ImportRevolution

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2003, 01:47 AM

Car Info: 02 wrx
ImportRevolution

hey all, i'm gonna be attending the importrevolution car show this sat. i already dropped off my car and finsihed working on it till 6 in the morning:banana: i'm gonna be repping the subaru crowd there, well so far i see joey's(ditchhanger) old car there, effrem with the 2.5rs with the aluminum wing, and this black 02 wrx with 18inch gold SSR type C's. well not very exciting show, and if you want to check me out, i'm gonna be in the crappy ol arena

andrew
Old 12-20-2003, 01:52 AM

Car Info: 2016 Z51 C7, 2007 Exige S, 2008 ZX-10R, 2016 Taco
If you want

to borrow a harness, be at Speed Gear around 1:30 or 2:00. I called but the number was no good?

San
Old 12-20-2003, 01:58 AM

Car Info: 02 wrx
san

you got pm thanks san!
Old 12-20-2003, 03:11 AM

Car Info: 2008 MB C350S Chip/Exhaust 268whp
good luck on the show

i feel the urge to explain why i hardly/don't attend or enter any car shows:

car shows are not my thing, i like having a nice car and all, but i hate the attention i get from it. its prob due to the fact i don't crave attention or anything. i can't see myself whoring my car out there for someone to see, "oh look at me, i have a nice car"....its like a pissing contest out there. sure its nice to look and drool once in a while but whats the point? whoever entered car shows might wanna enlighten me on it because its one of the things i don't understand at all. is it just me that i don't like the fact of showing off or is it just natural for most people(sorta like an exhibitionist to a self kept person, not that any one of them is bad). can anyone enlighten me why people enter car shows?
Old 12-20-2003, 08:39 AM

Car Info: 2003 Z06
Originally posted by BoOm
good luck on the show

i feel the urge to explain why i hardly/don't attend or enter any car shows:

car shows are not my thing, i like having a nice car and all, but i hate the attention i get from it. its prob due to the fact i don't crave attention or anything. i can't see myself whoring my car out there for someone to see, "oh look at me, i have a nice car"....its like a pissing contest out there. sure its nice to look and drool once in a while but whats the point? whoever entered car shows might wanna enlighten me on it because its one of the things i don't understand at all. is it just me that i don't like the fact of showing off or is it just natural for most people(sorta like an exhibitionist to a self kept person, not that any one of them is bad). can anyone enlighten me why people enter car shows?
Different strokes for different folks I guess. I know a lot of people who put in hard work, time & money into their cars and feel that exhibiting the car is an expression of that. I also know a bunch of guys who put as much or more into their cars and feel that as long as they appreciate it, that's all that's important. For me personally, I say either stance on the issue is good as long as you're happy, but if not for the guys willing & able to do these shows, it would be one less automotive event for the car guys. These shows are a good thing for a lot of people, but they aren't for everyone. Just my $.02