I quit working @ Kaneohe Subaru.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2003, 11:17 PM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
dude, sorry to hear about all that!
But JN has THE worst stories I've heard of here!
Old 12-14-2003, 11:20 PM

Aw dude it was not that bad is it?
The bizz I mean.
Why don't you work for Schuman in Waipahu?
I hear that they have an open postion there and they give you an office too.
You can work with sub-sonic and the gang sometimes hang out there.
Old 12-14-2003, 11:52 PM

Car Info: 2007 7.0RS
Re: I quit working @ Kaneohe Subaru.....

Originally posted by Sti-nkinPhast

oh btw, I might work for JN chevrolet...... Can anyone see the irony of this post????
BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

JN sucks A$$!!! my two experiences there were horrible!!! and they still have the 2 yellow Z06's there (couple of months ago, i made an offer on one, but they basically told me to go screw myself)...

i dont wanna ever hafta go back to that dealership, but unfortunately, they're the only lotus dealer here (i still wanna check out the lotus elise)...but if you do eventually work there, and can get me a lotus elise for msrp, lemme know...
Old 12-15-2003, 10:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1996 STI V3 Type RA
Well sorry they screwed you. What is your real name?

Nathan
Old 12-15-2003, 11:30 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
They are crazy, my neighbor went there to look at Avalanche's and they had them marked up $9k over MSRP my neighbor laughed and told them they could keep it and he would buy from the mainland... Couple days later they called asked if he was still interested he said get bent.. Couple days later they called again and he payed MSRP they I guess were wanting to move them off the lot..
Old 12-16-2003, 12:02 AM

Car Info: gc w/ neons and a wrx that needs neons
man are car dealships shady grady, i gotta learn not to be a victim to this stuff.

sorry to hear about that sti-nkin phast
Old 12-16-2003, 05:52 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 94 T-Leg Sedan and a 00 M5
I will never miss car shopping in Hawaii. A couple of things that really irritated me there were:

1. Ungodly high markups. Sometimes dealers do that here for premium vehicles or limited editions, never on a Kia Rio

2. MSRP is a discount. See #1. This is ridiculous, but I suppose if you are accustomed to people paying $3k+ in a markup, then MSRP is a major hit to your PROFIT margin.

3. Lying about the reason for the markup. I always asked about the markup. I received answers ranging from, "It costs more to ship them to Hawaii" to "Land prices are higher so we have to charge more" to "It's hard for dealers to make a profit here due to bad economic times". I rarely argues with the yahoo's telling me this. But I always tried to figure out if these guys knew what a destination charge was, if they realized that land prices are ungodly high EVERYWHERE (except the midwest), and that the whole nation was having a pretty crappy economic time of it. Also, why could Subaru and Toyota get away with little to no markup? Hmmmm.

I was looking at a Forester last month, and I asked the guy, "What kind of discount can I get on one of these?" He straight up answered me with the military, factory, and dealer incentives, and handed me a price for $1500 less than MSRP. He then told me that they were still making a decent profit from the vehicle and if they sold more of them, then they would lower it further.

This also happened when I was looking for a Jetta TDI for my wife.

Do you know what that made me do? Make a mental note that I would GLADLY purchase a vehicle from these guys, because they were straight with me. I know that I can't get the newest car for below-invoice cost (except in rare circumstances). I understand that dealerships need to make a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars of profit due to high overhead costs. However, I also know that I do NOT have to pay a markup.

End of sermon.
Old 12-16-2003, 12:14 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
Post in defense of the car salesperson

Hey Jeremy,

I feel your pain dude... i just hope that you do well in whatever profession you choose. I'll talk to the finance mgr. 4 ya.

to those of you who have negative thoughts about car dealerships. on behalf of the car business...I apologize. I know that the car biz has a terrible reputation. when i decided to get back in the car business i made this choice for my family.(fiance/foster daughter) what some people don't realize is that i am a music minister in my dads church(my dad is the pastor) and he really keeps me in check at times. not to say i'm perfect but i try my best to be a man of integrity(have fun at the same time!) i have faith that the car business can still have a positive image... and i think it starts with one. i chose this profession to help me finance my marriage and support my family....i love cars... i love to drive them... i love the feeling when i sell one...i love seeing the customers face when they drive one home.... i love talking to people.... as for the negative side... i been in this business long enough to know that the bad always seems to wash out....to me money is great... but it is secondary.... i know this for a FACT.... that whatever i do...if that is where God wants me to be... he will always provide for my finances...thats something i try my hardest to remember when i am with my customers.

Last edited by gdogg; 12-16-2003 at 12:28 PM.