View Poll Results: What should I do?
Keep your RS, pay off all your bills, and 2.0 turbo that sucker!
14.29%
Keep your RS, pay off your bills and buy a house
52.38%
Sell your RS, wait a few months, buy an STi, then try to buy a house later
9.52%
Oh shut up already...Why are you talking about this again?!?
23.81%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

I need opinons...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 03:16 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
Originally posted by Nolimit
... right now you know I'm in a "predicament", ... and I'm to the point where I want something that will make me happy , AND be reliable! AND make me do this when I drive it to work everyday -->

choices are tough, ... but that's what makes us men.
You could always buy my car for $14,500!...LOL
Old 05-23-2003, 03:46 PM

Originally posted by Ditchhanger
NO I'M NOT! I'm just trying to think responsibly. I mean, I'm almost 28, I still live at home, and I think it's rediculous. I make a pretty good living doing what I do now, but I'm so torn (between toys and being responsible).
Ok heres the deal. Live at home. Buy a place and rent it out, since mortgage rates are so low (get a tax write off). Sell the RS and buy a STi.

-Snuff
Old 05-23-2003, 03:56 PM
Staff Member

Originally posted by snuffyrsx
Ok heres the deal. Live at home. Buy a place and rent it out, since mortgage rates are so low (get a tax write off). Sell the RS and buy a STi.

-Snuff
In that order?
Old 05-23-2003, 04:00 PM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
dude, ... you can't listen to someone who has "rsx" in their screen name!

and the bank will only give me blue book price for your car anyhow
Old 05-23-2003, 04:08 PM
Staff Member

Try a personal loan...and like you would be interested anyway...
Old 05-23-2003, 04:12 PM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
Try a personal loan...and like you would be interested anyway...
personal loan, ... you mean the one's with High interest rates!?? no thank u

... and what do you mean I wouldn't be interested!!!??? I'm offended!! ... If I could afford the car and a different power plant, I'd be all over it, ... it'd be peanut butter n jelly time!!!
Old 05-23-2003, 04:28 PM
Staff Member

Sorry about that...but I appreciate the thought
Old 05-23-2003, 05:01 PM

dude, ... you can't listen to someone who has "rsx" in their screen name!

I can always change my name to SnuffySTi, since i rarely drive my RSX anymore.

Yeah, live with Mom and Dad...buy a house or condo or something to get a write off. Rent it out (reap the tax break). Sell the RS and buy the STi. Its pretty simple...although this doesnt have to happen in like 1 week or something. It could take a few years....but you will be better of in the long run. Have someone else pay down your mortgage when you live at home.

-Snuff
Old 05-23-2003, 05:07 PM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Question. Is it because its so damn expensive out here that a lot of people live at home? Dont get me wrong, Im in NO way ******* on those that do. Believe me if my Dad had a place closer to town we would probably still crash with him. It just seems its more customary out here to live with parents and even grandparents. Not sure if its mostly an Asian thing or what. I know in PI and such heck you live with the whole family forever and my wife thinks its wierd that americans try to get AWAY from the parents as soon as possible. She also thinks its insance to have old folks homes, I mean locking up the parents because they are a bit old, heck they should stay with you.

Oh well, just curious. And once again believe Im not getting on anyone or talking down to anyone still shacking at the homestead. I would do that in an instant to save money towards my own place. And buying a place to rent out is an awesome idea if you can do that. Friends of ours have 5 houses they rent out and both drive Mercedes and they still work cleaning houses and at Walmart. I mean why not. As long as you also enjoy the present and have fun, you might as well plan for the future too...
Old 05-23-2003, 05:14 PM

Yeah i know living with Mom and Dad isnt the coolest line to say to pick up chicks....

but I know a lot of folks who retired before 50, owning 4-5 houses and making more on rental income then they made when working full time. Basically they would, rent out a place and then refinance the place when they built up some equity....go find another place to rent out and do it all over again. once on place was paid off...they used the rental income to pay down the mortgage of the other place. Granted this isnt a get rich quick deal...but over time it pays off mad $$$$.

Now for the folks that think you will get raped on taxes wth all that rental income....its all about depreciation.

Have your money for 24x7...since you cant.

-Snuff
Old 05-23-2003, 05:31 PM

Car Info: 5.4RS
ive got a couple of opions shutup keep your car pay off your bills and screw the 2.0 turbo,keep your 2.5 and build that
by the way i love ya man so when you decide to keep your car ill take the seats stilll
Old 05-25-2003, 10:17 AM
Staff Member

Hey Ds...try and use commas, ok? Maybe I shouldn't have put the option about buying a house...that really skewed things. I'm not looking on buying a house for the next 2 years or so...but I'm just trying to think what will be better financially.
Old 05-25-2003, 01:19 PM

Hey Ds...try and use commas, ok? Maybe I shouldn't have put the option about buying a house...that really skewed things. I'm not looking on buying a house for the next 2 years or so...but I'm just trying to think what will be better financially.
Dont take out a car loan before you buy a new house. It will mess up your credit scores. If thats the case, just pay off your RS and save up some $$$. Keep your credit score nice and high, and have a solid down for your house in the coming years. After you buy your house, then think about picking up that STi.

-Snuff
Old 05-25-2003, 02:13 PM

Car Info: 2016 Z51 C7, 2007 Exige S, 2008 ZX-10R, 2016 Taco
OK,

putting on my flame suit. It's almost June. The STI is sweet, and has a lot of potential, but nobody knows how it's going to hold up. Especially with crazy Americans. It's such a new powerplant platform. It's not like you're driving a piece of sch!t. Why not wait and see what's in store next year. These are exciting times for imports. The horsepower wars have started, and the only companies sorely missing are Toyota and maybe Honda. Just my $0.02, mileage definately varies. I have no right to preach, traded a six-month old vehicle in to get my WRX.

San
Old 05-25-2003, 02:14 PM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
1) Turbo the RS

2) Buy a house

You can do both!!!!!

I know of at lest 2 stock WRX turbos that aren't being used right now. Maybe the owners would let them go for really cheap. We could make a very good turbo kit for you, all you'd need is the engine management. Now is the time to do this. You have all the free help you can get.

Once again

1) Turbo the RS

2) Buy a house

Quick Reply: I need opinons...