From Indiana to Arizona and back again

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 12:29 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1996 STI V3 Type RA
From Indiana to Arizona and back again

Well I left today later than I planned. I drove about 600 miles, and I have 1,100 to drive tomorrow. I'm in Tulsa, OK. I got pulled over for running some stop sign in Indian country. I guess it was a reservation area. I didn't run the stop sign and the cop was a punk. He hastled me about having Hawaii plates and asked me if I was running guns or drugs. He didn't buy my story that I would drive thousands of miles to get my car tuned. I wanted to tell him, "Why yes I am, don't you wish you could just ask all the other drug smugglers and get such a good answer?" No wonder the war on drugs isn't working. The cop had Super-ultra-hyper bright purple flashing lights. I almost had a ****ing epileptic fit. I really felt a seizure comming on. BTW toll roads suck a dick. One think that is awesome about Oklahoma is the speed limit on the Interstate is 75 MPH. So I figure if I keep it around 95 I should be safe ! If I have internet access tomorrow I'll give you guys another update.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:16 AM

Car Info: 2008 Legacy 3.0R 3L H-6 RIP :( Hello 09 FXT!
Originally Posted by keirnna
The cop had Super-ultra-hyper bright purple flashing lights. I almost had a ****ing epileptic fit. I really felt a seizure comming on. BTW toll roads suck a dick.
hahaha. keep it up nate and you'll be in the guiness(sp?) book for the most pulled over by cops. keep updating luv.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:30 AM

Location: Flying on the H1 w/ 75 psi of compression on all 4 cyl
Car Info: PnP VF30 w/ STi injectors Perrin intake walbro fuel pump w/ a TXS TBE
Thumbs up

Your Freakin funny Nate, be safe out there man
Old 04-05-2005, 04:40 AM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
yeah your in my home state! oklahoma is the best as far as driving goes. the speed limits are awesome and there's no restrictions on what you can do to your car. no recon, no safety inspection, nothing. glad to hear your being nate and take some pics. do like a daily travel journal or something. stay safe and have fun. L8R
Old 04-05-2005, 07:32 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Nate,

Make sure and tell Clark Turner that gpatmac is a fan and if he were to give you some of the tricks of the trade to share with me, it would make the Suby tuning community a little bit better.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:35 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
You should've had all your guns in the trunk and opened it up for him to see.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:12 AM
VIP Member

Part 2 -

Well I'm in Flagstaff, AZ right now. This is my route, and how far I drove: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=tulsa,...taff,+az&hl=en

I am tired as hell. I am going to get up early, and drive to Dyno Comp. Pictures to follow later tomorrow. I think I have a job! :banana: I may even make it out to Hawaii within a year or so. I only had one run in with the law today, I had my cruise set at 95 (it is a total ***** that 95 MPH is the fastest that you can set your cruise at! ). This cop swings out in front of me, I slam on my brakes, and he was driving very slow in front of me, thinking I would be dumb enough to pass him so he could pull me over. I got in my right lane, and slowed way down. There was an exit 50 FT in front of me, so I held out to the last second and then exited. It was too late for the cop! He waited for me at the enterance ramp, but I bypassed him through some small town! HA HA HA!

Through Oklahoma there are all of these signs that say, "Do not drive through smoke." WTF? Where is there smoke just sitting on the interstate? I thought maybe I should look for smoke signals or something since I was in Indiana country. I never got to see any though. North Texas, and all of New Mexico suck, because they only have 90 octane gas. I don't know who they are tricking, but just because it says premium doesn't make it so. 75 MPH speed limits are great! New Mexico is pretty sweet, they have Saftey Zones where you have to go 75 MPH or risk double fines, but out side of the saftey zones there is rarley a speed limit sign and never a cop. I had my cruise set at 95 from the moment I got onto the interstate until I had to stop for gas, and then I repeated!
Old 04-06-2005, 12:23 AM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
Man, I need to go on a road trip. The farthest I ever drive are on our cruises. It's cool though, since there's Matsumoto's waiting for me .

I'm curious as to what kind of power lies hidden under that hood of yours, Nate. Post pics/results when you can. Take care, bro!
Old 04-06-2005, 12:27 AM
VIP Member

My car is one giant bug splat. My bumper is about to fall off! I'll take pictures tomorrow, but I had to clean my headlights because they were so dirty almost no light got through. BTW, I thought Arizona was hot. It is supposed to get down to 28 degrees tonight. I am in shorts and sandals so that my be a problem. I just found out it hailed in Tulsa right after I left. I'm really glad I didn't get damage done, because the news said they had golf ball size hail.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:37 AM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
sounds like your having fun. the do not drive through smoke signs are for fires. in Oklahoma there are a lot of plains and fields, and such so sometimes they catch fire or are burned intentionally. the smoke is super thick and black and you can't see where your going. thats why they have the signs. keep us updated on how it's going and watch out for cops. L8R
Old 04-06-2005, 01:56 AM

Car Info: Justy
Sound like you are having one hell of a road trip. If you get a chance take some pics for us to see on your way back home.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:48 AM

Car Info: Real Slow
keirnna,

let me know if you pass through vegas on your way back.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:50 AM
VIP Member

I don't think I'm going to go through vegas, I plan to go visit some people in NM, and TX.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:38 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Nate...you have a PM.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:22 AM

Car Info: Vakamon WRX
Haha. I too, am a cop magnet.

So how was that efi class? Did they give any lectures on cam tuning?

Quick Reply: From Indiana to Arizona and back again