View Poll Results: How much would you be willing to pay for a newly designed HIIC T-shirt?
$15- $20
40.54%
$20- $25
40.54%
$25- $30
16.22%
$30 and over
2.70%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Initial decision about the shirts...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 02:23 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: "the loud one"
20-25...
Old 08-01-2005, 10:58 AM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
ttt
Old 08-01-2005, 11:08 AM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
Originally Posted by iNfEk
from what I've been seeing on this board since I've been on this board that majority of the people here LOW BALL ON EVERYTHING!!!

I'm not trying to knock your thread Joey but you know it as well as I do that people only want to pay the LOWEST IMPOSSIBLE price for something.

with me making the last shirt at 12 per I got a **** load of complaints about the price... Most people that said they'd pay that much did NOT eventually paying having me stuck with the bill.

Just some thoughts for the people that answer this poll...

regarding this poll though if the design justifies the price then I'll pay anything for a good quality shirt (doesn't matter the brand) and a good design that makes it a HIIC shirt and not just a i-club.com shirt

Jon
Jon, I totally agree with you on every one of your points. I had a feeling this would be the way it would go. I'm not an expert on this, but I was guesstimating the pricing of shirts, since I have a hard time believing there will be 150-250 people buying shirts. We have to buy what is needed and sometimes (let's face it) PEOPLE FLAKE. I can see where Jon was getting pissed about the last t-shirt situation. He forked up money and there were people that took MONTHS to pay him back. THIS WILL NOT happen again. We will get a committed number of people and number of shirts. We will collect $ once we have the cost of the shirt. No pay...no shirt. You snooze, you loose.

I don't see everyone having to pay for the initial set-up cost for the shirts and then we have extra...then we'll have to peddle it to Vakamon or the dealerships so we can get our money back. I'm not trying to take control, but this is getting rediculous. I'm not going to spend extra time out of my already busy and hectic life for people who aren't going to put up.

When I last checked the poll, most people that posted were willing to pay between $20-$25 a shirt. Now the poll is tied. Let me tell everyone something (and this is my personal view on it)...you guys can hate me or talk crap about me, but I don't care. If we can get it cheap and it be a nice design, then perfect. However, if the winning design is nice and costs more, those of you cheap bastids () will either pay for it or don't get it. LOWBALLERS...get real. I mean it...I know we are all on budgets...but you have to be realistic. If you like filet mignon, but you can only afford chuck steak, then you eat chuck steak.

Once again, I'm not trying to be an *******...just reminding everyone about how each individual decision impacts the rest of us. This is a true test if we as the "new" i-Club can think and come together as a group...not just individuals who are out for themselves. We should get back to the roots of this group where everyone is a friend and not just an acquaintance. I can remember when everyone knew everyone personally and did things together that didn't revolve around cars. We made decisions as a group. I know I'm living in a fantasy world with unicorns and rainbows, but that's how it used to be. THAT kind of attitude will separate us from every other weak car group...

Last edited by Ditchhanger; 08-01-2005 at 11:11 AM.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:14 AM
Staff Member

Originally Posted by thunder_sti
Its not that of a hassle to get it custom made...few letters....but anyways..... I really dont care...Im still gonna buy 2 no matter what design it is....You should just give your ideas and make the shirt instead of saying to everone who is trying to bring ideas to the table... its been brought up before..then why make a thread to come up with ideas...
thunder_sti
Jose
This thread is not about ideas for a design...there already is a thread for that. I'm trying to get an idea of the commitment level of the people interested in the shirts and those that bash designs. Greg and I are putting up money for the design contest winner (which we really shouldn't have to do).
Old 08-01-2005, 12:28 PM

Paying more doesn't

mean you get better in this situation...

The company I work with on the shirts get the best pricing for them on the Island...and their work is quality!

This has nothing to do with low-balling...it's called smart shopping...who wants to pay $25 for a T-Shirt when you could pay less than $10?

