Just a Friendly Warning to all WRX owners!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2003, 08:38 AM

Car Info: White on Gold STi
Originally posted by sub-sonic
just bring it to Waipahu.. dont worry about your stuffs. As long as you are not claiming warranty "related" to the modification.
Ed, has a point I never take off my stuff when I go down there.
Old 01-17-2003, 10:28 AM

Car Info: G35 Coupe (FOR SALE)
Originally posted by mellowwrx54
do you guys think that if i buy an ACT clutch that they would intall it for me and not void the warrenty?
Some people with aftermarket clutches also had tranny problems. Of course it could be a coincidence, but it could have something to do with the heavy duty clutches transferring the strain to the tranny.
Old 01-17-2003, 03:09 PM

clutches

IMO Do Not Go Above the stage three clutches on clutch masters or ACT
unless you don't mind bustin trannies.
Old 01-17-2003, 03:25 PM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
Jeff's right, ... especially if you don't know how to drive.(and I don't mean if you think you know how to drive!)

the stock clutch actually holds up pretty well for the basic bolt-on's, or the "stage 4's" for most people.
Old 01-31-2003, 09:20 PM

sinced this thread had started, there have been a lot of modified
wrxs and rss that came to Waipahu for service. Some have exhaust system thats so loud that it rattled the crap out of Chris' pet fishes in their aquarium. He did not even bother to look nor ask
about those cars. So if your around our neigborhood stop by and
say hi to the crew, or even stay awhile to talk story and drink our nasty coffee. If your around the Beretania shop, well you can stop by and give them a piece of your mind, and flick them the bird as you leave- no! just kidding dont do that hehehe! I'll just add more nails to the coffin. Or you can post a comment at www.schumancarriage.com - i think they have a guest book.

Last edited by sub-sonic; 02-01-2003 at 12:49 AM.
Old 01-31-2003, 11:17 PM

It's reassuring to know that there's a dealership out there that's cool about modified cars. Helps me to know that I can upgrade my car, and the dealer won't give me grief. Of course, I'm referring to Waipahu Subaru, and not the frickin' entire Schuman business (which blows!).
Old 02-01-2003, 01:31 AM

Car Info: MY02 GD WAGON, MY87 AW11
It all comes down to, if the dealer voids your warranty because of aftermarket parts, you need to get it in writting from the service manager stating that your afftermarket intake, turbo timer, coilovers, muffler bearings, or blinker fluid caused the failure you brought the car in for. Just in case.........

-scu
Old 02-02-2003, 09:06 PM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Re: Huh?!!

Originally posted by uluafishing
WTF!! Are you serious!! I just bought my '03 WRX Wagon from South Coast Subaru (in Orange County, CA) with 5zigen cat-back exhaust, rims, and coil-overs. Does that mean I'm SOL when it comes to warranty repairs?! They had a few other new '03 cars in there that were waaaaay out-of-control. BOV, Cat-backs, Boost Controllers, coil-overs, HID's, etc, etc. They didn't say anything about these mods voiding the warranty though.

Aloha!
Jesus, that would bite to have bought it from them and then they say its void. Hah. I would check the papers for sure. If the dealer is selling them modded they shouldnt be able to say ****...
Old 02-02-2003, 09:18 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Dealerships have nothing to do with saying if your warranty is valid or not. That comes from the distributor/manufacturer.

When a dealership does a warranty repair, it has to submit a claim/data to the distributor and/or manufacturer to get reimbursed on that repair.

The dealership didn't source the parts, hire the workers, make the car, or provide you the warranty.

It sounds nitpicky - but understanding how the system works gives you an idea why dealerships are such hard-asses about warranty.

If they bust your ***** about mods, it's because if they make the claim for your warranty work to the manufcaturer and it gets rejected for whatever reason - the store is S.O.L. and has to pay for the repair out of it's own pocket.

We are just lucky to have cool guys workin' for one of the dealer's here. Kudos!
Old 02-02-2003, 09:20 PM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Originally posted by IS2Scooby
We are just lucky to have cool guys workin' for one of the dealer's here. Kudos!
I second that! If only they would make sure they get their STis before the rest of the country... =)
Old 02-15-2003, 02:33 AM

Car Info: Boosted Geo Prizm
The Magnuson-Moss Act is good and all, and I believe in it. However it's you against a dealer and they will initially fight you thinking you wont go any further with action. And most likley you will have to get an attorney to help you out of a repair. At times you may be better off paying the dealer...

Quick Reply: Just a Friendly Warning to all WRX owners!!!!