Its going down Mitsubishi/Subaru car cruise

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 02:57 PM

Car Info: 07 Sti
Originally Posted by 808_lgt
So you say you wanna remain responsible by not attend "these" types of events. Exactly what kind of event is this to you? So because sadc isn't a member of i-club and doesn't own a suby, his cruise is automatically one of those cruises profiled as a race up n down the freeway type cruise. Or is it because it's a night cruise that it automatically falls into that category? I'm just trying to see where you think a mitsu/suby cruise would bring bad rep to i-club.

To sum it up in a sentence.

"Past cruises were less than satisfactory, thus, we at I-Club assume that this cruise will be less than satisfactory. Therefore, we will not be attending."

At least thats what I have gathered from the 3 pages of you guys talking about it.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:05 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
Originally Posted by Krang
To sum it up in a sentence.

"Past cruises were less than satisfactory, thus, we at I-Club assume that this cruise will be less than satisfactory. Therefore, we will not be attending."

At least thats what I have gathered from the 3 pages of you guys talking about it.
no offense guy but with this statement you sound like a extreme NOOBIE!! if you go by your statement that means that the i-club cruise arent worth while for members from way b4 your time. since i-club cruise's don't bring out everyone like it use to way back when.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:11 PM

Car Info: 2021 Crosstrek Sport
So you say you wanna remain responsible by not attend "these" types of events. Exactly what kind of event is this to you? So because sadc isn't a member of i-club and doesn't own a suby, his cruise is automatically one of those cruises profiled as a race up n down the freeway type cruise. Or is it because it's a night cruise that it automatically falls into that category? I'm just trying to see where you think a mitsu/suby cruise would bring bad rep to i-club.
Most night cruises draw more attention from HPD than most people on here want. There aren't as many places to hang out as a large group at night than there is during the day. When the cops see a bunch of modified cars driving around at night, they tend to watch more closely. A lot of us have been in those situations in past cruises and rather not put ourselves out there like that. I'm not trying to bash on anyone or point fingers but, a night cruise on a large scale is pretty much just asking for trouble. It's not as laid back as it was before. HPD is coming down harder on everyone. Even if you do drive the speed limit and not act stupid, they'll find a reason to pull you over and try to give out tickets for anything that they can find wrong with your ride. As for me, I rather attend the weekly meets and just hang out rather than drive around all over the place wondering if I'm gonna get pulled over or not. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Keainakoa; 04-13-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:39 PM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
look man you do what you wanna do. learn things the hard way and when you've been there and back like some of us have, maybe you'll be the one trying to keep the noobs from making bad choices.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by shaggadelic
no offense guy but with this statement you sound like a extreme NOOBIE!! if you go by your statement that means that the i-club cruise arent worth while for members from way b4 your time. since i-club cruise's don't bring out everyone like it use to way back when.

****, I am just summing up what I have been reading from 04Sleeper. I have no personal experience with the mitsu cruises. Every I-Club cruise I have been on has been great though, I was simply condensing what I heard from reading the posts.

Nowhere in my post did I refer to I-Club cruises as being not worthwhile for members, I was refering only to the mitsu/subie cruise that, unless I am mistaken, originated from forumshawaii.

I'm just going to go ahead and not post anything else since this is apparently a touchy subject!

PS: lol
Old 04-13-2009, 04:23 PM

Car Info: 2021 Crosstrek Sport
I'm just going to go ahead and not post anything else since this is apparently a touchy subject!

Old 04-13-2009, 04:59 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
****, I am just summing up what I have been reading from 04Sleeper. I have no personal experience with the mitsu cruises. Every I-Club cruise I have been on has been great though, I was simply condensing what I heard from reading the posts.

Nowhere in my post did I refer to I-Club cruises as being not worthwhile for members, I was refering only to the mitsu/subie cruise that, unless I am mistaken, originated from forumshawaii.

for me i don't care i aint going but just the statment you made is a very bold one and by going off of what someone else says your making your choice. many older i-clubbers even 04sleeper will tell ya. i-club cruise's are not as big as they were. still have a great turnout but way less then b4. so by me saying there not as big does this mean that you shouldn't attend? see my point.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:11 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
Yeah, the old skool cruises way back when where the biggest and the best.
I kinda miss seeing 100 subbies rolling out strong. That's ok, we had good times you all know who you are

I think any cruise nowadays will draw 25-40 cars. That's been my observation anyway.

