Im so jealous....

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 11:41 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Version 7.5 2002 STi
I was given the choice of getting any car I wanted by my parents provided I went to the college they wanted me to go to. Well I didn't and here I am now. Everyone has a story and a reason. Some are more fortunate than others, it's a fact of life. Also remember whomever giveth can also taketh away. I drove a 240 (s13) in high school, but it was taken away from me after 3 months because I was a dumb **it teenager. Since I didn't go to the school my parents wanted, I ended up here and paying for my own stuff, car, home, etc. Well that's how life works.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:52 AM

Car Info: WRX
i got my first car when i was 20 years old.....my dad co signed but that was all i had to pay insurance and the bills that came along with it....but i am happy where i am at today.....
Old 03-08-2005, 11:54 AM

yeah

i know the guy from school... But like yeah im workin my *** off right now, as soon as my jobs settle in im gunna have my pops cosign a loan and im gunna pay for a car myself... yeah its true... rich kids have no sense of work.. HE WILL BE DEMOLISHED IN THE REAL WORLD OF POVERTY AND SEX AND DRUGS AND DOO DOO :BANANA:
Old 03-08-2005, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by 808hi
i know the guy from school... But like yeah im workin my *** off right now, as soon as my jobs settle in im gunna have my pops cosign a loan and im gunna pay for a car myself... yeah its true... rich kids have no sense of work.. HE WILL BE DEMOLISHED IN THE REAL WORLD OF POVERTY AND SEX AND DRUGS AND DOO DOO :BANANA:
Wow....you really are jaded huh
Old 03-08-2005, 12:36 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by islandx
Wow....you really are jaded huh
Yeah, that's a lil extreme. Everybody has his/her own life to live but I do agree w/ Brandy on the "whomever giveth can taketh away." Oh well...

I'm thankful for my parents sending me to college all those years... and giving me shelter and food too. I'm in debted to them. Hopefully, I can make enuff to support them in the future.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:58 PM

Car Info: 2011 White Forester.
Red face

Originally Posted by luktang
Hopefully, I can make enuff to support them in the future.
True... hopefully!
Old 03-08-2005, 01:41 PM

Car Info: 04 Toyota Tacoma
I still got 4.5 years left on my loan. But for those of you that work to pay for your mods and your car, we have a lot of pride in our cars knowing that it was all us that got this car to this point. I'm glad that my parents didn't help me with my car (or gave it to me) as would not have nearly as much appreciation and pride that I have now.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:57 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by luktang
Yeah, that's a lil extreme. Everybody has his/her own life to live but I do agree w/ Brandy on the "whomever giveth can taketh away." Oh well...

I'm thankful for my parents sending me to college all those years... and giving me shelter and food too. I'm in debted to them. Hopefully, I can make enuff to support them in the future.
Ha ha ha I'm in debted too...to the man. Damn college and parent that lied!

Anyways, it's cool if you're a rich kid but your parents didn't raise you to act like the stereotypical rich kid. However, many kids don't understand what it's like to have to fight tooth and nail to get anywhere in this world. All I know is that if you compare the rich kids at my high school to me...I am much more successful than they are.

One thing us poorer kids learned is how to deal with adversity.

So yeah, it's all G if you're rich just remember that some people had to fight to get the priviledges that you had by default.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:22 PM

Car Info: gc w/ neons and a wrx that needs neons
i love my MP racing sponsorship.

they hella spoiled me with that brand new 11 year old maxima with a gash longer than my body. it got me around, i could actually leave this side of the island.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by namakemono
i love my MP racing sponsorship.

they hella spoiled me with that brand new 11 year old maxima with a gash longer than my body. it got me around, i could actually leave this side of the island.
The gash is a vent to cool off your brakes (meaning your foot) yo!!!! :rotfl:
Old 03-08-2005, 03:50 PM

Car Info: 04sti
Im one of those lucky kids that got an sti.....to tell you the truth i wasn't planning on getting one, i would have settled for a used 240...my parents and i went to subaru kaneohe just to see what they had to offer, i think it was Darryl(sp) the mustang guy, showed us around, well my dad fell in love with the sti
so we went back home and totally forgot about the sti since i knew i wasn't gonna get it...then my dad started to talk about it so i told him what it could do and such...then this is what he told me...."do you want it?".......so of course i was like F*ck yeah!!
then he goes, "ok well go take a look at it again tomorrow", [me] WTF...are you serious?..[/me] i thought he was playing a cruel joke, next day we went to subaru again, to make long story short, we were approved and took the sti home that day.
and yes im very thankful...i just wish i can get a good job so i can help them pay for it. i also use my own money for mods and gas. I asked them why they bought me an sti and they said they know that i work hard ( i help my dad in his catering business, usually my first priority instead of going out and stuff) and i will probably take over the business in the near future.
...again im very thankfull and will never take it for granted.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:14 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
^^^Well that's a BIG difference from just being given the car. You actually work for the family business and probably work hard for it.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:16 PM

Car Info: 2011 White Forester.
Thumbs up

True and you should be rewarded as indeed the STi for now!

Good job!
Old 03-08-2005, 04:21 PM

Amen brother! Take care of it and drive it w/ passion and caution.
Old 03-08-2005, 06:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
16 i wasn't even thinking about nice cars...just girls and going out...oh wait maybe i couldn't afford it yet...i don't know i don't care...he should just feel blessed and be appreciative of what his parents just did and if hes not, oh well I just hope he drives carefully with the car..but 16 yr olds are hard to control these days...specially when you can't use the belt buckle anymore before they call the cops on you...hahahaha

i don't know what i just said..what ok i forgot...

Quick Reply: Im so jealous....