KNS Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 10:10 PM

Car Info: '13 Xrunner
KNS Brakes

Hey i-clubers,
I just wanted to spread the word about KNS Brakes. So I am currently putting together a STi swap for my '13 WRX hatch and after what seemed like an eternity of research I decided to set out and find a set of 08+ Sti brakes since they are a direct swap out for my stocks. Once that was done, I had to decide on what rotors and pads to go with.
While looking around, I decided I wanted DBA rotors and consequently came across KNS. They seemed to have the lowest prices, they made things easy with prepackaging rotor/pad combos and their website was SUPER user friendly. Oh and I guess they do a lot of business with DBA so they were able to get them to predrill their rotors with both 5x114 and 5x100 bolt patterns so the conversion literally becomes a swap.
Upon checkout, I put my zip code in for a shipping quote and it popped out some ridiculous like $280 so shot them an email asking them if they had different shipping options. Ken replied and hooked it up with shipping. I don't wanna put Ken and KNS in a tough spot so I'll just say that on top of the package price listed, shipping came out to be MINIMAL!!!
I'm a firm believer in giving props where props are due and with that said, props to KNS. My emails were responded to with in minutes, seriously minutes and they really helped me get what I think will suit my needs best.
I am currently waiting for my calipers to come in and now for my rotors and pads from KNS. Lastly, I forgot to ask them if they sell SS brakelines so I will be looking into that. I will post pics when everything comes in and a before and after pic. Oh gotta go, my wife's home and she doesn't know about this project. Shoots!
Old 01-05-2013, 10:01 AM

Car Info: Bugeye Wagon - VF39'd
Heard nothing but good stuff about Ken.

FWIW, I've found most vendors use automated shipping calculators that don't work properly for HI. It's very rare that a vendor won't work with you to ship USPS flat rate or something that isn't $$$$$.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:26 PM

Car Info: 07lmtd 6spd wrx eq tuned
Yup! Everytime I need anything brake related I call up KNS. Great group of guys