install day ? up/dp

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 06:19 PM

Car Info: 02' wrb wrx w/ RGII
thanks everyone for all the input...me and brad didnt get the uppipe in cuz im missing the 02 sensor wrench(which i'll be buying along with a few other tools)..it was a great learning experience installing the dp and taking a look at how stuff works...well i gotta check to see if i can host the install day sunday hopefully my parents wont be home so i'll have the garage free so i'll update everyone probally tommorrow nite so ya'll can stop on buy...well i'll post pics later...

o yah i can feel and hear the diff with the dp...cant wait till the up is in and now saving for the AP...ahhh

Last edited by hayn_wrx; 05-13-2005 at 06:23 PM.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Did you try an adjustable wrench?
Old 05-14-2005, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by bpang1
Did you try an adjustable wrench?

we got the o2 sensor on the dp with a lil luck..i had this ghetto wrench i have no idea from what or who but if somehow fit so we got it..but brad told me that the up wont be as easy..he said better to have the o2 wrench cuz it's hard to get..n e ways we installed the dp and holding out on the up till i can borrow a wrench or find one..so far everyone's out...i'll post tonite if i need the calvary..if cant sunday then i guess i'll have to wait till the next install day...o ya the heat wrap for the dp i went to munkyworks and they didnt have any..what other shops mite carry it ?...thanks everyone

on another note...went to tracks last nite to test run and ended up embarrassing myself...damm the smell or burn clutch was in da air...****
Old 05-14-2005, 07:03 PM
VIP Member

^^^Ron's in Mapunapuna...

Hey man...you can take the sensor off with the UP and take it off outside the car.

It's a simple electrical plastic connector thingie. That way you can use your wrench just fine.
Old 05-14-2005, 11:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Version 7.5 2002 STi
If you need help with the heatshield, I can cut it for you. Just PM me if you need.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:16 PM
VIP Member

Guess you don't need help today...goodluck and good hunting!
Old 05-15-2005, 06:02 PM

thanks didnt install the up today cuz i didnt feel like it..anyways i'll just wait for the next install day to do it....heheh..thanks for all the help guys...
Old 05-16-2005, 01:30 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by hayn_wrx
thanks didnt install the up today cuz i didnt feel like it..anyways i'll just wait for the next install day to do it....heheh..thanks for all the help guys...
K but for an UP install normally you have to set it up yourself because the UP will basically monopolize the whole install day.

Like I said meet some of the experienced guys at the meets and make friends. Then ask them to help you.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:54 AM

Car Info: 2005 wrx
Originally Posted by hayn_wrx
thanks everyone for all the input...me and brad didnt get the uppipe in cuz im missing the 02 sensor wrench(which i'll be buying along with a few other tools)..it was a great learning experience installing the dp and taking a look at how stuff works...well i gotta check to see if i can host the install day sunday hopefully my parents wont be home so i'll have the garage free so i'll update everyone probally tommorrow nite so ya'll can stop on buy...well i'll post pics later...

o yah i can feel and hear the diff with the dp...cant wait till the up is in and now saving for the AP...ahhh
you need a socket with the open slit on the side... you don't want to damage the wire on the sensor.