Lesson learned....tickets !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 11:16 AM

Car Info: 02' wrb wrx w/ RGII
Thumbs down Busted...Lesson Learned....tickets !!!!!

in regards to the numerous post about getting busted by cops for recon n what not i was always the one to say i've been lucky to not be hassled by them (so i thought)...

my wrx has illegal tint,coils(tucked),cf, no front license plate(wrx license delete), and of course the damm Advan RGIIs stick out like a damm sore thumb..

needless to say last night i was in for a big suprise...after havin a few with friends @ Maitais we decide to head to DnBizzy to meet up with other friends. Im leavin the area wit my bro and on piikoi about to make that right on ala moana blvd, caught the light before which has a camaro cop in front of me, im driving normal considering. we proceed to next light where you can make a right after a complete stop, the cop takes off, i follow after coming to a complete stop, i was doing about 40 (yah 35 limit) he turns off on queen, and i proceed to dnb parking lot. I noticed a blue/white cop car following me, im like WTF !!..so i park n before i shut off my engine he hops out and ask if i was in a hurry ?? i said no sir howcome ?, he said i was speeding and tailgating the cop in front of me..i was like hmm i dont recall. so ask for my license n usuall stuff. takes about 20 min before he comes back n said roll up ur WINDOWS !!!..DAMM...I ROLL IT UP N HE HAS A TINT METER !!...another 10 min late comes back and this is the results:

Ticketed for the following :

HRS 286-85 - NO RECON. $70
I HAD A RECON STICKER FROM WHEN I BOUGHT THE CAR BUT DIDNT HAVE PAPERS ( YES DUMB OF ME) SO I HAD TO SCRAPE IT OFF.

HRS 291-21.5 A - TINTED GLAZED GLASS $ 287 PER
TINT METER READ 9%.. I WAS LIKE I ONLY HAVE 5%.
HE SAID HE'LL BE NICE AND SLAMM ME WITH 1 WINDOW ONLY.

HRS 291C-101 BASIC SPEED RULE $97
HE SAID I WAS DOING 50MPH IN A 35. HMM

IM NOT COMPLAINING AT ALL, MY FAULT, MY LESSON LEARNED. I THOUGHT ID SHARE WITH EVERYONE..

I guess the only upside is i did get that cute girl's number @ maitais n another one @ dnbizzy !!!!..lol

1 question for those of you that got a tint ticket what actions have you taken ?. by having the tint removed n a reciept of it will that dissmiss the fee for that ?. im assuming you'll have to show up in court for that one ?.. pls pm me i have questions..

thanks

nev

Last edited by hayn_wrx; 04-09-2009 at 11:56 AM.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:28 AM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
the basic speed rule is a BS ticket. means he did pace you long enough to get an accurate reading. if i remember correctly its a $97 fine. everyone i know that got that can got it thrown out. it like "i notice you were going fast but im not sure how fast but here is a ticket" b/c if you were going 50 in a 35 you would of got a reg ticket for 15mph over which is prob like $150
Old 04-09-2009, 12:52 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
i sent you a pm back btw i forgot to mention write in a statement first and if they deny it then request for a court date after
Old 04-09-2009, 01:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Tinted glass you're just straight screwed...no way of getting around that one unless you can prove the meter was wrong.

Recon you can possibly get out of if you go in good faith to the recon place with your car setup the way it is and pass...then you can show to the judge that your car was legal you just didn't have the paperwork. That's how I got out of my recon ticket...then again my car easily passed recon and your's might not because of the suspension and the tint.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:23 PM

yah tint im just payin for it n getting legal tint....

as for recon i called them if the hood states its for off-road use only they will not issue recon..so im screwed...

how did ya'll with cf hoods pass recon ? take it off n put it back after ?..haha
Old 04-09-2009, 01:30 PM

Car Info: grandmas car
my del sol passed with my vis cf hood...yeah, i just ripped the sticker off i got pulled over in my sol & the cop was nice enough to look under the car & tell me i had no bumper supports. he took my safety away. because my recon appt wasnt till after my court date, i believe i still had to pay some of that ticket. i forget already...was years ago.
i got pulled over twice yesterday....i was lucky i almost lost my car....
Old 04-09-2009, 01:38 PM

good idea..i'll take off the sticker...lol...i looked under the hood and saw it WARNING FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY..

my hood is also a VIS cf hood...

wow really ? 2x..damm...

nev
Old 04-09-2009, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by hayn_wrx
good idea..i'll take off the sticker...lol...i looked under the hood and saw it WARNING FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY..

my hood is also a VIS cf hood...

wow really ? 2x..damm...

nev
yeah, kinda...well the 1st time was like abuse of power kind...i was driving to work. in mauka, the freeway onramp people always trying to cut in at the last min...this blue suv tried to cut in & i didnt let him heheh.....he got in back of me & i saw flashing lights...i was like wth great...so i pulled over...but he just wanted me to pull over so he could cut me off, LOL...so i just went on my way...when he got on the freeway i saw him fly away hahaha. second time was all my fault. passenger told me i shouldnt...but i small kind opened it up...anyway, cop was super pissed & wanted to jail me & take my car away......he said my dad used to be his boss when he was a rookie...so he called my dad & told him what happened. i was kinda debating if i would of been better off in jail...LOL.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:08 PM

Car Info: 03 wrx [enter name here]
i thought for something like speeding they couldnt ticket you unless you got tagged with radar..cause anyone can say you were going 50mph but there is no physical proof that you were going 50mph..as for tint yeahhhhh........
Old 04-09-2009, 02:15 PM

Car Info: camber toe
Originally Posted by hayn_wrx

IM NOT COMPLAINING AT ALL, MY FAULT, MY LESSON LEARNED. I THOUGHT ID SHARE WITH EVERYONE..

I guess the only upside is i did get that cute girl's number @ maitais n another one @ dnbizzy !!!!..lol
^Grown man handles, Man Up! I would of done the same being poised and calm

^^Ooowwwweeee! Nev you Cat Daddy. I was there also @ D&B's

Originally Posted by dysfunctnl doll
i was kinda debating if i would of been better off in jail...LOL.
You've been really naughty. Time to repent your sins.......or is it just the new setup in your car that's been sinful?????
Old 04-09-2009, 02:22 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX "Wagon"
THAT Sucks Bro.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:34 PM

You've been really naughty. Time to repent your sins.......or is it just the new setup in your car that's been sinful?????[/QUOTE]

LOL....shes got a mind of her own hahaha
Old 04-09-2009, 03:01 PM

Car Info: camber toe
Originally Posted by dysfunctnl doll
You've been really naughty. Time to repent your sins.......or is it just the new setup in your car that's been sinful?????
LOL....shes got a mind of her own hahaha[/quote]

let me get this straight.

your car's gender is considered a "SHE"......

you drive it, while you ride it......

and "SHE'S" got a imagination of monsterous abilities......

that's not sinful, that's female on female. HAHAHA kinky!!!!!
Old 04-09-2009, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by pimpsawse
LOL....shes got a mind of her own hahaha
let me get this straight.

your car's gender is considered a "SHE"......

you drive it, while you ride it......

and "SHE'S" got a imagination of monsterous abilities......

that's not sinful, that's female on female. HAHAHA kinky!!!!![/QUOTE]

thats my *****! hahaha.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:31 PM

Car Info: 07STI
that 35 must be pretty mean

Quick Reply: Lesson learned....tickets !!!!!