Insurance Options

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 01:49 PM

Car Info: '05 WRX / '04 Forester
Insurance Options

Well, I've got a week left before I need to switch, and it's been a while since there's been a thread on the topic.

Who do you guys use for insurance?

So far we've only spoken to AIG. I didn't qualify for AIG National car insurance because I got a ticket in the past 3 years (76 in a 65) and I've been in an accident (ran over my fender liner at 1mph). AIG HI for an 08 STI and 05 WRX (new toy ) would be $3600/year. Considering I pay around $83/mo now for my 08 (in MA), that hurts.

The girlfriend is calling around all morning, but I figured I'd ask you guys too.

Oh, and I can't believe this state has so many issues with aftermarket parts. Never even heard of that before
Old 10-15-2009, 01:56 PM

Car Info: 2004 subaru wrx sti
I have USAA so if u have a family member that is in or has been in the military u can qualify for that. I think that my insurance averaged about to 90-100 dollars for my04.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
AIG was who I was with over there. Yeah either way you will probably not pay anything near what you used to pay. HI insurance rates are horrible.

If you're a AAA member you can try them.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:30 PM

Car Info: 2008 MB C350S Chip/Exhaust 268whp
I've been with State Farm since my WRX and was paying really good rates. Customer service has been top notch and they actually stand up for you when things happen. Nothing but good experiences from me with them. I was paying 1000 a year when I was 18 with a WRX.

Not too sure if you can get insurance from Oahu for Maui but pm me if you want a good reference.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:58 PM

Thanks - waiting to hear back from State Farm now. I used them when I lived in VT and still have life insurance through them.

I don't get why I have to pay more to cover my aftermarket suspension (BC Racing Coilovers - $950) when it's probably more expensive to replace stock 08 STI suspension components. Pretty silly.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
I've never heard of this modded parts insurance.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:59 PM

Car Info: Hi, I'm John.
GEICO ftw (if you're a gov employee anyway)
Old 10-15-2009, 09:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI
i thought i saved a lot of money by switching to GEICO (wait, that sounded familiar)...until Liberty Mutual came in.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:56 PM

Car Info: 02' wrb wrx w/ RGII
AIG is horrible. i have to switch also. i've been with them for 10yrs, one incident and they act like they dont know you..ouch

nevin
Old 10-15-2009, 11:24 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
USAA $200/mo full coverage $0 deductible, they are the ****... but u gotta find someone that can extend membership to you in yoru fam
Old 10-16-2009, 12:12 AM

Car Info: '10 Xt Ltd, '05 X Beater, '01 GS300
Originally Posted by BoOm
I've been with State Farm since my WRX and was paying really good rates. Customer service has been top notch and they actually stand up for you when things happen. Nothing but good experiences from me with them. I was paying 1000 a year when I was 18 with a WRX.

Not too sure if you can get insurance from Oahu for Maui but pm me if you want a good reference.
Originally Posted by bigbobchamp
Thanks - waiting to hear back from State Farm now. I used them when I lived in VT and still have life insurance through them.

I don't get why I have to pay more to cover my aftermarket suspension (BC Racing Coilovers - $950) when it's probably more expensive to replace stock 08 STI suspension components. Pretty silly.
State Farm FTW. I work at a body shop and we deal with all the major insurance companies out there. I see first hand which insurance companies truly value customer satisfaction. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for being fair and making a profit along the way (like any business), but what some of these insurance companies do is just wrong.
State Farm pushes the use of OEM parts ONLY in all of their repairs (with the exception of aftermarket radiators and condensers and stuff.) They also cover all aftermarket parts as well, AND they don't charge you extra for that coverage. Some insurance companies charge you extra for that, and some don't even cover aftermarket stuff at all.
I'm not sure what the rate comparison is, but when I shopped around, they were actually the cheapest I could find, and definitely give the best coverage (IMO). I paid around $1200/year for my '04 STi and around $1000/yr for my wagon. Check your PM's, I'll send you my agent's contact info. Tell him that Brandon from Oka's Auto Body referred you.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:50 AM

Car Info: 02' wrb wrx w/ RGII
brandon, can you send me your contact info as well. i also need to shop around for a new insurance company soon.

nevin
Old 10-16-2009, 10:54 AM

Thanks Brandon, giving them a call soon.

For some reason the person at SF that we tried getting a quote from is a tard... called us 5 times to collect a few bits of info and still hasn't given us a quote.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:57 AM

Car Info: '10 Xt Ltd, '05 X Beater, '01 GS300
Originally Posted by hayn_wrx
brandon, can you send me your contact info as well. i also need to shop around for a new insurance company soon.

nevin
PM'd u

Originally Posted by bigbobchamp
Thanks Brandon, giving them a call soon.

For some reason the person at SF that we tried getting a quote from is a tard... called us 5 times to collect a few bits of info and still hasn't given us a quote.
No probs brutha
Old 10-16-2009, 06:54 PM

Car Info: grandmas car
Originally Posted by Bran808
State Farm FTW. I work at a body shop and we deal with all the major insurance companies out there. I see first hand which insurance companies truly value customer satisfaction. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for being fair and making a profit along the way (like any business), but what some of these insurance companies do is just wrong.
State Farm pushes the use of OEM parts ONLY in all of their repairs (with the exception of aftermarket radiators and condensers and stuff.) They also cover all aftermarket parts as well, AND they don't charge you extra for that coverage. Some insurance companies charge you extra for that, and some don't even cover aftermarket stuff at all.
I'm not sure what the rate comparison is, but when I shopped around, they were actually the cheapest I could find, and definitely give the best coverage (IMO). I paid around $1200/year for my '04 STi and around $1000/yr for my wagon. Check your PM's, I'll send you my agent's contact info. Tell him that Brandon from Oka's Auto Body referred you.
brandon-he said he got tickets and has been in an accident...state farm offers good rates for "safe" drivers. when i first picked up my sti last year, i got a quote from state farm...for some reason my abstract wasnt pulling up. i already had an appointment to pay off the guys loan (that i was buying the car from) so they (state farm) told me that i had to pick up the abstract myself (which i did). i drove uninsured from town to pearl city (ewa courthouse) to state farm (mililani)...when i got there she said she had to put me in the higher braket cause i had a long abstract (mine isnt even that bad)...even though all of my tickets were over 3 years old! after my last visit to your shop my rates skyrocketed $700 ($1400 for the year) to 1600/6 months (3200/year). i havent bothered to call around for other rates.

Quick Reply: Insurance Options