laser jammer

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 07:38 PM

Car Info: '04 STi
Question laser jammer

Hey guys, I have a laser jammer installed. I was just wondering if there is anyway I can test it. Any ideas? (Besides speeding around and seeing if I get ticketed or not.)
Old 07-19-2005, 08:02 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Wagon JAVA BLACK PEARL
go the speed limit and there will be no question of wheter or not it works!

you have pm...
Old 07-19-2005, 08:07 PM

also having a laser is not the only way an officer can cite you if im not mistaken. a citation can be issued with no "proof" from a laser stating that the "vehicle was traveling in excess of the posted speed limit" HPD guys correct me if im wrong but this is how we do it on base. and these tickets hold in court just based on the officers observations im sure.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:07 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
Hey Dale. Would you happen to know any ***REALLY*** cool cops here who would be willing to help you test out your new gadget?

I figure, drive by them at some legal speed and see if they get a reading.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:31 PM

Car Info: '04 STi
I don't know any cops from Oahu since Im from the Big Island. The car came with the laser jammer and I disconnected when installed my sounds to make all the wires in the back all 'nice'. And I just reconnected this weekend, so I just wanted to see if it works since its installed, mind as well work. I dont speed excessively. My last ticket was a while ago and it was for going 50 in a 35 in a red integra. But it was on the offramp, H1 to nimitz, it goes from 55 to 35. Minivans were passing me:-(
Old 07-19-2005, 09:41 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
I think gdogg has experience in this department caz he's using one IIRC. So you should ask him.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:52 PM

Car Info: 2003WRX
i have a lid a tec... and it rules
Old 07-19-2005, 11:50 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
"pacing" (sp?) is another accepted form of speed detection. although if taking to court, in some cases the judge will lessen the fine- for simple reason of possible lapse in human judgement.

so if you rip by a cop(before he "lasertags" you)... and he follows you- in most cases he follows for at least 1/10th of a mile. and "guesstimate" (on a forumla of course) which depends on the amount of time it takes to catch up.

the laser jammer works. period. whether yours does or not- give me a couple of weeks... and maybe i can help. keep in mind that i keep mine simply for the fact that sometimes i just do not realize that i'm speeding. (aka "going with traffic")
not an excuse to rip it....

i know someone who has a laser jammer, and still got pulled over because of the pacing method. if the officer does not write a good report- you have a good chance of getting out of the fine-

hope that adds some light to this thread.
keep in mind that detectors simply give you a fraction of a second to slow down- in most cases only tell you that you getting a fine - if you are in a crowd then your chances are better because your detector will go off he he is shooting a car close by....

(oh and thanks to my friends sean and mike for adding some clarification )

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*

Last edited by gdogg; 07-19-2005 at 11:52 PM.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:03 AM

Car Info: 2016 Z51 C7, 2007 Exige S, 2008 ZX-10R, 2016 Taco
Skip

the Lidatek. It does not "rule". I was checking on laser jammers a few weeks ago.
Check this link http://www.radartest.com/article.asp?articleid=8502 It's always worthwhile to do research before purchasing.

San
Old 07-20-2005, 12:30 AM

Car Info: 04 wrx wagon
Originally Posted by gdogg
"pacing" (sp?) is another accepted form of speed detection. although if taking to court, in some cases the judge will lessen the fine- for simple reason of possible lapse in human judgement.

so if you rip by a cop(before he "lasertags" you)... and he follows you- in most cases he follows for at least 1/10th of a mile. and "guesstimate" (on a forumla of course) which depends on the amount of time it takes to catch up.

the laser jammer works. period. whether yours does or not- give me a couple of weeks... and maybe i can help. keep in mind that i keep mine simply for the fact that sometimes i just do not realize that i'm speeding. (aka "going with traffic")
not an excuse to rip it....

i know someone who has a laser jammer, and still got pulled over because of the pacing method. if the officer does not write a good report- you have a good chance of getting out of the fine-

hope that adds some light to this thread.
keep in mind that detectors simply give you a fraction of a second to slow down- in most cases only tell you that you getting a fine - if you are in a crowd then your chances are better because your detector will go off he he is shooting a car close by....

(oh and thanks to my friends sean and mike for adding some clarification )

no problem good sir, IMO, "jammers" don't really work, it will only tell you we are there, and we will notice your headlights "bow to the officer" before we go pull you over
Old 07-20-2005, 12:41 AM

another thing is if you are in a crowd and you are the fastest the officer can probably clock a car close to you and guestimate how much over you are based on the other cars speed. waste of money when you can just set your cruise control...
Old 07-20-2005, 12:42 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
I've heard CHP officers say before that they can write tickets without using radar or laser, they just use it to soundproof their case. If youre going 80 in a 65 zone, its obvious youre speeding
Old 07-20-2005, 02:04 AM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
Originally Posted by da tall guy
no problem good sir, IMO, "jammers" don't really work, it will only tell you we are there, and we will notice your headlights "bow to the officer" before we go pull you over
lol - the "bow" or "dip" definitely says "look at me" ...there is a cop that "shoots" me every time i take my wife to work @ 10:30 pm- in the shadows of kailua (the long dark stretch). i can say that to this point it has preserved me from getting my insurance cancelled. after paying someones salary @ progressive these past 2 years my outlook on speeding has changed quite a bit. i have tested mine, and for the most part it worked after 5 tests.

that article that san posted is great- a very objective write up- i seriously think "those" who chronically speed shouldn't waste their money on this because sooner or later they will get caught.

Old 07-20-2005, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by splitsecond
Hey guys, I have a laser jammer installed. I was just wondering if there is anyway I can test it. Any ideas? (Besides speeding around and seeing if I get ticketed or not.)
PM me, we can set something up!
Old 07-20-2005, 07:40 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1996 STI V3 Type RA
You can test it by buying a laser rangefinder with speed. I am picking one up for $120 or so.

Quick Reply: laser jammer