I now present to you our new Meat Man.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 08:35 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
I now present to you our new Meat Man.

Let's give it up for Mr. Jon Tabarejo (iNfEk) who will henceforth be the new meat man. There will be a few changes made to the current weekly meets, but I believe they make a lot of sense. Needless to say, I suport him and I hope to attend one of these soon.

I will bow out and as my last act, announce this Thursday's meet to be in Waikele. Drinks on Jon!!! Bwahahahaha!!!
Old 03-27-2006, 08:41 PM

ps...the following is a quote from a past thread of mine.

"so who's gonna be in charge of the meets and cruises?"

Good question.

Criteria: This person would have to love i-club AT LEAST half as much as I do. This implies:

1. They'd be willing to plan and attend meets and cruises regardless of location. This implies that using gas prices as an excuse is a rather wimpy and if that mattered, then you should have bought an Echo. Nothing is far. We live on an island. Mainland i-clubbers would laugh at us for complaining about a 20 minute drive to a meet. All who attend these events should respect the location of the meets as well as the people there. I always try to leave good impressions for Starbucks managers/employees as well as security guards so that they will allow us to return for future meets.

2. They'd have an open mind and would welcome all new Subie owners. This means that they would have to tolerate the relative naievety to Subarus as well as help guide them in the proper direction with minimal flamage. If not, then these forums would be just another NASIOC.

3. They would have to contribute to the image of HIIC meaning not driving like a jackhole on public roads regardless of whether or not there is a track to race legally on. For the same reason we race on the tracks, we must not race on the streets. We also need to respect other drivers on the road. Subarus aren't the only cool things on four wheels. The last thing we need are Subie-haters. I know it's tempting to show off your boxer rumbles and blow off valves during cruises with like 40 other HIICers, but take it easy. We don't need to get on the public's as well as HPD's bad sides.

4. Be willing to help out another HIIC member in need. If somebody needs and asks help installing something, be willling to lend a helping hand. Also, make them realize that you're not doing it FOR them, but WITH them. Having them learn and help install their own mods is more valuable than doing it yourself. That way, they can "pay it forward" by helping future or current members with their install projects.

5. Make an attempt to know as many members as you can. You will realize that there are A LOT of awesome HIICers here, many of which do not know each other for one reason or another. Do not forget former HIICers when they move away. They were a part of your life when they were here and deserve some long distance aloha as well as some more if they come back. Also, welcome visiting i-clubbers from other chapters and show them what HIIC is all about...racing and ****.

6. When Imprezer comes over, be cool or you will be banned. He likes school teachers and doesn't drink beer.

7. Do not EVER look down on Forester XTs. In stock form, they will tear the right and left ********* off a WRX in the quarter mile and with minimal suspension mods, on the twisties as well. In fact, give the drivers shakas whenever you can, regardless if they're over 50 years old.

...and to add to this. I'd really like to see HIIC grow. I am proud to be from such a great club and would really like to look forward to returning to something just as great if not greater. I expect to be treated to some Jamba Juice and a few beers when I come and visit.

--Josh
Old 03-27-2006, 11:06 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
I am honored to be the one selected to be in charge of this. I hope that I will be able to meet your expectations.

I am open to suggestions. it doesn't necessarily have to be starbucks for the meets since I'd like to change it up a bit. but mostly so that we can meet new people and enjoy our selves while doing it.

Of course as always parking and security does play a key roll in this.

Jon
Old 03-27-2006, 11:12 PM

Car Info: subaru
Can we change it to Friday nights? Now that the track is closing, us "track faithful" crowd need another excuse to meet on the weekends. And I'm sure that a lot of people work on weekdays and that prevents them from going on Thursdays. I know that's why I have to wuss out so often on regular meets...
-Alexis
Old 03-27-2006, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by YamazakiSubaru
Can we change it to Friday nights? Now that the track is closing, us "track faithful" crowd need another excuse to meet on the weekends. And I'm sure that a lot of people work on weekdays and that prevents them from going on Thursdays. I know that's why I have to wuss out so often on regular meets...
-Alexis
that is definately one of my considerations since I work a constant changnig shift now... Unfortunately due to the new job I may not (depending on my schedule) be attending a lot of these meets but I wish that the faithful few still show up to show the newbies a good time

Jon
Old 03-28-2006, 12:03 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
we should do a photoshoot meet, bbq meat, bowling night or day meet, have a get together dinner, etc...............it really sucks that the track will be closing, what the hell do i do with my car now....
Old 03-28-2006, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by de pilipino guy
we should do a photoshoot meet, bbq meat, bowling night or day meet, have a get together dinner, etc...............it really sucks that the track will be closing, what the hell do i do with my car now....
good ideas... keep them coming. of course these are for future things though.

photoshoot might have to be postponed due to the weather conditions that we've been having preventing us from detailing our cars.

Jon
Old 03-28-2006, 12:25 AM

I say hang tight. I'm sure the state won't let us motorheads go w/out a venue for too long. I'm praying that they've got a pleasant surprise waiting to be announced. If anything, consider your mods to be "accident avoiding modifications". Better brakes, better suspension, better tires, "extra merging power"---all necessary to avoid accidents, right?
Old 03-28-2006, 12:28 AM

there have been people posting regarding a reopening of the track.

also there was a S.O.R.T (i think it's save our race track) meeting at Kapolei High School tonight at 6PM but I wasn't able to attend.

hopefully things will go well for us

Jon
Old 03-28-2006, 12:52 AM

Car Info: 09 xt
yeah jon!! take the torch, do us proud
Old 03-28-2006, 01:00 AM

Car Info: kitanai kuroi kuruma
Originally Posted by de pilipino guy
it really sucks that the track will be closing, what the hell do i do with my car now....
Sell it. I am. Gonna buy the new FJ Cruiser. :banana:
Old 03-28-2006, 12:32 PM

Car Info: Aspen White 03 BES
hmm...me wonders why i wasnt selected for the meat man position...its cuz im white aint it josh? yeah...anyway...DRINKS ON JON
Old 03-28-2006, 12:55 PM

Car Info: 06 F4I & 04 G35 CHEHOOO
jon, are you sure you can do #2? HAHAHAHA
Old 03-28-2006, 02:03 PM

Car Info: GC8 Type-R, BH5 Wangon Gen3 and 05 SV650 Naked!
Thumbs up

auuurite iNfEk the new meat man heehee....
Old 03-28-2006, 05:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
Smile

Originally Posted by myroncuz
jon, are you sure you can do #2? HAHAHAHA
haha no kidding

Quick Reply: I now present to you our new Meat Man.