To the jackhole racing a STi up Kapolei Road Saturday night...

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 12:16 PM

Car Info: '04 STi
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

There always seems to be threads "attn: xxx suby" saying "you're giving i-club a bad name". Well, there is no way every subaru is going to be rule abiding citizens. Not mention they rent out RS's and the tourists aren't always driving courteously either.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:24 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
Originally Posted by Ditchhanger
Jeffe...I'm actually in Ewa in Palm Court...
Wow. Once upon a time, I used to deliver newspapers there as well as Palm Villas and Palm Villas II (1995-1996).
Old 12-13-2005, 12:38 PM

Car Info: Evo G-Car RRS 600RR YZ125 TRX450r
Yeah I get worked up about it. I'm involved in SCCA activities, I've been a part of the Subaru community for years, and I get phone calls at my house at least once or twice a month from people inquiring about Subarus. I hear things about "you Subaru guys" all the time...and I take it personally because people like Scubaru, myself and a few others were a part of this site back in 1999.

I hate the fact that was once a very small, close-knit community (which all of us at the time shared the same ideas about his and how to promote Subarus in a time where there were no WRX's or STi's) is now a very large one and there are more idiots out there who just buy the car and do stupid crap like that. Besides...Oahu is a small island and we'll eventually see the same retards again. Add to that fact, I really don't give a rat's a$$ to whoever knows how I feel...not to mention...Alex has said numerous times that this forum is not a place to post about street racing, and I feel that as a comunity we should act as responsible people.

Its great for you that you've done worse...I'm happy you're still alive and you should be too. If idiots want to go really fast in a piece of machinery, apply to the Air Force or Navy and fly jets...
I think anytime theres a relatively affordable and available car that has alot of potential with a minimal investment, there will naturally be a large following (and broad range) of enthusiasts. And as a result, generalizations will be made...this is something EVERYONE does and that cant be helped. With more enthusiasts there will naturally be more idiots, but then again there are hell of alot of people who know a sh*tload about the car and who offer us alot of insight. Plus in general, I think the "suby community" is one of the more respected groups out there. If you're looking for a more exclusive club why dont you buy urself a lotus , lamborghini or yugo?

Its great that you are involved in "SCCA activities", I think its alot of fun too..... As for the whole street racing thing, Im not saying I condone street racing but from the story you posted it doesnt seem like alot was in danger. Are you telling me that you NEVER floored your car (or exceeded the speed limit) on a public roadway? If so props to you and thanks for doing your part to keeping the roads safe. If not I don't see the point of such an angry post.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:53 PM

Car Info: car
heh, dunno about respect. some people tell me in school that they think suby owners are cocky and that we think we are the fastest things on the road.. i come back with the "your just jealous"
Old 12-13-2005, 06:06 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
^^^Lol! maybe for once, that statement may be right .
Old 12-13-2005, 06:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
Originally Posted by X-Factor
scubaru: was that really you? if so, you have ***** to post up adn admit it, and for that, good for you. but dont be doin that stuff man, you got beef with someone, take that to the track...its more fun to challenge them to the track that friday and they never show...ive done that several times....its the better way to do business.
i think he was kidding...
Old 12-13-2005, 06:09 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
Originally Posted by juniorsti
heh, dunno about respect. some people tell me in school that they think suby owners are cocky and that we think we are the fastest things on the road.. i come back with the "your just jealous"
some do think that we are the fastest....and some are just plain jealous...
Old 12-13-2005, 06:45 PM

Car Info: MY02 GD WAGON, MY87 AW11
Originally Posted by X-Factor
scubaru: was that really you? if so, you have ***** to post up adn admit it, and for that, good for you. but dont be doin that stuff man, you got beef with someone, take that to the track...its more fun to challenge them to the track that friday and they never show...ive done that several times....its the better way to do business.

OH HELL NO it wasnt me. Im givin' Cliff a hard time. He is the only guy that gets more pissed off at street racing than me. Oh and I do take it to the track for the monthly AutoX, but instead of racing a Subaru, I race my POS 1987 white MR2. Maybe you've seen it out there...beating up on all but one STi..

Besides, Id NEVER buy anything after MY00 and Joe knows this...I'll post whatever crap to rile him up and he'll know it wasn't me.