I agree though...there are always those people that want something for nothing...

Tell you what...if someone comes up with the Design...they can give it to me and I will go and and see how much we can get it printed for...

Let's all focus on the design first...select one and go with it...then we can figure out a price...

We don't need to buy 200 shirts either...

PM me...and no, I do not work for the shirt printing business...
Old 08-01-2005, 01:59 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
I agree on the smart shopping part. You asked us on the poll "How much are you willing to pay?" We're just giving you our honest answers. We don't know what the design is or how colorful it will be? We know if we have more colors then the cost per shirt will increase. Then I would be willing to pay a bit more. Base on the given situation, there are simply too many unknown factors right now. We're just being realistic and has nothing to do with being lowballers (at least I am). Bottomline, we should concentrate on the design first.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:04 PM
Staff Member

Thanks for the input.

You are correct...there are too many unknowns yet. However, to avoid Jon's situation in the past (like I mentioned earlier), I'm trying to see a level of commitment from those interested.

Last edited by Ditchhanger; 08-01-2005 at 02:38 PM.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:05 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
i see people are still thinking clearly! LOL

anyway regarding the post by island style

if it is a good design you'll need to look at printing at least 100. I did get a lot of people wanting to purchase the last design (ended up being a total of about $250~300) and I only expected to get about 100.

I'm just trying to put my input from the last one so it won't be a total inconvenience or a total annoying situation for those that decide to take on majority of the work.

Jon
Old 08-01-2005, 02:08 PM
Staff Member

if it is a good design you'll need to look at printing at least 100. I did get a lot of people wanting to purchase the last design (ended up being a total of about $250~300) and I only expected to get about 100.

I'm just trying to put my input from the last one so it won't be a total inconvenience or a total annoying situation for those that decide to take on majority of the work.

Jon
Thanks Jon...this is the point I was trying to get across.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Version 7.5 2002 STi
I'd say start with 20 shirts and go from there. Sure the prices will be higher for the initial purchase, but it will also create more demand when people see them.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:25 PM

Car Info: 2011 White Forester.
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by luktang
I agree on the smart shopping part. You asked us on the poll "How much are you willing to pay?" We're just giving you our honest answers. We don't know what the design is or how colorful it will be? We know if we have more colors then the cost per shirt will increase. Then I would be willing to pay a bit more. Base on the given situation, there are simply too many unknown factors right now. We're just being realistic and has nothing to do with being lowballers (at least I am). Bottomline, we should concentrate on the design first.
Agree, too many factors now.. the design should be first priority, and not cost or uneccessary comments/ bashing on people.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:38 PM
Staff Member

Originally Posted by Tiare
Agree, too many factors now.. the design should be first priority, and not cost or uneccessary comments/ bashing on people.
See my above post...I've already agreed with this and stated my explanation for this.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:09 PM

Hey Jon...

Jon

Printing 100 is not a problem...

as soon as we finalize a design...let me know and I will be glad to help out.

I hear you Jon...let's set a deadline on the art, take a poll, set a price...start collecting $ and let's go...

By the way, I can get pretty good deals on Polo's embroidered...$16ish...couple colors...I can do these on an individual basis...

Brent
Old 08-01-2005, 05:55 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
Originally Posted by Ditchhanger
I know I'm living in a fantasy world with unicorns and rainbows...
dude, i have a really great therapist....
by the way- this is a great thread! if anything i see one major positive coming out of this.... we will definitely know our ceiling when it comes to costs. while i'd like to make em as inexpensive as possible- i'd also like to help out local shops- and possibly use them as a "host" for storing inventory- and possibly making some $$ in the process-

not to mention all the offers for help that we have recieved. by saturday our voting will commence and hopefully our tentative budget will be worked out by then.

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 08-01-2005, 11:30 PM
Staff Member

Do we have enough designs?

Quick Reply: Initial decision about the shirts...