I think it funny......

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 11:19 AM

welcome to Hawaii baby...don't feel too bad. Sometime i have the feeling that if you're not japanese, your not welcome to certain things. Not only you palefaces get this treatment.
Old 05-13-2003, 02:04 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
Originally posted by Mach5WRX
Oh here we go...........
Hey...let me join in the ranting...
Old 05-13-2003, 02:26 PM

Car Info: White on Gold STi
Originally posted by Ditchhanger
Hey...let me join in the ranting...
What a post *****
Old 05-13-2003, 02:35 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Originally posted by Raudi
welcome to Hawaii baby...don't feel too bad. Sometime i have the feeling that if you're not japanese, your not welcome to certain things. Not only you palefaces get this treatment.
You know the funny part? I *AM* half Japanese - but nobody believes me because my skin is transparent (as Erin puts it). Ain't that a *****?

So I end up with a small dick and no fringe benefits. What a mother****er.

Kidding, re: The small dick. Promise. Seriously. Oh, ****... Whatever.
Old 05-13-2003, 02:38 PM

Car Info: White on Gold STi
Originally posted by IS2Scooby

So I end up with a small dick and no fringe benefits.
At least local girls will talk to you in a public place
Old 05-13-2003, 09:33 PM
Pr0n King

Originally posted by 18hrwrx
At least local girls will talk to you in a public place
When I went to college in NorCal the white girls didn't want to have anything to do with me... Probably because I was just tall enough to look right into their chests, but I can't help being 5'9"! (Okay, 5'8 and 13/48ths + 2mm)

Agreed on the intolerance here in the islands. But at least socially we're not segregated like so many places on the mainland today.

I think you are feeling reverse racism, John - but no worse than any minority feels anywhere else.

My girlfriends have always been asian (my preference, no other reason than that) and I've seen racism in action MANY times in California, Colorado, and Floriday (I only mention those places because that's where I have personal experience). This has been in retail, work, education, and home/social environments.

It sucked to be me when I was on the mainland (I have black hair and funny eyes - so I must be Mexican and watched constantly when I browse through the products at Jiffy Mart so I don't steal any 40 oz'ers and pork rinds), and it sucks to be here (apparently I'm as white as anybody has ever seen here in Honolulu!)

Socially Hawaii is VERY integrated.

Economically Hawaii is VERY nepotism-heavy.

Sucks to be us.
Old 05-13-2003, 09:38 PM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
Hawaii is 'the mostest' racist state I have been to , more so than the states you mentioned Richard. But I totally agree, "people are a$$hole's everywhere". I'd like it better here if they'd build a bridge interconnecting all the islands!!

.... and people watch you in the store because you look like a thug, ... not b/c you're not white!
Old 05-13-2003, 09:39 PM
Pr0n King

Me, a thug? Hahahah. I'm the skinniest, dorkiest (yet STRIKINGLY handsome I'm told) goofball around... Who could believe I'm a thug?

What's that? Oh, that was YOUR wallet? My bad - I thought I slipped mine in your back pocket... Here you go.

Old 05-13-2003, 09:41 PM
Where is my beer?

oh, and to comment again on different experiences in different states .... my lawyer is and asian mix, ... and she grew up in Louisiana, ... she thought that when she moved here after college that she would 'fit in better', .... but as soon as she opens her mouoth and speaks 'proper english', .... she has been shut out more than she ever was on the mainland. I just thought that was weird.
Old 05-13-2003, 09:42 PM
Where is my beer?

Originally posted by IS2Scooby
Me, a thug? Hahahah. I'm the skinniest, dorkiest (yet STRIKINGLY handsome I'm told) goofball around... Who could believe I'm a thug?

What's that? Oh, that was YOUR wallet? My bad - I thought I slipped mine in your back pocket... Here you go.

haha LOL!

too bad you got "short changed" in the package department though huh?? lol!
Old 05-13-2003, 09:43 PM
Pr0n King

Might Hawaii be "most racist state" you've seen because it's the first one you have experience being in the minority with? What other states have you been to where White people were the moral minority?

I know when I went to Oakland for a computer trade show - I learned the meaning of the word "Cracka" real quick.

I know that when I accidentally went to the wrong club in SF (no, not THAT kind of wrong club! ) I was surrounded by Mexicans with no other race in site. I could go down the street and be surrounded by black people, then cross said street and be in a club filled with only Asians... That's pretty segragated and "racist"...

I'm not arguing AT ALL - I'm just stating MY EXPERIENCES. Then again I'm all jacked up when it comes to racial make-up (Japanese, French, English, Irish, German) so maybe that's why everybody hates me. It can't be because I'm over garrulous, ****, irritating, and sooo handsome as to inspire jealousy can it?
Old 05-13-2003, 09:54 PM
Where is my beer?

Actually, I've lived in Memphis (mostly black in the city), Chicago (a lot of different races), Norfolk (just a **** hole), San Diego (I loved my filipino girlfriend!! ), and in FL, MS, and a couple other places for short periods of time.

I have always been the minority' when it came to the group of friends I hang out with, ... most of the time, I was only one of the few white peeps in my group of friends. And here, within our 'car community' and such, ... the friendship is great, ..... but if you try and introduce yourself 'elsewhere', .... forgetta bout it! They just be soo stuck up!!!

<--- me, ........ uhh, some of the time
Old 05-13-2003, 09:57 PM
Where is my beer?

oh yeah and .........

........ "I think it funny" how Mike got through highschool with his mAd gRaMmeR sKiLZ yO!!!!

LOL!
Old 05-13-2003, 10:15 PM

well if some of you Haole brothers what to "fit" in more may I suggest the following.

http://www.aloha-hawaii.com/pidgin/pidgin.html

some good reading....
Amazon Amazon

this should help with the complextion....

http://www.tanforless.com/orcruscoolbr.html

Last edited by Raudi; 05-13-2003 at 10:18 PM.

Quick Reply: I think it funny......