Last edited by 808subaru; 04-13-2009 at 05:14 PM. Reason: added some stuff.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by shaggadelic
for me i don't care i aint going but just the statment you made is a very bold one and by going off of what someone else says your making your choice. many older i-clubbers even 04sleeper will tell ya. i-club cruise's are not as big as they were. still have a great turnout but way less then b4. so by me saying there not as big does this mean that you shouldn't attend? see my point.

I think we are just on different pages here.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:55 PM

Car Info: 08 lgt
Originally Posted by Keainakoa
Most night cruises draw more attention from HPD than most people on here want. There aren't as many places to hang out as a large group at night than there is during the day. When the cops see a bunch of modified cars driving around at night, they tend to watch more closely. A lot of us have been in those situations in past cruises and rather not put ourselves out there like that. I'm not trying to bash on anyone or point fingers but, a night cruise on a large scale is pretty much just asking for trouble. It's not as laid back as it was before. HPD is coming down harder on everyone. Even if you do drive the speed limit and not act stupid, they'll find a reason to pull you over and try to give out tickets for anything that they can find wrong with your ride. As for me, I rather attend the weekly meets and just hang out rather than drive around all over the place wondering if I'm gonna get pulled over or not. Just my 2 cents.
Yea true night cruises do bring "more" attention. But from what I was told, even the shrimp shack cruise coming up could easily be shut down. With that many cars rolling in a pack I've been told we need a permit cause it's considered a "parade". Buuuuuut enough arguing no arms are being twisted to attend. If one wants to show one can, if not thats perfectly fine.
Originally Posted by 04sleeper
look man you do what you wanna do. learn things the hard way and when you've been there and back like some of us have, maybe you'll be the one trying to keep the noobs from making bad choices.
Yea I'm still way young and rebellious so tickets/cops don't scare me. Call it dumb thinking but yea I honestly don't care if I get pulled over. Plenty more years for me to grow up.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:06 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX "Wagon"
Yea I'm still way young and rebellious so tickets/cops don't scare me. Call it dumb thinking but yea I honestly don't care if I get pulled over. Plenty more years for me to grow up.

That is the dumbiest comment ever. Im just about to turn 30 and they still scare me. Go ahead and get all the tickets you want. Its not gonna be funny later on down the road. Losing your license, community service, paying fines and the worst part ...sh__ staying on your record for years......and since your a millionare High a__ insurance. You are totally missing the whole point here on the forum.
It all comes down to having respect for everyone (cops, pedestrians etc) and driving safe. You going learn

Last edited by berryboy; 04-13-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:11 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX STi
WAT DID I MISS??? Does the Token Black Guy's Opinion matters????
Old 04-13-2009, 06:20 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX "Wagon"
Originally Posted by Jay_Dolla
WAT DID I MISS??? Does the Token Black Guy's Opinion matters????
HAHAHA What's Up Jay Dolla! I didnt see u at the meet this past friday. Thought you was gonna come out? You didnt miss anything so don't worry. You not the only Black guy on these forums ...lol You coming to this weeks meet?
Old 04-13-2009, 06:22 PM

I think it should be fun [Only if people Dont do anything Stupid] That coment about people dont wanna get pulled even if their not speeding or wat eva i kinda agreed, but i dont think you should be driving if you tags or other illegal part of the car is not up to date. You shouldnt be scared of cops. The only time you should be scared of cops is when you RED line your car all the time. (leaving it in FIRST ((LMFAO))J/k) Or if your car not up to date. Or if you have like FIVE stars on your wanted BAR on GTA like Me. Imma get pulled over regardless. Come on. Black Driving an STi. Tinted Windows. Sittin Low. Yea PULL ME OVER. KING KONG Aint got S !-! I T on me. lol.

ps like Berry boi said. Im young too. im 22 years old. But im Smart enough not to do stuff that cost money. SPEEDING TICKETS.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by berryboy
HAHAHA What's Up Jay Dolla! I didnt see u at the meet this past friday. Thought you was gonna come out? You didnt miss anything so don't worry. You not the only Black guy on these forums ...lol You coming to this weeks meet?
I was there. or atleast i thought i was. Fri over by the NEX rite. I was there.
yea imma Be there...
Imma bring Chicks for a Music Video im workin on. lol

Quick Reply: Its going down Mitsubishi/Subaru car cruise