I so want this game!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 05:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by JeebS
just buy a swap disk and you're set. no need to mod or go lookin' for a j-spec ps2. @_@ kaido battle 2 is still a favorite of mine. i just use my swap disk to tweek out on naruto games and beatmania. weee!
Brah, tell me more about a "swap disk" please. I stay kinda dumb when it comes to these things nowadays
Old 11-18-2004, 02:30 AM

Car Info: 2005 Wrx STi Crystal Grey metallic
ahh, the swap method.... what u do is buy a boot disk that comes with a tool to open the cd tray. first you boot the disk, then open the tray when ready, "swap" the disk and go play. well thats how i remember it.someone correct me if its the wrong method im talking about. tho it is easier than modding your ps2, here are some cons, its a hassle everytime to keep swaping, some people dont mind tho, you could possibly break the dvd drive from wearing out the drive when forcing it open. theres a ps2 case they sell that comes with a top flip door for the cd drive. it will void the warranty. mod chips are good because of direct boot. just place in the backup or foreign ps2 disk. older chips need some kinda swaping.
reliability of mod chips depend on how much money u put into it, it also will have more features for a more expensive chip. there are cheap ones that are about 20 bucks not installed. i dont know the swap method's reliability as i havent used it. i paid 60 for a reputable chip, the DMS3 PLUS. i installed it myself. installation will be very difficult for anyone with no practice. if u run into problems, that will probably mean you got yourself many hours of trouble shooting, maybe days. i could keep on goin, sorry i did try to keep it short. this shows the crap involed, so if u wanna be safe, just go with the swap, if u got time and money, try the mod.....
Old 11-18-2004, 02:36 AM

Car Info: 2005 Wrx STi Crystal Grey metallic
oh yea, if you are wondering why u need it, sony prevents games from europe and asia, and other places, from working on the US version. same goes the other way around, us games wont work there...europe wont work with asia and US, blah blah..
Old 11-18-2004, 05:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Mahalos Mr. STI. Maybe I'll just go to Keiko's house and play on her JDM PS2 instead