Just ordered some Espelir ASD Springs...

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 03:46 PM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
Smile Just ordered some Espelir ASD Springs...

Just ordered some espelir ASD springs for my 04 sti...also a Perrin rear sway bar and end links...They will probably be in next week...Anyone runing these springs here in Honolulu that would like to comment on them?

Man, there are too many springs out there available for our cars...I must have downloaded about 50 pics of WRX's with different springs....Espelir GT/ASD, Eibach, Tein, ProDrive, Pinks, RS*R, Perrin, H&R, ..hours of searching...

Believe it or not, I had the springs narrowed down to two totally different animals...Espelir ASD and Perrin...but, after scraping my stock front end going down a parking ramp at Ward Warehouse...I had to choose the ASD...drops like 1.4" Front .8" in the rear as compared to 1.9" Front 1.5" rear for the Perrin...The rates are pretty stiff at 252/197 vs my stock sti 200/130-200.

They are suppose to be comparable to the STI Pinks with the added bonus of dropping the front more...I wanted an even stance without the Kidney busting ride...I almost went for the GT's...but it lowered the front less (1.2") and with a spring rate of 280/230...

If anyone needs to see what a rex looks like with a certain spring set up...I may have a picture of it...just pm me...

Last edited by Island Style; 01-19-2005 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Version 7.5 2002 STi
Sounds nice, I'm tired of the TEIN scrapage I'm getting. Yes I want coilovers, but I should just change out the springs for now so I can stop scrapping the pretty resonator on my exhaust.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:16 PM

Take care of that B&B...

Sykosis...

I think you and I are the only ones running B&B exhausts on the island...

I'll let you know how the ASD's feel after I get them installed...can't wait.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:47 PM

Car Info: 2005 wrx
Smile

wassup...your sti is going to look real good with the drop. i'm run the rims on my car, still have finish dropping my car. i only did the fronts... got lazy...i'll do it this weekend...i think???
Old 01-19-2005, 07:52 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
PM sent
Old 01-19-2005, 08:03 PM

Hey Roy

What kind of springs are you using? Coilovers? I can't remember what you told me.

Can't wait to install everything...but it is being sent USPS so it will probably get here next week or so...

Let me know when you get your coils on...what about your downpipe?
Old 01-19-2005, 08:08 PM

Luktang

Which spring did you want to look at...here is a pic of Mack Industries STI with Espelir ASD Springs...
Attached Thumbnails Just ordered some Espelir ASD Springs...-black-asd-angle.jpg   Just ordered some Espelir ASD Springs...-black-asd-side.jpg  
Old 01-19-2005, 08:20 PM

Smile

brent,

i got the tein flex coilovers...i didn't install the downpipe yet. i'm going to wait
until i get my recon.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:27 PM

Car Info: '13 WRX Hatch OBP
Roy,
Let me know when you put your stuff on. Im not much help but Im funny to look at. I can hold wrenches like a champ too.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:02 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
whats the drop?(and spring rate)? i'm wondering because i personally don't like the clearance on the front. i wish i got either the STi pinks or the Eibachs.
either way brent your ride is turning out to be rather nice! seen your rims the other day. nice! for a brief second i thought you were carlos.

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 01-19-2005, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by rtakashi
brent,

i got the tein flex coilovers...i didn't install the downpipe yet. i'm going to wait
until i get my recon.
You can go ahead and install the downpipe because it will pass with it on i should know i think i'm one of a few that actually has a recon permit. The reason it will pass is because there is no test that Hawaii performs (like smog tests in the mainland) that would be able to tell if you didn't have a cat.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:19 AM

Roy: Very nice...I'd like to see your car when you get your Flex's dialed in...wish I could have gotten those as well...but I have to be patient...Get that downpipe on...you will feel a big difference in power! Where did you pick up your Flex's? PM me please...

Greg: Thanks...the cars coming along...It's been a while since I last saw your car and while looking for spring pics found it on the board ...that is one bad looking Black STI! Very Nice...are you at Honda Windward temporarily? Is Honda taking on the oil changes and such for the Subaru's?

Here are the specs on the Espelir ASD:

35mm Front, 20mm Rear drop

~1.4" Front, ~.8" Rear

Spring rate is

252 Front 197 Rear....

I did a lot of checking around and feel for my style and driving...this would be enough of a drop and for the price I wouldn't be out too much should I decide to go with the coilovers in the near future...suppose to be almost identical to the more expensive STI pinks...the Black Mack Industries STI is one mean looking car...

Last edited by Island Style; 01-20-2005 at 08:14 AM.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:03 AM

Luktang....04 Eibach Pics

Got your PM...

Here are the 04 Pics of the Eibachs I found on the NASIOC board...They look pretty good....

I think they drop the car:

1.2" Front

.8" Rear

Very similar to the Espelir GT drop...
Attached Thumbnails Just ordered some Espelir ASD Springs...-eibach1.jpg   Just ordered some Espelir ASD Springs...-eibach2.jpg  

Last edited by Island Style; 01-20-2005 at 08:05 AM.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by outlaw23
You can go ahead and install the downpipe because it will pass with it on i should know i think i'm one of a few that actually has a recon permit. The reason it will pass is because there is no test that Hawaii performs (like smog tests in the mainland) that would be able to tell if you didn't have a cat.
cool...thanks...now i got one more thing to put in my car...
Old 01-20-2005, 10:52 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
I have the ASD springs installed on my 05 WRX. I just love them. Nice drop, Nice ride. pretty good spring rate. (i'm still on stock struts)

Quick Reply: Just ordered some Espelir ASD Springs...