Last edited by Scubaru; 12-13-2005 at 06:49 PM.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:48 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
Originally Posted by theoverachiever
If you're looking for a more exclusive club why dont you buy urself a lotus , lamborghini or yugo?
You made some good points up until you said that. I can't say I've never floored my car on a public road, but racing another vehicle? No. So kiss my white a$$ and unless you know me, don't make such comments about wanting to "belong" to an "exclusive" club. Before the advent of the WRX and STi in the U.S., the Subie community WAS exclusive. There were 15 or so on island here and we ALL knew each other. Scubaru can help me on this...
Old 12-13-2005, 09:57 PM

Unhappy

You made some good points up until you said that. I can't say I've never floored my car on a public road, but racing another vehicle? No. So kiss my white a$$ and unless you know me, don't make such comments about wanting to "belong" to an "exclusive" club. Before the advent of the WRX and STi in the U.S., the Subie community WAS exclusive. There were 15 or so on island here and we ALL knew each other. Scubaru can help me on this...
I figured that you wanted to be apart of a more exclusive community when you mentioned how you hated being apart of a larger one. And when you hate something real bad the options I can think of are A. get out of the situation (move to a smaller community) or B. fix the situation (steal the subys from all but the original 15).
I hate the fact that was once a very small, close-knit community (which all of us at the time shared the same ideas about his and how to promote Subarus in a time where there were no WRX's or STi's) is now a very large one
Keep in mind that before the advent of the wrx and sti to the us, the subie community was small why???...because their cars simply had less appeal overall to the tuning crowd compared to what was available at the time. So if you're gonna complain about how Subaru's following got larger as their cars got more competitive and appealing then I really dont know what to say...

Last edited by theoverachiever; 12-13-2005 at 10:05 PM.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:04 PM
Staff Member

Dude...you don't live here and you don't understand what I mean. I appreciate the points you bring, but you don't seem to understand where I am coming from. You are missing my point. The guys here understand what I mean, but you don't. I'm not mad and I don't really care.

You are taking what I say out of context in regards to the Subaru community. I'm not a "Staff Member" on this site because Alex needed a grunt to monitor this forum...I've been a part of i-Club for a while. Besides...you continue to argue with my points which are irrelevant to this topic. I'm irritated at street racing (not "flooring your car on a street once in a while") and the fact he was a retard. That's all I have to say...
Old 12-13-2005, 11:14 PM

Car Info: MkIII MR2, s14, 94 mx5, 99 mx5. The beauty of rwd.
overachiever, don't take angry joe's comments too badly, It's just that he doesn't have a subaru to drive anymore...

It makes him jealous to see one going fast

Just kidding. joe.....
But really, It is sad to see so many people racing on the street when there are so little people who come out to auto x or superlap to really pound their cars...
Of course, It sucks to lose to a "seemingly" slower or outdated car when racing on the track due to lack of skill or experience....
Old 12-13-2005, 11:17 PM

Car Info: 02' wrb wrx w/ RGII
^^ i understand were your coming from just as some guys on this forums..although we never met i gotta say there's been similar post about guys with wrxs and sti's that driving fast or racing and they post about it but never post any plate numbers...it would seem unless to post a topic about something with out all the details am i correct...on the other hand it's really up to the person posting...shoots and hope u find that guy..one
Old 12-13-2005, 11:21 PM

Dude...you don't live here and you don't understand what I mean. I appreciate the points you bring, but you don't seem to understand where I am coming from. You are missing my point. The guys here understand what I mean, but you don't. I'm not mad and I don't really care.

You are taking what I say out of context in regards to the Subaru community. I'm not a "Staff Member" on this site because Alex needed a grunt to monitor this forum...I've been a part of i-Club for a while. Besides...you continue to argue with my points which are irrelevant to this topic. I'm irritated at street racing (not "flooring your car on a street once in a while") and the fact he was a retard. That's all I have to say...
While I am temporarily IN California I do live in Hawaii...and probably longer then you have

Dont get me wrong...Im not trying to defend the wreckless endangerment of people's lives, my original point was that the situation you described did not sound particularly dangerous to deserve such a rant.

My bad for arguing with YOUR points that were irrelevant to the topic. I guess ill stop now hehe
Old 12-13-2005, 11:31 PM
Staff Member

You win dude...

Quick Reply: To the jackhole racing a STi up Kapolei Road Saturday night...