryan and Farid.......
Old 03-09-2008, 12:27 AM

Car Info: 2008 Mercedes E350
Everytime i went to Vakamon, Farid was like never there, I dont think he even goes to his shop anymore?
Old 03-09-2008, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by tazer
NO FREEEKIN way! I'm gonna need to go there. WOW!
Yea thats what I told Ken, your place is about to get a lot busier after everyone finds out Ryan works here now, lol
Old 03-09-2008, 12:35 AM

Car Info: 03 wrx vf34 281hp/276tq
Not to rag but i gotta be honest. Ryan made Vakamon and it was only cause he is such a great guy. he is a great mechanic but more importantly he always made time to help you out even if he was in the middle of something. the rest of the guys just look at you funny and blow you off if they dont know you. thats my personal experience anyway...
Old 03-09-2008, 01:03 AM

Well I went to Vakamon quite a few times to buy parts or get stuff on my car installed and talked to most of the guys who worked there after awhile, but Ryan was the one who worked on my car and hes a good mechanic and I like his handmanship so I'm following him to Pacific Automotive
Old 03-09-2008, 10:01 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
Everytime i went to Vakamon, Farid was like never there, I dont think he even goes to his shop anymore?
Farid from my understanding doesn't own Vakamon anymore...not sure of the details
Old 03-09-2008, 11:03 AM

Car Info: 2004 STI
Originally Posted by austinp02
Not to rag but i gotta be honest. Ryan made Vakamon and it was only cause he is such a great guy. he is a great mechanic but more importantly he always made time to help you out even if he was in the middle of something. the rest of the guys just look at you funny and blow you off if they dont know you. thats my personal experience anyway...
IMO-
Mike's correct, Ryan will make time for you whether you know him or not (he's also a very humble guy). Other automotive centers will see you as $$ and does the very least to resolve an issue, while trying to see how they can charge you more.
Ryan truly loves his craft (and is a true Subaru master mechanic, although he won't admit it) and the I-Club community. If you're still unsure about a "good" mechanic, meet Ryan. You won't be disappointed.

Aloha
Dan

Last edited by ojichan sti; 03-09-2008 at 11:12 AM.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:08 AM

Does anyone know if Ryan still has his yellow S2K or if he sold it yet?
Old 03-09-2008, 12:57 PM

Car Info: 04 sti now pulling hard but super greasy!!
Originally Posted by ojichan sti
IMO-
Mike's correct, Ryan will make time for you whether you know him or not (he's also a very humble guy). Other automotive centers will see you as $$ and does the very least to resolve an issue, while trying to see how they can charge you more.
Ryan truly loves his craft (and is a true Subaru master mechanic, although he won't admit it) and the I-Club community. If you're still unsure about a "good" mechanic, meet Ryan. You won't be disappointed.

Aloha
Dan
yeah i went in to vakamon to price some parts and see what its like as i dont trust anyone to work on my car(except brad lol) and kind of got the cold shoulder from everyone except a young guy who worked there dont know his name but he was nice and said to come back and talk to ryan so i did and met ryan and was verry happy with the taking time to see what i wanted and also he was happy to give me advise as to what to run imo ryan was one of the best "shop people" ive ever dealt with great attitude very humble type of personality and to me that goes a long way therefore if there is anyone I would go see to do work on my car in a shop environment it would definately be ryan and wherever he works at
Old 03-12-2008, 06:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1996 STI V3 Type RA
Originally Posted by BugeyeMilo

Does Farid still run and own Vakamon?
Old 03-12-2008, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by keirnna
Does Farid still run and own Vakamon?
4080wrx says he doesnt anymore, thats why Ryan and Junior quit Vakamon, it was under new management and they were underpaid or something like that

Quick Reply: Looking for a good Mechanic