Last auto-x of the year, and last on stock struts/springs

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 03:07 AM

Car Info: '97 Legacy 2.5GT sedan
Smile Last auto-x of the year, and last on stock struts/springs

I'll be home visiting family for Xmas when the next event rolls around, so this weekend's event was my last for '03. Good to finish my year with a win. Also good that Gene Van Orman chose not to run in SM for whatever reason today, because he would have beat my *** - down in the 58s!

The Koni insert/GC coil-over setup is basically fully assembled. I need to hit the strut tops with an impact wrech at the Hobby Shop and then they'll be good to go. I was hoping to have them installed for this event, but it just didn't work out. I'm looking forward to testing the setup out in January, and maybe at a track day before that if one rolls around and I'm in town.

Pat Olsen
'97 Legacy 2.5GT sedan
Old 11-30-2003, 08:19 AM

Actually you are thinking about Ken Van Orman who I believe is Gene's son. Gene didn't come out this month.

Congrads on being the fast Subie 2 months in a row!
Old 11-30-2003, 11:44 AM

Car Info: '97 Legacy 2.5GT sedan
Ahhh, thanks for the clarification.

Oh, I'm hoping the new year will bring me some better organization skills. After showing up a bit early, I went back home because I had forgotten a little allen wrench that I needed in order to setup my Cone Cam www.conecam.com on the car. Of course I then got back to the track late, so I didn't have any time to set the camera up. That's two months in a row now! Last month I had forgotten the same damn allen wrench, plus one of the cables, so I drove about 90% of the way home and then realized my house key was sitting in my backpack back at the track! I really want to get some footage (like this one I did in Connecticut - http://www.submariner.org/thepno95/V...m_no_sound.mpg (5.2MB)).

Pat